BT Sport

Okey

I'm finding most football pundits less and less worth listening to these days. I pride myself as a student of football and I find most of them utterly disappointing.

OldSchoolManc

Completely disgraceful post match coverage. Spent so long banging on about ‘that’ penalty, they had no time to cover the rest of the game.
shambles

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
I'm finding most football pundits less and less worth listening to these days. I pride myself as a student of football and I find most of them utterly disappointing.
They’re shite and just geared towards generating controversy. Perhaps it’s always been like this and I’m just older and more miserable now but I’m sure it didn’t used to be as bad and they used to actually discuss football.

Habs

Cant stand Jake, find him super awkward to watch and he just tries too hard to generate controversy and fit in with the guys on the panel.

Bojan11

They’re shite and just geared towards generating controversy. Perhaps it’s always been like this and I’m just older and more miserable now but I’m sure it didn’t used to be as bad and they used to actually discuss football.
Yeah bring back the days of Richard Keys.

NinjaFletch

Nah, it really is worse. It's very clear they all go in for this everyman down the pub angle and fancy themselves as fans where ‘not understanding’ is somehow deemed insight. You shouldn't need Peter Walton there to explain decisions, they should all know the laws, and you shouldn't need to be an ex player to talk about the game at the basic level they do. They're there because they should understand the game at a level we don’t. I’m genuinely starting to think managers might talk to their players about passion and desire and wanting it more, because the ex pros have feck all else to offer.

Compare it to any other sport‘s coverage and the banality of football coverage is really apparent.

Ludens the Red

Cant stand Jake, find him super awkward to watch and he just tries too hard to generate controversy and fit in with the guys on the panel.
Yup, he started his sentence just after the full time break by saying something along the lines of “we hate having to talk about var” and then proceeded to talk about var for ten mins. Southampton were 6-0 down before the red. There was absolutely no reason to make that the post match headline but yep it’s all about controversy and feeding into the anti var/Man Utd refs discussion with him and BT.
Last week we had an atrocious var actually decide the game against Sheff utd and it was spoken about less than today.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Yup, he started his sentence just after the full time break by saying something along the lines of “we hate having to talk about var” and then proceeded to talk about var for ten mins. Southampton were 6-0 down before the red. There was absolutely no reason to make that the post match headline but yep it’s all about controversy and feeding into the anti var/Man Utd refs discussion with him and BT.
Last week we had an atrocious var actually decide the game against Sheff utd and it was spoken about less than today.
Rio is getting just as bad, said the red “ruined the game” cmon it was 6-0 they were already dead :lol:

El Zoido

Completely disgraceful post match coverage. Spent so long banging on about ‘that’ penalty, they had no time to cover the rest of the game.
shambles
They showed one replay each of all our goals and about 35 replays from 19 different angles for the “disgraceful, game-ruining” penalty decision.

Glorio

VAR ruining the game isn't unique to tonight though, and it's been discussed to death already.
Especially considering the decisions had no bearing on the result (apart from GD)

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
They had me thinking every goal we scored had something wrong with it which caused me not to celebrate any of them hardly
The one where Martial made it 5-0 and Savage was desperate for it to be handball just so they had something to talk about was hilarious.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
BT and Sky just want games filled with controversary. They don't care much about the football being played just as long as there's controversial decisions for them to talk about after the game and throughout the week. VAR is perfect for them.

cyberman

BT and Sky just want games filled with controversary. They don't care much about the football being played just as long as there's controversial decisions for them to talk about after the game and throughout the week. VAR is perfect for them.
Sky are a lot better these days. BT actively ask you to tweet in and engage with them on social media.
Theyre the Talksport of television

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Disagree on lumping Sky in the same boat here. They have a few weak pundits, but their focus is more analytical and they have that critical mass of people who realise that the players can’t control the laws of the game, so they have to respond to them.