Bruno Guimarães | Newcastle United

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
There should be an appeal process for in match decisions. Especially red card ones

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Is this the guy who looks like a badly made waxwork of Casemiro, or is that the other cnut?

Stadjer

Can't believe more isn't being made of his rash behavior on the pitch..

An over rated thug, really should have been sent off last night, not the first time he's lost his head on the pitch.
Over rated? He is a very good midfielder

Oranges038

Disagree entirely about Colwill because that one wasn't even a foul, let alone violent conduct, but agree that Caicedo could easily have been sent off if VAR were in place. But while Caicedo's tackle was horribly mistimed, do you really think it was with malicious intent? Why would anyone go out of their way to try and hurt an opponent in the first minute of the game and risk playing the full 90 minutes a man down?

Bruno G on the other hand went full speed into Maatsen knowing exactly what he was doing. Looking at it live and especially in the replays it's obvious he was deliberately trying to hurt Maatsen because of how frustrated he was. They'd just conceded to a late sucker punch to equalize the game and Gallagher had just hacked him down with a tactical foul in midfield so for the last couple minutes of the game he was visibly rattled and out for 'revenge'.

Any player can commit the occasional 'horror tackle' as a result of misjudging the movement of the opposing player and/or the ball but Guimaraes is quickly building himself a reputation as a dirty thug and to me that's a whole lot worse. Good footballer, but a garbage fire of a human being.
Colwill knew exactly what he was doing.

Thiagoal

If he played for us, he’d be banned for over 50% of our games! Look at how refs treated Casemiro last season!

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs
Just watched the three incidents. Imo Caicedo's was a red, Colwill yellow and Guimaraes yellow. Bruno's been lucky in recent weeks not to see red though, probably a matter of time.

TheRedHearted

Is this the guy who looks like a badly made waxwork of Casemiro, or is that the other cnut?
That’s Almiron, Casemiro looks like a waxwork of Guimarães.
Guimarães-Casemiro- Almiron in levels if waxwork
Just watched the three incidents. Imo Caicedo's was a red, Colwill yellow and Guimaraes yellow. Bruno's been lucky in recent weeks not to see red though, probably a matter of time.
Idk man. Complete body check also with malicious intent.

Are refs allowed to watch games across all competitions and make a decision on which players should be warned pre match?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Can't believe more isn't being made of his rash behavior on the pitch..

An over rated thug, really should have been sent off last night, not the first time he's lost his head on the pitch.
I think his head was still spinning from this, poor guy.

Supports
Chelsea
Thing that probably saved Caicedo was that it was more a swipe down the leg than a plant and follow through.

Most annoying thing about the Guimaraes one was co commentator immediately having a go at Maatsen instead of condemning the challenge. Was like that the whole game. Have noticed an extreme Newcastle love in from the media and commentators for a while now, not sure what thats all about.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Thing that probably saved Caicedo was that it was more a swipe down the leg than a plant and follow through.

Most annoying thing about the Guimaraes one was co commentator immediately having a go at Maatsen instead of condemning the challenge. Was like that the whole game. Have noticed an extreme Newcastle love in from the media and commentators for a while now, not sure what thats all about.
Really? No idea?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

I think what saved Caicedo was no VAR being brutally honest.

antonyrightfoot

If there is one player I want us to sign is him. I have no issue with his “dirtyness” just like I didn’t have an issue with roy keane or Rooneys, if nothing else we need those kind of combative technical midfielders, yet people here believe he is overrated, I’m lost for words

L. Robert

Supports
Newcastle
Going by that logic Caicedo and Colwill should also have seen red.

He's a thorough gobshite, just for celebrating a block like it was a goal in front of the Chelsea fans and his penalty celebraton in the shòotout as well..
That end was Newcastle fans.

Mike Smalling

Man City had some proper psycopaths in their team back when they were shit, didn't they? Ben Thatcher, Michael Ball, Joey Barton, with Craig Bellamy joining just as they were getting decent. Fun bunch.

TheReligion

Abusive
He’s not worth anything in the range of 115m. That said Rice wasn’t worth his fee, nor Enzo or Caceido.

Seems you need over 100m to pick up a CM these days.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
If I were Newcastle I'd snap PSGs hands off for that sort of money.

He's really not that good a player, rarely affects the game.

Pes6Monster

No i know of Thatcher's attempted murder of Pedro Mendes, hence my reaction. That was right up there with Schumacher on Battiston, criminal
Schumacher's challenge was absolutely awful, but that's what it was, a challenge. Thatcher's was intended assault. You can see him line it up on the video.

Must be something to do with the surname Thatcher. Even the cider is complete shite.