Bundesliga 2012/2013

Count Orduck

Isn't there some kind of pre-league or something odd? Almost like a "friendly" mini-league? Or am I plucking that out of thin air?

Blackwidow

Maybe you weren't going bonkers then http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DFB-Ligapokal
That stopped in 2007 or so.

Today there is a LigaTotal-Cup with four participants. In this year it is Hamburg, Bremen, Dortmund and Munich and it takes place on August 4th and 5th in Hamburg. At Saturday Hamburg plays Dortmund and Bremen plays Munich - and the winners meet Sunday.

A week later the DFB-Supercup takes place - usually between Champion and Cup Winner - if a club wins the double it is Bundesliga Champion and Cup winner against second. So it will be again a Dortmund vs Bayern on August 12th.

But nobody takes this matches to serious. (ok, Dortmund probably will do...)

Scrumpet

There are no words
I'm going to make an effort to watch more of the Bundesliga this coming season I think, and of course cheer on the caf's favourite German team.

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
I reckon Dortmund will find it harder to defend the title this year. They've lost Kagawa but gained Reus. Schieber will be a decent back-up, good on the ball, will fit their system. Hopefully Leitner will get some more playing time this season.

Mönchengladbach have lost Reus, Neustädter, Dante but have strengthen with Luuk de Jong, Dominguez, Xhaka, Mlapa.

Bayern with Mandzukic, Dante, Shaqiri, Pizarro.

Wolfsburg have signed everyone.

Maajid

Formerly Mad
I expect this to be a Bayern year again. Mandzukic is an excellent signing IMO - the right mix of talent and hard work. He has a real chance of becoming a regular, especially with Gomez having that operation.

Godfather

I reckon Dortmund will find it harder to defend the title this year. They've lost Kagawa but gained Reus. Schieber will be a decent back-up, good on the ball, will fit their system. Hopefully Leitner will get some more playing time this season.

Mönchengladbach have lost Reus, Neustädter, Dante but have strengthen with Luuk de Jong, Dominguez, Xhaka, Mlapa.

Bayern with Mandzukic, Dante, Shaqiri, Pizarro.

Wolfsburg have signed everyone.
Again? They are nuts.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Some of the guys in newbies were raving about Emre Can. How do you guys rate him?

Blackwidow

Some of the guys in newbies were raving about Emre Can. How do you guys rate him?
Pretty far for his 18 years and very promising. Van Gaal probably would throw him directly into the team - Heynckes only if he has to. He is on the step up and will get some time in the first team this year - but not as a regular. He is further than e.g. Mitchell Weiser (another one of the U17s of the U17-World-Cup that joined Bayern this year) who will probably still need a year more to get to the level but is promising, too.

Actually he is exactly the type that Bayern is missing in the midfield - only with too less experience. Even if he still could play U19 they let him play defender in the U23 constantly last year so he really is a player that can play an allround midfielder - and he is fast and dynamic, too.

Last weekend they played the Supercup between Dortmund and Bayern.

In the match (and in some test matches) a position rotation between all of the front four - but especially between Mandzukic, Müller and Robben was working really fine. You could not see that Mandzukic only is working with the other ones since three weeks - including the week with travelling to China. Müller and Robben seem to be back and Shaqiri showed to be a real good option.

NoLogo

Again? They are nuts.
Seems to be Magaths strategy throw as much shit as possible on the wall and see what sticks.

He has gotten a lot of stick from the press for that even at Schalke but it looks like he just doesn't give a feck.

On the topic of Emre Can. He is definitely a major talent and actually plays as a creative holding midfielder as his best position imo.

But he is quite versatile in that regard a bit like Alaba but I think Alaba will be first choice again when he comes back from injury, mainly due to the fact that he is left footed.

Will be interesting to follow his development non the less, especially if Bayern can't sign Martínez this season we might actually see him play in his favorite position for a few games.

Jaap

Line ups:

Weidenfeller - Kirch, Subotic, Hummels, Schmelzer - Kehl (c), Gündogan - Blaszczykowski, Reus, Großkreutz - Lewandowski

Subs:Langerak - Santana, Löwe - Perisic, Leitner, Götze - Schieber

Mielitz - Gebre Selassie, Sokratis, Prödl, Ignjovski - Fritz (c) - de Bruyne, Junuzovic, Hunt, Elia - Arnautovic

Subs: Wolf - Lukimya, Schmitz - Bargfrede - Füllkrug, Petersen

50th Bundesliga season to kick-off in 22 minutes - roughly 80,000 inside the Signal-Iduna-Stadium.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
that and he seems to be battling with Reus for the AM slot, the right wing Kuba seems to have nailed down now.

Jaap

Götze has had his injury problems and slowly being brought back into the team by Klopp - if he's fully fit, he will no doubt feature in their first eleven.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
How cool is this History of German football thing they're doing before the start of the game? They should do this in the premier league. Quality.

amolbhatia50k

Bah, finally I get around to watch Dortmund and Gotze doesn't play. Been wanting to see for really long because of all the hype but never got to doing so.

amolbhatia50k

He had to sit out most of the pre-season and probably isn't at 100% atm.

I still hope he'll get a good 30 minutes tonight.
Ah, okay. Looking forward to seeing more of him and Dortmund (and the German league in general) from now onwards.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Goal. Reus 1-0. Good finish.