Bruno Fernandes | Signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Urban Goose

The thing is even if we were to get Bruno we still need a striker desperately too.
But Ed can't seem to try to negotiate for more than one player.
Multitasking is not his forte!! :D
One player at a time is plenty when you're also doing deals for our Canadian maple syrup partner, Indonesia noodle partner, Uzbekistan uranium partner and Bolivian cocaine partner.

croadyman

We’ll get him. Problem is. We need 3 more
Could only see 1 more at the most but will take a miracle to get striker cover for Rashford with only 10 days left of the window.

We certainly need to be looking at bringing in a DM, CM & RW this summer.

I know he is very much an unknown quantity but would go for this Llorente in a DM role

My top choice for CM would definitely be Saul but only way this will happen is when Pogba gets sold

I also still see us going back for Grealish as Utd like players who can play multiple midfield positions.

Obviously the dream RW would be Sancho but only happens with champions league,if we miss out again then I am not averse to bringing in someone like Fraser.

Last edited:

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
that literally has nothing to do with a sports club. If anything it would be like a family having a fleet of cars to take various people about their daily tasks/jobs and they buy a tesla for 40k... but they sold their camry for 20k their truck for 25k and they sold their SUV for 20k. Cool now you have a 40k vehicle but can't do half the shit you could before.

To say net spend on a collection of players who have to play together is irrelevant and then compare it to a singular item makes no sense to the point that is being made.
Difference being that we also took £100m worth of players out of the squad. Lukaku would come in bloody handy right now.
I don't think anyone is disputing that we have disposed of players in key positions and not replaced them. Also, I don't think anyone is disagreeing that those who have gone, needed to go. The problem is that effective replacements haven't been brought in.

We've spent fortunes on players that have been sold a couple of years later, we haven't even lost much on the sales.

Net spend is still irrelevant here.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
This is the worst saga ever. A famous international player we clearly need wants to come and we Dick around for a few weeks to what end? We can(t) do things in the transfer market other clubs can only dream of. We are a joke compared to properly run clubs when it comes to transfers. This particular transfer is a joke for so many reasons now too. I always expect a surprise or something else going on behind the scenes but the last few years we’ve been slow, sloppy, unimaginative in our targets and not even fully supportive of our managers anymore (which was the one plus from the horrible last few years) and no surprises ever happen even as we fall way behind on the pitch.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
OH MY GOD HE IS STARTING TONIGHT DESPITE THE TRANSFER MAKING REAL PROGRESS

FlapR

Absolutely shocking that this still hasn't been sorted, what on earth are they fecking doing.

SuperiorXI

Absolutely shocking that this still hasn't been sorted, what on earth are they fecking doing.
Eddie is going round the drive through, offering a happy meal in ad ons, getting refused, then going round again to get another one.

Sporting can't continue to turn down happy meals.

AaronRedDevil

I don't want to alarm you guys. But I think it's close. Not sure how close, but it's close. Closer than it's ever been close before in the summer. It's really close.

poleglass red

amateurish from both clubs, they want to sell we want to buy, ffs sort it out. No-one is holding all the cards here, they have a player they want to sell, we are the only club legitimately interested. There will be a Jan price, we know that, but if his club aren't too greedy and we aren't too unrealistic in our valuation, this shouldn't be this difficult. A positive signing like this will give the whole club a lift.

Dan_F

The only thing this transfer saga is missing is some fake Spanish lawyers turnings up, claiming to be representing us.

RUCK4444

I don't want to alarm you guys. But I think it's close. Not sure how close, but it's close. Closer than it's ever been close before in the summer. It's really close.
Closer than close, closer than you ever could imagine

He’s packed his bags, sunscreen, beach towel, the lot. He will cry after the game I’m sure

Paddymcc

Watching the game and Sporting can hardly string 2 passes together. He'll fit right in.

SER19

This deal should have happened 6 months ago. Pretty much every armchair fan here knew we needed it or another player in same position. We also said this when lukaku went about being light up top.

Woodward, almost completely is to blame for us looking at a run to April with martial and an 18 year old as the only options across 4 competitions. And Fred pereira and matic as the midfield options.

Anybody that doesn't recognise this is simply looking to load blame elsewhere. He has cheated us of being remotely competitive

Status
Not open for further replies.