Bruno Fernandes | United not interested due to doubts over passing ability

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddev3

watch the penalty felix just won at 19 in la liga and that is why he is worth so much more than Bruno.

Enfant terrible

Just watching the game against Braga. He does his share of defensive work, also runs a lot and looks very passionate. Oh, and he scored. Could see it work out

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Then people wonder why his pass percentage is “low”.

Did you guys see this game? This team is absolute and utter garbage. Man of the match today and a sweet goal. Thank you United for not getting him.

SportingCP96

Supports
“30M” :lol:

Wins the ball back from the opposition , beats his man and then finished it off with a brilliant finish.

Without him we are a 7th place team. He has no quality around him and has to do it almost all by himself.

Redcy

Yeah definitely no good at pressing is he? Fact is we were not spending any more money this summer, woody had to make it look like we might. We are now relying on Pereira and McTominay

P4rthen0n

Supports
Benfica
watch the penalty felix just won at 19 in la liga and that is why he is worth so much more than Bruno.
I get what you're saying, but it is so unfortunate that people keep bringing up João Félix comparisons with Bruno Fernandes.

I mean João Félix at 19 is on a career path to possibly become a top3 player in the world. He's on another level. You can just see João Félix has it.

It's so unfair to compare them like that. Bruno is really a very good player. I don't know about Utd, but he would do well in a bigger league. Don't be fooled by that "poor passing" scouting report.

Last edited by a moderator:

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Then people wonder why his pass percentage is “low”.

Did you guys see this game? This team is absolute and utter garbage. Man of the match today and a sweet goal. Thank you United for not getting him.
He was not even near man of the match. Wendel, Coates and Renan were easily better. Great goal but was poor otherwise, same as the past few games.

He’s very good but teams did the smart thing by not paying 70 million for him.

SportingCP96

Supports
He was not even near man of the match. Wendel, Coates and Renan were easily better. Great goal but was poor otherwise, same as the past few games.

Outfield player wise I think he was the best on the pitch. Renan was easily the reason we won the game as he made many amazing saves.

Wendel had a good game but Bruno Fernandes was the decisive player on the pitch.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
He is not 70m worth guys. We did the right thing by not paying him over the odds.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

I have to agree with this assessment. I didn't think he was the best player on the pitch but he is very direct and decisive. £70m could be better spent elsewhere IMO.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
This was sportings fault really. If they took 50m that would have been a fair price, but the Felix deal made them see $$$ and thought they'd get more.

Oh well maybe next year.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Anyone who really thinks we said no because he looses possession wants their head looking at, Ole literally said after the Chelsea game he doesn't care if Pogba lost the ball (because of the style of player he is) so I dont see why that would be a reason for us saying no to Fernandes

SportingCP96

Supports
He's 19 with all time great potential
We are not talking about his potential. He has the potential to be one of the best players in the world. All time great? still too early to tell its not as clear as say an Mbappe but that's not the point.

At the time of the transfer he had 6 months of professional football under his belt in the Portuguese league with no European football played bar 1 Europa League game. He also was not the best player in his league last season (HE has the higher ceiling undoubtedly).

So was he worth 120M? absolutely not. Is he a great talent though? yes obviously I have said it many times and I was the first to make a thread on him in this forum highlighting my admiration for his talent.

Mbappe did much more and looked/looks a better player and was "worth" his fee because he has the potential to truly be an all time great. Felix we dont know about all time but he will be/could be a brilliant player that much is certain.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
We are not talking about his potential. He has the potential to be one of the best players in the world. All time great? still too early to tell its not as clear as say an Mbappe but that's not the point.

At the time of the transfer he had 6 months of professional football under his belt in the Portuguese league with no European football played bar 1 Europa League game. He also was not the best player in his league last season (HE has the higher ceiling undoubtedly).

So was he worth 120M? absolutely not. Is he a great talent though? yes obviously I have said it many times and I was the first to make a thread on him in this forum highlighting my admiration for his talent.

Mbappe did much more and looked/looks a better player and was "worth" his fee because he has the potential to truly be an all time great. Felix we dont know about all time but he will be/could be a brilliant player that much is certain.
This is the market. Potential is more valuable than ever

Atletico Madrid will pay that much for him now because they can't sign him once he becomes worth 120m in actual ability, and they bank on the fact he will be worth much more than that down the line

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I'm not sure if he'd have been a sensible purchase for United.
He looks talented, don't get me wrong.
It's just that we're still trying to figure out how to get Fred up and running, we don't need another player from a lesser league coming into the squad and struggling.
If he'd have cost 15/20 million, then maybe it would've been a different story, but we can't afford to pay 70/80 million on players from the Portuguese league.

Adam-Utd

Maybe, just maybe we don't want him blocking Gomes path into the first team? If we see him as our number 10 within a season then i'm happy we made the decision.

It seems Lingard/Pereira will do the job fine for now in terms of pressing and working hard from the front like Ole wants.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Anyone who really thinks we said no because he looses possession wants their head looking at, Ole literally said after the Chelsea game he doesn't care if Pogba lost the ball (because of the style of player he is) so I dont see why that would be a reason for us saying no to Fernandes
It's a very odd thing for Ole to say

Pass completion? If it's 75%, he'd fit right in here.....
We don't want players who will fit in that sense

NJM78

Maybe, just maybe we don't want him blocking Gomes path into the first team? If we see him as our number 10 within a season then i'm happy we made the decision.

It seems Lingard/Pereira will do the job fine for now in terms of pressing and working hard from the front like Ole wants.
Bloody slow, plodding, weak as a kittens fart Mata is currently stopping him getting on the bench. Fernandes would walk into our current midfield, price was obviously too high though. Yes I want Gomes to make it but I don't see him getting a sniff in first team unless a lot of injuries.

Adam-Utd

Bloody slow, plodding, weak as a kittens fart Mata is currently stopping him getting on the bench. Fernandes would walk into our current midfield, price was obviously too high though. Yes I want Gomes to make it but I don't see him getting a sniff in first team unless a lot of injuries.
I think mata is having 1 last year while Gomes breaks into the team, then he will take his place full time.

The only thing mata has over Gomes right now is an experienced finisher.

beingshe7don

Lingard hasn't been great at linking up the play between midfield and attack. Man.... if he had Felix releasing Rashford and Martial, we could have destroyed any team. Anyway, we still need that player. If Angel can prove to be that person, I'm fine with that.

beingshe7don

Yeah definitely no good at pressing is he? Fact is we were not spending any more money this summer, woody had to make it look like we might. We are now relying on Pereira and McTominay
McTominay offers us being a tenacious ball winning midfielder wheres Pereira just doesn't offer much I feel. He goes missing in 70% of the game and then picks an assist and then people forget how poor he was in majority of the game. I would move him on.

SportingCP96

Supports
Did feck all in terms of passing though.
As I said.... it was a horrible game from sporting and we should have lost... I was at the stadium.

You guys need to understand it is literally a 1 man team. The squad is deplorable to say the least the manger and his higher ups don’t trust each other and he was lucky to walk out of the game with a win.

He is a great passer and those numbers don’t tell the whole story. He is the only player capable of making a forward pass switching play and quick 1-2.

This team is horrific. It’s a shame when you compare our football to other teams in the league. I can’t wait for keizer to get sacked.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
As I said.... it was a horrible game from sporting and we should have lost... I was at the stadium.
It was a joke, since in this magnificent move he did everything but pass the ball (which seems to be the issue according to the press).

SportingCP96

Supports
It was a joke, since in this magnificent move he did everything but pass the ball (which seems to be the issue according to the press).
Oh sorry mate I didn't get that:lol:

Walters_19_MuFc

To be honest, he does seem a bit suspect with his passing, which would bode well in our current midfield, as McTominay and Pogba not the most consistent passers.

Having said that, you could have a player who makes 100/100 passes a game but creates next to nothing.

Adcuth

Hed have done better than Lingard tonight, whether his passing stats are good or not.

Jimmy_Bond

So people are gonna pour to this thread every time we drop points to say "we should have signed him, I told you so."

Again, the word "supporter" comes from the verb "support." A few around here would do well to look that word up, cos all I hear is gloating when we win and moaning when we lose or draw.

Never much "supporting."

beingshe7don

Hed have done better than Lingard tonight, whether his passing stats are good or not.
I think even Angel Gomes would have done better than Lingard. Lingard's been horseshit in preseason and he still gets picked. We lost a midfielder in Herrera and we should have brought in someone on loan at the very least.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Fantastic goal! Up 2-0 but my god we are horrible. I have no clue how we are not losing this game.
SCP96 -- why are you not on our matchday threads? So much self-loathing comments, you'll fit right in.

Or maybe it's just what footie hipsters do nowadays.

SportingCP96

Supports
SCP96 -- why are you not on our matchday threads? So much self-loathing comments, you'll fit right in.

Or maybe it's just what footie hipsters do nowadays.
Its horrible though Braga had 22 shots in our home stadium compared to our 10.... our keeper made 3 miraculous saves AND they hit the post. I mean I love it when my team wins even if they play bad but its so obvious to see it wont end well and I will let you know when the coach gets sacked because it will be very soon:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.