Bruno Fernandes | United not interested due to doubts over passing ability

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
What is woody doing? He's had all summer to wrap up deals and leaves it until now to get 3 over the line at once. Does he get a new budget to spend each month and was waiting for 1st of August? Maybe buy one tomorrow and then one on Thursday, spread it on the balance sheet.
If it’s end of the year like June 30 then that makes sense but not in a new physics fiscal year. Different months within a year don’t make much of a difference.

kirk buttercup

let's think about this for a second.

If we buy Maguire (which many seem to think is nailed on - but others suggest is still a way off) that is at least £80million
Bruno Fernandes (which many seem to think is nailed on - but others suggest there has been no bid received) will cost £65-£70 million.

Exchange deal - we pay £20 million and get Dybala for Lukaku.

That is a net spend in the region of £240million if nobody else is sold.

We are never going to get all 3.
We are buying everyone ! Woody is going to strut out like Connor McGregor first game of the season :lol:

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
If it’s end of the year like June 30 then that makes sense but not in a new physics fiscal year. Different months within a year don’t make much of a difference.
Just don't understand the delay in getting the transfers completed. Maybe with Dybala but not with Bruno and Harry, if it ends up we get them.

George The Best

Dybala and Fernandes would change our style of play. Crazy if we actually pull this off
Really can’t see us getting both. Just my opinion but I think we will try and get a fairly quick answer from Dybala. If he turns us down we will go hard (sorry muppets) for Bruno. If Dybala agrees to join I don’t think we will go for Bruno. Maguire and a CDM more important than having both Dybala and Bruno.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Just don't understand the delay in getting the transfers completed. Maybe with Dybala but not with Bruno and Harry, if it ends up we get them.
It’s Woody. We haggle over 5-10m until the last minute and then pay what they initially asked anyway. Makes no sense.

NJM78

Really can’t see us getting both. Just my opinion but I think we will try and get a fairly quick answer from Dybala. If he turns us down we will go hard (sorry muppets) for Bruno. If Dybala agrees to join I don’t think we will go for Bruno. Maguire and a CDM more important than having both Dybala and Bruno.
Who is the cdm, please don’t say Longstaff.

Tiber

Kermit warned me that the devil would tempt me with his corrupted gospel. Be gone from this place foul demon!

Yea, it is hard to see us getting both. The briefing against Fernandes seems troubling, but for the first time I'm starting to think we might pull it off. If we do? And get Maguire? It's the sort of summer we can use to finally start to build a new longterm foundation imo

DarkXaero

let's think about this for a second.

If we buy Maguire (which many seem to think is nailed on - but others suggest is still a way off) that is at least £80million
Bruno Fernandes (which many seem to think is nailed on - but others suggest there has been no bid received) will cost £65-£70 million.

Exchange deal - we pay £20 million and get Dybala for Lukaku.

That is a net spend in the region of £240million if nobody else is sold.

We are never going to get all 3.
And why isn't that possible? We were supposed to have a big spending window this summer, and so far we haven't. Obviously that changes if those 3 players come in.

Sparky Rhiwabon

I dont get it either. The quicket we sign the, then quicker the can get used to Oles's tactics and gel with the team faster.
I can understand us not signing them while we were halfway across the world but why didn't we wrap any deals up as soon as we got back and involve them in the Norway trip etc?

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Dybala and Fernandes would change our style of play. Crazy if we actually pull this off
Based on everything I know about them (which I freely admit largely comes from other caf posters) I'm struggling to see how they would both fit into the starting eleven without either a) Pogba going or b) one of them being played out of their position.

Tiber

Based on everything I know about them (which I freely admit largely comes from other caf posters) I'm struggling to see how they would both fit into the starting eleven without either a) Pogba going or b) one of them being played out of their position.
Let's face it: Pogba goes now or goes in 12 months. I'm fine with preparing for that early

mango_goal

the Fernandes deal is just clicbait !

Some publications secured a deal between Sporting and Manchester United that would only be revealed after the Super Cup, which will be played next Sunday in the Algarve.

Sporting have assured RTP that this news is "completely false" and looks forward to "even the Super Cup replicating identical rumors on the same channels." So far there is no proposal, let alone an agreement by Bruno Fernandes.

https://www.rtp.pt/noticias/1a-liga/sporting-nega-transferencia-de-bruno-fernandes_d1163650

George The Best

Who is the cdm, please don’t say Longstaff.
No idea mate, but he’s the only one we seem to have been linked with. Really don’t think it’s McTom’s best position but he’s been doing a good job there tbf. As long as it’s anyone but Matic I don’t mind.

George The Best

Kermit warned me that the devil would tempt me with his corrupted gospel. Be gone from this place foul demon!

Yea, it is hard to see us getting both. The briefing against Fernandes seems troubling, but for the first time I'm starting to think we might pull it off. If we do? And get Maguire? It's the sort of summer we can use to finally start to build a new longterm foundation imo
:lol:

Saw the white text too. Pull it off :lol:

Eric's Seagull

I can understand us not signing them while we were halfway across the world but why didn't we wrap any deals up as soon as we got back and involve them in the Norway trip etc?
I haven't got a clue. It would have been the most sensible to do when we got back. Too sensible for Woody it seems. Although I would have liked signings earlier I think we should at least get hem in to give them some minutes to gel with the team before the season starts.

NJM78

Dybala is forward, Fernandes is a CM.

Fernandes does a lot more defensive work and tackling than Pogba despite being more prolific. He would play right of a midfield three with Pogba left. That’s how I interpret by what I have seen of each player. Having a top CDM would be the cherry on the cake of course.

Of course I don’t know much about Fernandes besides watching extensive highlights and the nations cup this summer but I have watched Dybala dozens of times.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Dybala is forward, Fernandes is a CM.

Fernandes does a lot more defensive work and tackling than Pogba despite being more prolific. He would play right of a midfield three with Pogba left. That’s how I interpret by what I have seen of each player. Having a top CDM would be the cherry on the cake of course.

Of course I don’t know much about Fernandes besides watching extensive highlights and the nations cup this summer but I have watched Dybala dozens of times.
Dybala is a forward who, by all accounts I've read from Juve fans, is less effective when moved out wide (to RW, say).

So if you want to get the best out of Dybala, you play him centrally. Which is where fitting him, Bruno and Pogba into the same team becomes trickier as far as I can see.

ManchesterYoda

3 man midfield of McTominay, Pogba and Bruno. Dybala false 9 and 2 wide pacy attackers eg Martial and Greenwood

NJM78

No idea mate, but he’s the only one we seem to have been linked with. Really don’t think it’s McTom’s best position but he’s been doing a good job there tbf. As long as it’s anyone but Matic I don’t mind.
Yeah I’m also anyone but Matic. I just don’t have a strong feeling for Longstaff, if a James type fee fair enough but not a ridiculous amount like Newcastle are stating. I really wish we went for Kante when at Leicester. Anyway I think this season we could fudge it with Matic/Fred/Pereira/McT all covering but if we get top 4 we would need to spend big on a Veratti, Kante type signing.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
3 man midfield of McTominay, Pogba and Bruno. Dybala false 9 and 2 wide pacy attackers eg Martial and Greenwood
I think it's very unlikley Rashford wouldn't start ahead of Greenwood. At which point the question becomes "how well do Martial/Rashford do when played a RF?".

It might be fine but one would have hoped that if we were signing someone like Dybala it would be because we see somewhere for him to seamlessly slot into the side. Which for all I know we do, I'm just curious as to what it would be.

worldinmotion66

What is woody doing? He's had all summer to wrap up deals and leaves it until now to get 3 over the line at once. Does he get a new budget to spend each month and was waiting for 1st of August? Maybe buy one tomorrow and then one on Thursday, spread it on the balance sheet.
Probably saved a few million in wages.

NJM78

Dybala is a forward who, by all accounts I've read from Juve fans, is less effective when moved out wide (to RW, say).

So if you want to get the best out of Dybala, you play him centrally. Which is where fitting him, Bruno and Pogba into the same team becomes trickier as far as I can see.
Yeah I agree with the Juve fans but I think with a narrow front three interchanging he would do fine. You look at the majority of his goals from open play they are pretty equally shared centrally and coming in from the right.
To me it would be very similar to Mane Firminho Salah if we played Martial Rashford Dybala.

As for Pogba he predominantly plays left of a midfield whereas Bruno plays right, so personally I think it would be a perfect pairing or be it with a better DM than Matic behind them. Anyway just my thoughts but it would certainly put a dent in Lingards and Matas first team plans if Dybala was signed.

worldinmotion66

This would be my preference. Rashford/Dybala/Martial/Greenwood all interchangeable in a front three based on form and fitness.

4-2-3-1 also used in some games where this suits us.

red thru&thru

Just don't see it. English journalist have kept on dismissing this all summer basically. Whereas Dybala, we briefed the media we're in talks.

We genuinely must not be in for him, otherwise why the constant denials?

Zed 101

Out of the non-Maguire players we have been linked to this window I shall be most disappointed with Woodward if he fails to sign Fernandes, you can just see City buying him as Silva's replacement next season and us regretting it for the next 5+ years (as per the original Silva deal).

Phil

I want him more than Dybala, though obviously I want both. Am I crazy?

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Didn't Di Marzio or some other supposedly reliable journo claim the deal was done over a month back? Now it is close. So either we've decided to unagree the deal slightly or, perhaps surprisingly, journalists are full of shite.

Status
Not open for further replies.