Bundesliga 2016/17

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Barely forced Leverkusen's CMs to make a yellow-worthy offense, barely threated Leverkusen's goal, just a very poor game by Dortmund.

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
We deserve to lose this. Leverkusen defended us well and if necessary fouled us below their level. Our kids were shown their limitations today.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Well well, Sometimeskusen. That's not how you make a title race open, Dortmund :nono:

slig

Leave Klopp alone!!!
Supports
BVB 09
Shockingly bad performance from us today. We truly missed not only the opportunity to get closer to Bayern, no, the more important thing is that we dont get more distance to direct rivals for the CL spots. What a disappointment. Ok, it was clear we have to grow with all the new players, but some weakness today are unacceptable.

Sphaero

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
This game serves as great example why I did not see us as title candidate before the season and still not do so. All the talent and potential in the world is not going to save you if it is so agressively and throughoughly pressed out of you. Especially without the more seasoned players we signed in the Summer, we really struggle and miss the departed players the most vs. these kind of setups.

The team has (understandibly) still a lot of maturing to do.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Shockingly bad performance from us today. We truly missed not only the opportunity to get closer to Bayern, no, the more important thing is that we dont get more distance to direct rivals for the CL spots. What a disappointment. Ok, it was clear we have to grow with all the new players, but some weakness today are unacceptable.
Thinking of your comments oín the Bayern thread today, this result must be an instant karmic reaction :wenger:

Bole Top

Dortmund is still too naive to pose a serious threat to Bayern. if they played for another 90 minutes, I'd bet on Leverkusen to score their third and fourth goal sooner than Dortmund their first.

Aboutreika18

This game serves as great example why I did not see us as title candidate before the season and still not do so. All the talent and potential in the world is not going to save you if it is so agressively and throughoughly pressed out of you. Especially without the more seasoned players we signed in the Summer, we really struggle and miss the departed players the most vs. these kind of setups.

You kind of remind me of us around 2004-05 when he had the extremely young and talented Rooney and Ronaldo in our forward line but they were still raw and inconsistent.

It'll take your young attack a season or two to mature before they really shine.

Xivon

Supports
Bayern Munich

We don't look great as well though. Actually, we looked worse in some games. If the form from some players, especially Müller and Lewandowski, doesn't improve we will drop much more points.

Sphaero

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Bayern are league winners already
As if there was any doubt about that.

I dunno what people expected actually? We lost a complete axis in the Summer, a core that was the most important when we got pressured. It was absolutely certain that tere would be growing pains.

Schmidt´s game plan was actually really simple today: close down the center by all means necessary. That is also what Tuchel anticipated and tried to start (and changing it after 15 minutes) with three men in defense to make the game even wider. Problem is that for a three man defense to work on that level, you absolutely need at least one defender who is really comfortable with the ball on his feet and able to bypass the first pressing line with long range passing. That is why we never played this setup without Hummels last season. That is why we missed Bartra and Bender so badly today.

In order to take our entire midfield out of the game, Leverkusen also opened the wings for us. Last season we had Mkhitaryan and Reus on either wings to really punish that. Very complete players in their prime, being able to create danger from theire on their own with little support. Today we played there Dembele, Pulisic, Guerreiro or Mor. All immensively talented players, potential super stars even, but also player who come from places where they simply don´t know such pressing setups. I can´t blame them for making bad decisions there. They have to treat games like these as learning experiences to adapt their play style for the future.

Aki_United

As if there was any doubt about that.
Don't get me wrong, I'm a bvb supporter, too, buy was hoping for a little more thrill this season. Was not expecting to win it anyway, but it's already boring. Bundesliga is shite because of that.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
went to see how big is the gap between BVB and Bayern and saw that Schalke is last with 5 defeats from 5 games:eek:

Blackwidow

Don't get me wrong, I'm a bvb supporter, too, buy was hoping for a little more thrill this season. Was not expecting to win it anyway, but it's already boring. Bundesliga is shite because of that.
It is four points difference - and Bayern is not unbeatable this season. I do not really understand this interest only in the title race. That is just one aspect of the league.

went to see how big is the gap between BVB and Bayern and saw that Schalke is last with 5 defeats from 5 games:eek:
If you have the right "set of glasses" you only see the matches of the cup competitons and not the Bundesliga...

They play against Mönchengladbach tomorrow. Could be six matches with six losses then...
The five teams they met all had a good start in the season. But Gladbach did, too...

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
It is four points difference - and Bayern is not unbeatable this season. I do not really understand this interest only in the title race. That is just one aspect of the league.
Shouldn't be really hard to understand given that the Bundesliga hasn't had an interesting title race for 6 years now. There are obviously other things that make the league interesting but the race for the title is certainly the most interesting aspect.

fontaine

Ful Ful Ful Member Full Member Full Member
Can any German bro tell me how is Wendell doing in bundesliga? He had so much potential at Gremio.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Can any German bro tell me how is Wendell doing in bundesliga? He had so much potential at Gremio.
He's good as an allrounder, but nothing special. Simply doesn't offer enough going forward to play as a fullback for a bigger club than Leverkusen. At least that's my impression over the last 2 years.

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
One day somebody will tell what the point of Traore is. How can you put this useless hack onto the field ahead of Herrmann.

Xivon

Supports
Bayern Munich
Gladbach away is something else. I'm happy for Schalke though, I wouldn't have wanted a new discussion about the coach so early into the season.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I love Kampl. When he was at Salzburg playing on the right, with Mané on the left, I envisioned him eventually moving into the centre but I never expected him to play as deep as he does now; so effectively, too.

Happy to see Chicharito continue his good form as well.