Bt sport - Owen Hargreaves

The Purley King

what an insufferable prick he is.
He is a commentator with negligible tactical insight who has one adjective he uses in every sentence "exceptional".

I can't listen to that cnut any more.
It's bt sport on silent from now on. Please bt seeing as you have so many games just hire someone who isn't a complete fecking simpleton.
Oh yeah and sack Michael Owen whilst you are at it....

cyberman

Gerrard was terrible. He has one thought and if the presenter tries to steer the conversation in a new direction his first response is to drone on about his one thought.
We get it, Madrid are a better side!!!

Peanut Butter

I like Hargreaves, he understands the game well.

The rest of BT Sport are insufferable though.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Did he say that he thought we should have went for Keane instead of Lindelöf given he was sooo much cheaper?

Wasn't Lindelöf £31m and Keane £25m?

parkthebuslads

He's forever talking in very short, punchy and emotionless sentences. Like one or two others, I refuse to believe any meaningful percentage of viewers can stand him.

Mike09

Did he say that he thought we should have went for Keane instead of Lindelöf given he was sooo much cheaper?

Remember We also owned 25% of Keane's sell. That means Keane will cost around £18m

criticalanalysis

I thinkit was the other commentator cause I was surprised hearing that as well and was quite annoyed with the guy. Was basically making it out like we were getting dissected apart and was getting embarassed when in reality they dominated mostly pointless possession and were ahead from an offside goal. It wasn't even but we didn't look like conceding goal after goal anyways.

It's just the narrative pushing and 'oh it's the best team in the world so everything they do is completely measured and amazeballs'.

Mr Smith

One of several horrible pundits and co-commentators in the game. Really seems like there's a jobs for the boys situation in punditry these days, the guys that get the jobs offer very little insight and leave me wondering who it was that ever thought they'd be qualified for this.

spwd

I actually like his commentary. :nervous:
Wtf, completely agree with the op, first game of the season and I was fed up with the prat after 5 minutes, he's like a fecking robot that's preprogrammed to say fantastic/brilliant player/awesome every few minutes :houllier:

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Remember We also owned 25% of Keane's sell. That means Keane will cost around £18m
The media can't even get the £/€ right on deals, so I wouldn't say they're smart/unbiased enough to accurately figure out certain clauses.

@criticalanalysis I agree, obviously they were better than us, but the media tend to make their point and stick with it throughout the game regardless.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
We get that money either way so it can't really be deducted from the transfer sum.

MUFC OK

Feels like he writes his script the night before the game.

On the flip side I always find Mcmanaman to be quite fair, obviously hides his dislike for United fairly well. Gerrard putting Lingard and Martial in the same bracket was a bit of a joke, saying neither have proven themselves to date, as though Martial's first season didn't happen.

lilcurt

His facts may not be right in regards to price but his sentiment is spot on to be fair.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
His facts may not be right in regards to price but his sentiment is spot on to be fair.
Well not really, seems to me Mourinho wants a Terry/Carvalho partnership, Keane would have been a Terry type when we already have Bailly for that, from all the reports and assessments of Lindelöf he was supposed to be the Carvalho style CB.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.

I think that was the commentator on BT not Hargo

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
He called Carvajal underrated last night. :lol:

Can't stand his monotonous voice.

Member 90887

Yeah but we got the money from the 25% anyway, so by this logic you can say that Lindelöf costs us whatever he did minus the 25%. so all in all, there wasn't too much between the costs of the two players.

And what he failed to mention is that Lindelöf comes from a team that's used to playing the kind of opposition we play which is, opposition that sits back. Keane on the other hand comes from a team that's more used to sitting back, that plays more defensively than Benfica. it's not the thread for this so i'll leave it at that.

Tom Van Persie

No relation

This is what most pundits are going to be saying this season no matter how well Lindelof plays. The agenda is well and truly alive amongst the brexit pundits.

JoaquinJoaquin

I like Hargreaves, he understands the game well.

The rest of BT Sport are insufferable though.
I'd agree with this. For example, I enjoyed his insight into the role that Matic plays for us last night and you believe what he says in that aspect as he was a fecking good player himself when he was fit.

Gerrard is terrible. He even admitted he doesn't watch much other football aside from Liverpool games so what's the point of paying him lots of money to be a pundit?

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Feels like he writes his script the night before the game.

On the flip side I always find Mcmanaman to be quite fair, obviously hides his dislike for United fairly well. Gerrard putting Lingard and Martial in the same bracket was a bit of a joke, saying neither have proven themselves to date, as though Martial's first season didn't happen.
McManaman has gotten better at that, but he was very much a full-throttle ABU when he first started with BT. All guns blazing and shouting over everyone. The game against Palace in the Moyes season was hilarious. He was raging about the Palace red card. He just shouted over everyone about it half time. Humphreys tried to talk about other aspects of the first half, and McManaman wouldn't let it. You would think he was either a Palace fan, or he had his mortgage riding on a United loss. Then when the game restarted, BT superimposed a picture-in-picture of McManaman on the screen, just yelling the exact same thing he yelled at half time. His flustered red face in the corner of the screen, screeching about the red card and Ashley Young. Again. Why? And to who? Mental.

I remember it being a shocking dive from Ashley Young, but I also feel absolutely certain that McManaman would not have shown any sort of outrage about it if it was a Palace player who dived. He definitely wouldn't have been bellowing about it picture-in-picture in to the second half, guaranteed.

Whenever he's the pundit/co-com for a United game, I always hope our opponents have a huge decision go against them, just so Macca will flip his wig again.

EverReddy

Gerrard is terrible. He even admitted he doesn't watch much other football aside from Liverpool games so what's the point of paying him lots of money to be a pundit?
The moment when Stevie criticised Pogba for being too selfish "he was only thinking of himself there, personal glory rather than thinking of the team" (Or something very similar). Jesus H Christ

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
BT Sport's whole team are pretty rubbish in fairness. And I include the Ginger Prince in that assessment.

PeteManic

McManaman has gotten better at that, but he was very much a full-throttle ABU when he first started with BT. All guns blazing and shouting over everyone. The game against Palace in the Moyes season was hilarious. He was raging about the Palace red card. He just shouted over everyone about it half time. Humphreys tried to talk about other aspects of the first half, and McManaman wouldn't let it. You would think he was either a Palace fan, or he had his mortgage riding on a United loss. Then when the game restarted, BT superimposed a picture-in-picture of McManaman on the screen, just yelling the exact same thing he yelled at half time. His flustered red face in the corner of the screen, screeching about the red card and Ashley Young. Again. Why? And to who? Mental.

I remember it being a shocking dive from Ashley Young, but I also feel absolutely certain that McManaman would not have shown any sort of outrage about it if it was a Palace player who dived. He definitely wouldn't have been bellowing about it picture-in-picture in to the second half, guaranteed.

Whenever he's the pundit/co-com for a United game, I always hope our opponents have a huge decision go against them, just so Macca will flip his wig again.
I like McManaman. He is so laid back he is horizontal. Plus he is the epitome of the beauty of the Bosman. Get the chance to leave Liverpool. Head to Real Madrid. Win 2 CLs. Make mega bucks. No sweat. His podcast with Graham Hunter is fantastic.

Decomposing In Paris

By the same token we would have received 25% of Keane's fee, and that helped to balance the books with Lindelöf. Also, perhaps Everton got Keane for less that we would have.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Always sounds like he's out of breath during commentary. He talks in short bursts, does my fecking head in.

Oh, and everyone one is a terrific player. There has never been a team that he has commentated on that don't have 11 terrific players on the pitch.

Flying_Heckfish

Wtf, completely agree with the op, first game of the season and I was fed up with the prat after 5 minutes, he's like a fecking robot that's preprogrammed to say fantastic/brilliant player/awesome every few minutes :houllier:
He is awful... exactly as you said. His delivery is so robotic and offers 0 insight.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
BT Sport are better than Sky for as long as Sky have idiots like Merson, Thommo and the gang chatting absolute garbage.

Carragher and Neville are the closest thing to good analysts but I did like watching Gerrard on BT Sport cutting out any frivolous analysis and straight talking about United yesterday.

youngrell

He suffers from the same as Jamie Redknapp – can only talk in superlatives, which is fine if you're talking about one or two players, but when every player is exceptional (Hargreaves) or different class (Redknapp) it becomes pointless and annoying.