Bruno the new Eric

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Let's be honest now, there's very little doubt now he's going to have an Eric Cantona like impact on this club :keano:

21 in May ;)

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I don't think he'll be anywhere near that effect (Eric came into a great team in the making and was crucial to us becoming the best in the country), but he's still come in and immediately improved us. He looks our best player by some distance. Shame we didn't buy him last summer.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
No. He’s the new Memphis. Scores against Watford and Brugge (worldies not penalties) and then starts to decline when his wife hates the weather and the constant demands of the English game get too much. Bruno Flopnandes.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Come on, he's gotta be better than Djemba-Djemba?

wolvored

He will be a very big player for us and buying quality alongside him or upfront is a must. He wont be as important as cantona as he was the catalyst that brought the next 20 years, but hopefully he can bring half as much and that will be great

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
He will be a very big player for us and buying quality alongside him or upfront is a must. He wont be as important as cantona as he was the catalyst that brought the next 20 years, but hopefully he can bring half as much and that will be great
No you misunderstand, Bruno will be that catalyst. I mean he's confirmed it already hasn't he? ;)

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Bruno has had an enormous effect of our play. Really elevated the team and it’s great to watch.

Good signing. Really good signing.

MUM

Loving Bruno and he is destined to create his own bit of United history, but in answer to your heading, there will only be one Eric,
I don't think Bruno could get his leg over the side advertisment!

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
He looks excellent so far. If we can just sign a couple more like him in the summer in the positions we need (Sancho) then our team could really be elevated and we could perhaps start to push on as a club back to where we ought to be. Too many false dawns in recent years though so I won't get too excited.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Let's be honest now, there's very little doubt now he's going to have an Eric Cantona like impact on this club :keano:

21 in May ;)
Posted at 13:0113:01

from the beeb text earlier: is that you (anon) charlenfan?

Get Involved

#bbcfootball or text 81111 (UK only)
SMS Message: You simply can't fault any of Ole's signings so far and just maybe, Bruno Fernandes might be his Eric Cantona moment... from Anon

Steady on now. Bruno is good but i don't think anybody will ever have the same impact Eric had. He walked in to the club and from day 1 thought he was the best thing about it.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Bruno needs to come out with those badass quotes. You can't be Cantona without quotes.

"Treat the ball like your wife, you need to caress and control under your feet". or something.

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
No. He’s the new Memphis. Scores against Watford and Brugge (worldies not penalties) and then starts to decline when his wife hates the weather and the constant demands of the English game get too much. Bruno Flopnandes.
You left out house break ins.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Hopefully it would be enough for Ole to start considering players outside Norway and the UK

UpWithRivers

Getting just a tad carried away. Teams will start adjusting and planning to contain him. That's when we will see how good he will be. Look how good James was at the start. Ok he was nowhere near Fernandes but a similar thing will happen where teams will start planning and analysing his game to stop him. If Leeds get promoted and he Kung foo kicks a fan Ill call him the new king though. :)

simplyared

What I like about him is his attitude. I reckon he really feels he's living the dream and the adrenalin rushes as soon as he puts the shirt on. Totally dedicated and a great signing! Wouldn't even attempt to compare him with Cantona though.

bsCallout

Steady on now. Bruno is good but i don't think anybody will ever have the same impact Eric had. He walked in to the club and from day 1 thought he was the best thing about it.

I'm guessing you are on about Bruno with the last sentence? My sentiments exactly.

TRUERED89

If he leads us to 4 PL's in 5 years then yea sure, until then don't make me :lol:..

Ibi Dreams

Getting just a tad carried away. Teams will start adjusting and planning to contain him. That's when we will see how good he will be. Look how good James was at the start. Ok he was nowhere near Fernandes but a similar thing will happen where teams will start planning and analysing his game to stop him. If Leeds get promoted and he Kung foo kicks a fan Ill call him the new king though. :)
I've never really believed this kind of line, though people say it all the time. It's not like Bruno is an unknown player, every team he comes up against will know about him and how dangerous he can be (based on his time at Sporting). The data is already there for teams to "figure him out", it already exists. Also, it never happened at Sporting, where he was consistently effective up until the end.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Can we not put immense pressure on our new players and be disappointed when they don't live up to our virtual expectations?

bonothom

Great player but why wasn't the deal done last summer? If it had we would be at least 10 points better off and comfortably top 4. Did they really think Pereira was good enough that we didn't need Fernandez?

Gator Nate

Bruno is Bruno. He looks to me like he's out there to play good football and have fun doing it, and whoever wants to come along for the ride is welcome to it.

During last night's game, he had a bad shot or pass or some such and got this look on his face like, "Crap, that didn't work." About half a second later, it vanished and he had a smile on as he went right back to work.

Chairman Steve

I refuse to get too carried away at this point. He has absolutely looked the business in his first month here but so did Angel di Maria. I’ve seen plenty of players at Utd and outside of Utd who start off brilliantly then fizzle out within the season or the next season.

And on the other foot, I’ve seen players who start off horribly but end up being fantastic.