Bundesliga 2017/18

Uniquim

14 games since the last time Frankfurt beat Bayern. They lost 11 of those 14 games. Now they win the cup final. They also lost a cup final against Bayern in 2006.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Not sure Boateng actually made contact even if there was a swipe.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
What a finish! Bayern robbed though, that was a clear penalty. I think maybe the referee was awarding the advantage with Wagner's shot because that was a clear chance.

What a moment for Frankfurt and Kovac though. Great story for the BL, sad end for Heynkes though.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Game of the year for me. Unbelievable entertientert.

Chiken138

Supports
FC Bayern München
VAR says penalty and the ref says no penalty.

Fire this ref

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
What a finish! Bayern robbed though, that was a clear penalty. I think maybe the referee was awarding the advantage with Wagner's shot because that was a clear chance.

What a moment for Frankfurt and Kovac though. Great story for the BL, sad end for Heynkes though.
If that was the case he wouldn't have to review the situation. On TV you could also see that he was watchign a loop of the contact and not the shot taken after.

Chelsea shock United, Frankfurt shock Bayern.

Watch out Madrid :lol:
Not sure I would equate Frankfurt beating Bayern to Chelsea beating United.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
If that was the case he wouldn't have to review the situation. On TV you could also see that he was watchign a loop of the contact and not the shot taken after.

Not sure I would equate Frankfurt beating Bayern to Chelsea beating United.
Maybe, I'm just trying to make sense of why he didn't give a penalty because it was clear as you can get :p

And Chelsea's win isn't nearly the same as Frankfurt's win but it was a shock non the less given how they performed in the league.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Maybe, I'm just trying to make sense of why he didn't give a penalty because it was clear as you can get :p

And Chelsea's win isn't nearly the same as Frankfurt's win but it was a shock non the less given how they performed in the league.
It was clear that there was contact, but I don't think that kind fo contact would cause Martinez to just collapse like he did. So I think he didn't give the penalty, because he went down too easily. That being said I would've given it.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Apparently (German commentator) Bayern are the first team to disrespect their opponents by leaving the pitch before the handing over of the cup.

Abizzz

Var or no Var the DfB referees are just atrocious. They've been horrible for years and nothing will change about it until they turn pro and there's a major shake up in German football. The amount of mistakes they make week in week out is laughable to anyone who also watches La Liga and the Prem.

That was a penalty all day long, just like Riese should have gotten a red yesterday (in a different match in Germany also assisted by VAR).

I just hope none of our refs will be used in the latter stages of the world cup, it would be bound to become embarrassing.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Refereeing obviously has a lot of room for improvement, but I don't think it's as bad/one sided as you make it out to be English referees have made a proper mess of VAR and I've seen plenty of atrocious decisions in international competitions and most matches in Germany see decent refereeing, especially after VAR.

German TV showed some waiters(?!) armed with 5l beer glasses for customary beer showers, but apparently the heartless DFB has forbidden this emotional tradition?!

Last edited:

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Apparently (German commentator) Bayern are the first team to disrespect their opponents by leaving the pitch before the handing over of the cup.
That's sad and embarrassing. No matter what happened before, that shouldn't happen.

Cpt.Here

Supports
Bayern Munich
I could feel Bayerns loss from the first minute on. I don't even care if it was a penalty or not. They did way to little to beat Frankurt.

1-4 against Stuttgart at home on Heynckes' last Bundesliga game and now this. Heynckes gave this team so much in the last 8 months and thats how they honor his work. This team is just a disgrace, seriously. Nothing has changed. Bayern always needs a dramatic defeat to find enough motivation to win a bigger title than the Bundesliga ('99 United, '12 Chelsea, Dortmund). Today they don't even care about the German cup final and the fact that it would be the last game for Heynckes ever.

There was enough individual quality in this team to reach the Champions League final this season or to win easily against an average Bundesliga club (Frankfurt) if they want to. However they didn't. Bayern missed to give this team new inspiration like van Gaal did in 2009. Instead they extended Riberys and Robbens contract. They don't want to sell Lewandowski who obviously wants to leave the club and play for Real Madrid (or PSG maybe). Hummels and Boateng are getting weaker with every season. Süle was Bayerns best defender this season if you ask me. Müller is overrated since two years. A man with this standing should show much more in a final like today.
There will be a lot of fun in the next season.

Last edited by a moderator:

dbs235

Sounds like the most typical Bayern thing ever, cnuts.

Kostur

海尔的老板
At least Kovac won't have it difficult to get into the Bayern's dressing room next year as some kind of a failure who's lost 5 or 6 nil against them in the Pokal final.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Considering the circumstances it's an okay move imo. Frankfurt disrespected Heynckes in a way that no one should be disrespected - making jokes about his age and implying he'd die soon - that's distasteful enough to not pay any respect to that club.
Also, please google Hoyzer and Zwayer. It's simply shocking that this referee is allowed to work. I mean, it's known he gave adventages in exchange for money. That's no speculation.

You should learn when to talk and when to inform yourself first.
He can talk whenever he wants to. And I'd go as far as to say, that he is completely right. Frankfurt did nothing wrong. They played a fair game and won it. It's a matter of class and respect, to congratulate them in an appropriate manner. Leaving the pitch before they got their trophy is incredibly petty and disrespectful. They weren't protesting the ref or a banner from the fans they most likely didn't even see, they were refusing their victorious opponent the applause they deserved. As a fan, I'm embarrassed by that behaviour and hope they apologize.

RW2

Supports
Eintracht Frankfurt
YEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

Bayern have been lucky with referees in a few of their past finals, but now that one call goes against them it's a huge conspiracy?

Conspiracy by whom even? Did Frankfurt of all clubs buy a ref? Did some betting fraudster choose to manipulate one of the most high profile matches in German football of all games?

Zwayer obviously got off too lightly, but that was 12 years ago and there hasn't been anything since.

Last edited:

arthurka

Bayern leaving the stadium before Frankfurt got handed the trophy says it all. . Congratz Frankfurt it was well deserved ..

Kasper

Supports
Sure he can do whatever he wants, doesn't make it less stupid though. This final, refereed by a ref who has demonstrably accepted money for wrong decisions before & covered up his colleagues dirty fraud business, is worth nothing. It was solely decided by Zwayer, not by Frankfurt. Even regarding the 1:2 by Frankfurt: the VAR and the use the ref himself makes out of the video can go as far back as the last ball winning act, in other words, back to Boateng's very obvious (third this game) hand balll. Discussing too much about the penalty isn't worth the time, it's a blatant fraud. Everybody saw it, it's as clear as it can get. Thing is, many people are happy now - that's why nothing will be done. The sport, the ref and Frankfurt lost a lot of credibility yesterday.

https://www.zeit.de/sport/2014-12/felix-zwayer-urteil-dfb-hoyzer-schiedsrichter

Nothing was done, nothing will be done. Sometimes german fans are being arrogant about Juventus, the seria A in general, betting scandals and what not. We're just better at covering it up and letting things just go by.
:lol::lol::lol:
So much salt.

As for the players walking off before Frankfurt got their trophy - not surprised by such a classless club with barely any likeable players.

Kasper

Supports
clowns like you who assume things are the reason why nothing will be done against refs like Zwayer, it's pretty sad to witness such ignorance to be honest. Just because it fits your cause. Mainly, people like you have never set a foot on the pitch themselves or done any sport above second grade level. It's because you can't identify with the athletes who were fecked by the ref.
Also, no need to post this bullshit twice.
Maybe, but my dad would kick your dads ass!

belanglos

Supports
Bayern München
Sandro Wagner threw his medal from the DFB-Pokal into the crowd.

I'm not allowed to add links here, so you have to google yourself. someone even posted on twitter that he caught it :p

really hope he gets sacked during summer and we find a new backup for lewandowski.

Last edited:

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
@do.ob
it wasn't one, but 2 clear calls that Zwayer decided wrong.
Thing is, this wasn't an ingame decision (which you are refering to) which, as the nature of the game is pretty fast, was seen wrong many times. VAR was created to help the sport, to give crediblity and correct decision making on a technological basis to enforce rules. Making the game more just. In this case, we have a VAR who decides to show scenes to Zwayer, who then proceeds to completely disregard everything the rulebook says in the 94th minute case, while I agree that the hand ball is at least debatable. But surely after seeing the scene many times in slowmo, it's pretty clear how Boateng's arm is used willingly to stop the ball so he can start the counter. He was given clear scenes, clear angles, clear proof of said scenes which show the wrongdoing of Boateng - and decided against it. It's almost as if he decided to overrule the goal line technology. His decision making is not comprehensibly and it's as fishy as it gets if a ref like Zwayer does that, who's known for game manipulation. This win was not earned, it was given.
It's completely correct to award the 2:1. It was a 50/50 hand ball even in the most Bavarian tinted glasses and 50/50 is not enough to overturn a goal. And the 4th official in exhibit one has as good a look as any VAR could give him. Sometimes refs let the pressure of the occasion get to them. They don't send off Ribery even though they were standing behind his shoulder trying to pull his arm out of Castro's eye, they perhaps reason that the penalty wasn't 100% clear because Martinez get's hit on his left foot, but collapses his right leg. It happens. Often.

Laurentiu amt

It doesn't matter what the ref did, the Frankfurt players still worked their @sses off. Even if it was set for the ref to help them(IF, huge IF), the players wouldn't know that, it's not their fault.

The Bayern players should've respected the opposition.

Having lived in .DE for quite a while I can certainly say that Bayern are quite a classless club at times, that's well known.

RW2

Supports
Eintracht Frankfurt
What a memorable occasion it was to be a Frankfurt fan. Could barely watch the final moments. Ante Rebic was just outstanding. We needed him to be. When Hummels hit the bar I felt that this was going to be Frankfurt's night. The penalty decision, I've seen them given and I've also seen them not given. . . . But Gacinovic, wow, what an ending. There really were people on the pitch thinking it was all over.

Kovac leaves for Bayern having done a very good job. The manner of his departure will be forgotten after last night and every Frankfurt fan will be appreciative of the job he has done.

Regarding User 72192 moaning about the referee. . . I've lost count of the amount of times Frankfurt have been robbed by a Bayern supporting ref. . . As recently as December in Frankfurt.

So too bad.

RW2

Supports
Eintracht Frankfurt
@do.ob
it wasn't one, but 2 clear calls that Zwayer decided wrong.
You can legitimately moan about the penalty decision, but that's it. Don't make me laugh on the so called "handball" from Boateng.