Bundesliga 2016/17

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Man, we're weak. 1-2 after pen Mainz - Neuer would have saved that asleep.

:wenger: Ulreich just tried to make it 1-3 and possibly injured himself doing so.

Crossie

Supports
vibrant attacking football
Expect the false Borussia to comfortably beat us today. Sokratis injured, Bartra still out, Bender still struggling to find form after his injuries, Ginter struggling to find form without injuries, Reus to be rested to not risk an injury again, still noticeable difficulties to focus on football by many who were in the bus (including Bender + Ginter). 3-0 false Borussia.

Edit: Tuchel fields Reus who he wanted to give time to recover. Oh dear, Marco will hopefully play as short as possible.

Last edited:

Blackwidow

Fecking obvious pen against Lewa there, shit refereeing.
Lewa did not look well today - I do not mean just the play but the way he moved etc., his face and everything.

Alaba now out, too, probably with a muscle injury. The list is getting longer daily.

Yes, let a German club = the real Borussia win.

About the penalties - it is the 15th clear penalty not given this season (according to wahre Tabelle) - and they do not count the real soft ones.

And - Bremen turn the match and win 4:2... - Kruse cruising - The were 15th with 16 points halfway through the season - now they are on 42 points and rank 5/6/7 (depends how the real Borussia and Freiburg are playing) the table looks interesting...

Last edited:

Xivon

Supports
Bayern Munich
I don't think that was a pen. 1-0 Dortmund, who's the better side so far.

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I don't think that was a pen. 1-0 Dortmund, who's the better side so far.
It was outside the box and quite frankly not even a foul IMO (Dahoud goes only for the ball and hits it aswell).

Strobl now with a really nasty tackle (stretched leg into Sahin´s ankle) inside the box. That was a stonewall pen so nothing for Gladbach to complain about ovreall.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Looks like Sahin is injured yet again... poor lad.

First penalty was definitely a foul, terrible timing from Dahoud. The only question is whether or not it was inside (probably just outside).

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Commentator now arguing that the situation with Sahin was not a foul because Strobl hits the ball first :lol:

Strobl goes into the man with a stretched leg. It doesn´t fecking matter that he hits the ball first.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Commentator now arguing that the situation with Sahin was not a foul because Strobl hits the ball first :lol:

Strobl goes into the man with a stretched leg. It doesn´t fecking matter that he hits the ball first.
It's very kind of the sky guys to tell us their interpretation but not show us the angle in question. I guess close up face shots are too important..

arthurka

Max Kruse and Werder seem to have found form. Got all 4 today..

Now I hope Freiburg will win tomorrow to have a go at Europe.

Crossie

Supports
In other, more interesting news Freiburg won against Leverkusen. It cannot be stressed enough what a fantastic job Christian Streich is doing.

IMHO it's safe to say that Leverkusen won't have UEFA competitions next season and therefore some departures can be expected.

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
In other, more interesting news Freiburg won against Leverkusen. It cannot be stressed enough what a fantastic job Christian Streich is doing.

IMHO it's safe to say that Leverkusen won't have UEFA competitions next season and therefore some departures can be expected.
Manager is using some clever reverse psychology to keep them in the league. Told the players they can WIN relegation and since L´kusen never wins anything....

Crossie

Supports
First SF tonight (20:45 CET): Gladbach - Frankfurt.

Gladbach is missing half a dozen players, including their most important one Raffael. Frankfurt is missing four players. Both teams haven't played a Cup SF for some time (Gladbach's last SF in '11/12, Frankfurt's in '06/07).

Gladbach fans prepared a big choreo with a 3,000 squaremeter large banner - which the cleaning service in the stadium damaged to an extent that it seems to be impossible to use it.

Second SF tomorrow (20:45 CET): Bayern - Dortmund. Nuff said. :boring::boring:

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
Equalizer had a light smack of offside - @RW2 will not be amused. I think the stretched leg of one defender might have played Hofmann on though.

RW2

Supports
Eintracht Frankfurt
Equalizer had a light smack of offside - @RW2 will not be amused. I think the stretched leg of one defender might have played Hofmann on though.
One of those where he's half onside half offside . . . BM didn't deserve that.

It was the only time in the first half I saw them inside the Eintracht box.

Frankfurt's inability to convert chances is a real frustration.

On a second thought. . . Always feel it's very unfair that any team should be given home advantage in a Semi Final

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
LOL at Gladbach expecting penalties from Aytekin for half fouls and flops. Who do they think they are? Barcelona.

RW2

Supports
Eintracht Frankfurt
LOL at Gladbach expecting penalties from Aytekin for half fouls and flops. Who do they think they are? Barcelona.
Yep . . About four or five of them now.

This is what has happened with Ayetkin. . . His reputation is stained.

In fairness to him though, he's had a good game tonight considering the meltdown he had in Barcelona.

RW2

Supports
Eintracht Frankfurt
Heading for pens now.

Don't fancy Eintracht's chances. We've missed FOUR this season including one against Mönchengladbach last month.
EF do have one ace. . . Hradecky.

But with home advantage for BM and no real pen takers for EF. . . .I'm not confident.

This will the third pen shootout in the Cup this year for EF. . Just watching there. . .Hilarious dive by BM virtually IDENTICAL to the pen won by Suarez.
Ayetkin waved play on. . .:lol: