g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Bruno Fernandes | Signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
I feel like we’re paying too much (again).

Can we finally get some luck with a signing, please god?

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
I was at OT when he scored his first goal. Spurs I think it was. The whole place just fell about laughing. I believe he went about 25 games without scoring.
It was Swansea, and I was in their end for a sports mans bet(otherwise known as an idiots bet as no money changes hands), I was so surprised when it flew in that I jumped on a barrier waving my arms around like a loon, to this day not sure how I got out alive.

theklr

But.. We aren't paying what they wanted? The reports all suggest we need to win the pl or he wins the balloon to get the full price.
Yeah, exactly. The reports a few days ago was that Sporting didnt want any of these "very unlikely" add-ons, so we split them up into one likely (number of matches), one possible (qualifiying), and the unlikely one (CL win or Ballon d'or).
Was a good compromise and we didnt just pay them "the starting price" as many thinks. The club is also adamant that the Barca "bid" didnt affect the new bid, but guess we'll never know what really happened.

Sky has been horrible unreliable with this saga, but they are getting more and more tabloid so no wonder.

FreakyJim

How much would be a fair initial price?
I’d say 40-45m pounds is more than fair. Personally I wouldn’t give any Portuguese club more than 30m for a player, their league isn’t good enough for what they’re demanding.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Perhaps. A serviceable #10 who does what a #10 is supposed to do is what I'd expect from a player in this price bracket, unless at the end of their contract or only wanting to join us.

As long as his base level fits the remit of a CL-qualifying club, he'll have been a success.

The majority of our players are below the bar for their positions and that's, realistically, the first thing to fix. Once we're in the CL as a permanent fixture, players on the next rungs up who are expected to reach the top bracket should start filtering through to us.

If Bruno comes in and performs like a top 4-level #10, we should see a lift across multiple positions around him, which would be the biggest boon of the signing even if he goes on to be nothing more than he initially was. A few years down the line, once established as a better side, he probably then goes into squad rotation, but even if that is the case, if he's contributing, he'll have been well worth the money.
Great post

The post highlights perfectly why this is very much a signing needed at the present moment. Just raising the standard slightly would be ideal over the next few seasons. This is exactly how City and Chelsea did the business when coming into money. I still think we're not far off being a permanent fixture to be in the Champions League. I am positive had Martial been fit earlier in the season and Pogba available we'd have at least 10 extra points.

DBT85

I’d say 40-45m pounds is more than fair. Personally I wouldn’t give any Portuguese club more than 30m for a player, their league isn’t good enough for what they’re demanding.
We're giving them £46m now and another £8m after some achievements. They'll never see the rest.

Can7onA

Newcastle were pimping Longstaff for 50 mil so this boy is a bargain in comparison.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Just watch how the media refer to him as ‘£68 million’ Bruno Fernandes.
In fact they’ll probably add £12 million more just for laughs.

DBT85

Just watch how the media refer to him as ‘£68 million’ Bruno Fernandes.
In fact they’ll probably add £12 million more just for laughs.
It'll be £80m because they'll take the 80m euro and convert right to £.

Oh plus wages.

So now it's the £150m signing.

BlackBen

Great signing! This one really excites me as it’ll mark the end of the Lingard/Andreas shitshow if we manage to get it over the line.

Now where’s that “Bruno Fernandes|Welcome to Manchester United “ video? :drool::drool::drool:

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
72 hours ago, its was pay wtf Sporting wants to get this deal over the line. Penny-pinch cnuts.

Now its I think we over-paid. Not worth 48million etc.

Alabaster Codify7

I think this is a very good fee for an attacking player with his numbers, regardless of the fact its a Portuguese league signing. In the current climate, I am happy with the fee and add-ons. I just really hope he succeeds, it seems like forever since one of our signings has been an undisputed success story.

theklr

72 hours ago, its was pay wtf Sporting wants to get this deal over the line. Penny-pinch cnuts.

Now its I think we over-paid. Not worth 48million etc.
If we had a fully fit squad I definately agree, we probably wouldnt even buy him in that case.

But as it is as of now, we needed to overpay somewhat. And I am glad the club realised that.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
I'm not sure why but a couple of times I've seen him play he reminds me of Ex Barca and now Everton player Andre Gomes.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
If we had a fully fit squad I definately agree, we probably wouldnt even buy him in that case.

But as it is as of now, we needed to overpay somewhat. And I am glad the club realised that.
Even with a fully fit squad, we are short of a couple of midfielders.

Siorac

Analysts saying that he gives the ball away a lot because of going for the killer pass - our fans and pundits will be on his back soon enough for that, lambasting for always going for the "Hollywood pass" and "not keeping it simple" and whatever other shite they usually come up with when Pogba is trying to do something unexpected, or when Nani was doing the same back in the day.

Then again, the standards for the No. 10 position have been set by Lingard and Pereira so that will buy him some time.

Kostov

Yeah, theres a difference between this and shitting on the club because we were linked with Tevez.
Too many posters want to believe these stories.
Also Sporting approached us didnt they? Do you honestly think negotiations are one sided? They obviously stretched this for as long as they could. If we started at 65m then we would be here talking about an 80m deal. This was never getting done early.
Yes there is a difference, there is plenty of appalling things happening that we as fans can be pissed. Being linked with Tevez is not one of them.

As far as I know the agent of Bruno approached us, not Sporting. Imagine Sporting approaching us? Are we buying a player simply because someone offered him to us, or because we need him? We are the ones that needed reinforcements, and we could have negotiated the deal before January, if we actually had a proper plan. How are the likes of Liverpool doing that?

No Love

Now where’s that “Bruno Fernandes|Welcome to Manchester United “ video? :drool::drool::drool:
You just have to know where to look. All their titles were changed to, ‘Bruno Fernandes: Welcome to Barcelona’ yesterday.

Ekeke

So you think he'll do a lot worse than Maddison and Grealish playing cm?

I'm expecting 8-10 goals and 8-10 assists in the league next season - maybe 4 and 4 for the rest of this season

Nick7

I'm not sure why but a couple of times I've seen him play he reminds me of Ex Barca and now Everton player Andre Gomes.
They look similar in terms of stature and movement. Bruno seems a lot better further up the field though.

RedNed77

Roll on Feb 1st. Preferably with Bruno still at SCP :rolleyes:. This has claimed the record of the most tedious, baseless, transfer speculation ever.

Ekeke

Analysts saying that he gives the ball away a lot because of going for the killer pass - our fans and pundits will be on his back soon enough for that, lambasting for always going for the "Hollywood pass" and "not keeping it simple" and whatever other shite they usually come up with when Pogba is trying to do something unexpected, or when Nani was doing the same back in the day.

Then again, the standards for the No. 10 position have been set by Lingard and Pereira so that will buy him some time.
Most of his assists and key passes come from crosses and corners like Maddison. A chunk of goals from penalties and freekicks

Doesnt matter to me but some people were upset that Maddison sets up chances with crosses and corners, so I guess they'll be upset with Bruno too

FreakyJim

Newcastle were pimping Longstaff for 50 mil so this boy is a bargain in comparison.
I wouldn’t pay 50 for their whole club
So you think he'll do a lot worse than Maddison and Grealish playing cm?

I'm expecting 8-10 goals and 8-10 assists in the league next season - maybe 4 and 4 for the rest of this season
He’s a bigger gamble but I hope you’re right.
Don’t get me wrong though, 80mil+ for either of those two is ridiculous. I wouldn’t even consider it.

Ekeke

I'd say Gomes has better technique (other than shooting) but he never had any end product, whereas Bruno Fernandes is mostly about his end product

Status
Not open for further replies.