Bruno Fernandes | United not interested due to doubts over passing ability

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Smith

How are there still stories coming out that we're in for him at this late stage if we're not? Also, could we be in for him please?

matt10000

How are there still stories coming out that we're in for him at this late stage if we're not? Also, could we be in for him please?
We want Christian Eriksen.
Spurs may not want to sell him to us
Spurs want Bruno Fernandes
We show interest in Bruno Fernandes
We say to Spurs if you sell us Christian Eriksen we will back off from Bruno Fernandes
Spurs agree

Everyone is happy!!

Or Spurs say no in which case we sign Bruno Fernandes instead
We are nearly as happy and spurs get to keep someone who wants to leave!!

This is just part of the game - we need more leverage in getting Eriksen and also need to hedge our bets as we don't want to end up with neither of them - makes complete sense to me

HD7

We say to Spurs if you sell us Christian Eriksen we will back off from Bruno Fernandes
Spurs agree

Everyone is happy!!

This is just part of the game - we need more leverage in getting Eriksen and also need to hedge our bets as we don't want to end up with neither of them - makes complete sense to me
Wondering Bruno or Eriksen, mates?
Who do you prefer at this stage and why ?

Mr Smith

Spurs agree

Everyone is happy!!

That is a dangerous fecking game to play with only a few days left in the window. We should pick the player we want and commit.

wr8_utd

:'(
Spurs agree

Everyone is happy!!

They won't be happy about this when they lose him for a free next year.

Jezpeza

That is a dangerous fecking game to play with only a few days left in the window. We should pick the player we want and commit.
Seems to be a pointless game as well. If we want Fernandes its actually a straightforward transfer and Sporting openly want to cash in. Its not like trying to tear AWB and Maguire away from teams who dont need to sell. Would be a much easier deal to strike which is why I’ve started to doubt we will sign him

wr8_utd

:'(
Seems to be a pointless game as well. If we want Fernandes its actually a straightforward transfer and Sporting openly want to cash in. Its not like trying to tear AWB and Maguire away from teams who dont need to sell. Would be a much easier deal to strike which is why I’ve started to doubt we will sign him
It would make far too much sense for us to sign him when we could just let Spurs have him, watch him do really well and then try sign him for 120m in 2 years.

Steven-UK

I just feel it in my bones... if we miss out on him we'll regret it.

However, with our luck, if he did come here he'd probably be crap anyway.
It's a strange one, isn't it. You just know if City or Liverpool bought somebody like Bruno he'd flourish, but with our track record over the last few years, we somehow just don't have the right set up, and it is difficult to put your finger on as to the reason why.

Ibi Dreams

Was there ever any actual credible evidence that we were interested in this guy? I know Di Marzio said a deal was close, but other than that?

matt10000

Spurs agree

Everyone is happy!!

If our first choice is Bruno then I would agree but if our first choice is Eriksen then this is exactly how we should be playing it.

MUFC OK

Rather have our own new toy in Fernandes than Eriksen, just have a feeling Levy will pull our pants down or waste time and pull the plug last min. That said, we scouted fernandes last year and didn't decide to go for him.

Bottom line: We need a midfielder.

ZeMario

It's a strange one, isn't it. You just know if City or Liverpool bought somebody like Bruno he'd flourish, but with our track record over the last few years, we somehow just don't have the right set up, and it is difficult to put your finger on as to the reason why.
No it’s not. The reason is our lack of a good cdm.

The Bloody-Nine

It's quite something that it's been almost done for about 3 weeks even though we're not interested.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner

Bruno Fernandes almost done to Utd
Please make the constant stream of bullshit stop. I've never seen anything like it. One absolutely nobody after another tweeting the same shite week after week after week.

joedirt87

these outlets think if they will it hard enough it might come into existence. Now all we need is fake portuguese reporters with obscene names to tweet that the deal is done.

Raulduke

Sporting are obviously using us to inflate the fee for Spurs, hence why Spurs are willing to flog us Eriksen :drool:

joedirt87

Imagine if we signed both this late? The place would explode :)

I am expecting neither by the way.
Sign both. Resume building the statue of Ed. Expecting Neither as well, though in some crazy situation that it happened we would have 3 weeks straight of the Pogba to leave rumors.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Sign both. Resume building the statue of Ed. Expecting Neither as well, though in some crazy situation that it happened we would have 3 weeks straight of the Pogba to leave rumors.
If we could sign two class players like that before Pogba goes then I'd be alright with that. Whether that is this Summer or the next he's gotta be very much odds on to go.

romufc

We are done for this window.

Expecting 2 more signings is unreasonable now. there is 2 days left.

Water Melon

I love the late deep muppetry season. It really is entertaining. In all seriousness, many thanks to all the posters who make the Caf what it is on these long frying summer days

ash_86

My take on this would be, Eriksen is our first priority. If we could strike a deal with levy for say 50-70m we would prefer that. Else we would just pay what ever Sporting is asking for Bruno and get him instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.