Bundesliga 2018/19

uamini

Supports
Herta BSC
Gladbach is so weird, winning 12 home games in a row and following that up with 3 home losses with an aggregated score of 1-11.

That's how you end up throwing away that 4th CL spot.

Blackwidow

Dear Café, if you ever wanted to know what it's like to sit next to random fellow Bayern fans in the Arena... :)
I have never seen Bayern having an xG of 5.95... They even could have won with more. Lewy right now just needs too many chances...

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Müller had a game almost as in his best times. Lewandowski profited a lot from him too, he should have scored two more from Müller's assists. We still got goals from these scenes with the corner for the 1-0 and Gnabry's tap-in for the 3-1.

finneh

Do Bayern fans think the close title race this year will push the board into some heavy Summer investment?

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Do Bayern fans think the close title race this year will push the board into some heavy Summer investment?
Well, they already said that they were going to invest heavily this summer, so: yes. €200m wouldn’t surprise me.

HerrLeinad

Supports
Bayern München
Maybe in overall, behind-the-scenes transfer cost, not face value.
Why not? In 17/18 we invested around 115m € in "face value" for Tolisso, Coman, Süle and so on and that wasn't a huge attack on the transfer market. In 07/08 when Ribery, Klose, Luca Toni etc. were bought we invested 93m € and our income has more than trippled(!) since then.
I absolutely think we could easily see a ~200m transfer window. It of course depends on who is actually available but I have no doubt that KHR and UH will go all out this time (and their recent statements regarding transfers make this pretty clear).

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
€40m, €85m, €30m, €65m
There's no way you'll get those plaers for these sums. Maybe Werner since he has only one year left on his contract but you can add 20-30 million on Hudson Odoi and Havertz.

Doesn't look too good for Bayern, honestly. I mean, even if you would get those four I'm not sure that they'll elevate you on the level you aim for again. Havertz is outstanding but still only 19 years old, you simply can't build a team with the goal of winning the CL around such a young player. Hudson Odoi is 18 and less proven which is even more extreme. Werner is a good player but I don't think he'll reach Lewandowski heights as a striker and I'm fully convinced he'll never be as good as Robben and Ribery as a winger. Hernandez is great though I don't think Bayern painfully needs a CB right now.

If anything, these signings will really pay out in 2-3 years. But if Bayern looks for immediate improvement, and I think this is the case, they need to buy different players.
Doesn't help that Madrid is in a similar situation though. You'll be competing with them for those top players which are available. Maybe you can grab some of their players (Isco? Bale? Marcelo? Asensio?) when they are unhappy with "being replaced".

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
There's no way you'll get those plaers for these sums. Maybe Werner since he has only one year left on his contract but you can add 20-30 million on Hudson Odoi and Havertz.

Doesn't look too good for Bayern, honestly. I mean, even if you would get those four I'm not sure that they'll elevate you on the level you aim for again. Havertz is outstanding but still only 19 years old, you simply can't build a team with the goal of winning the CL around such a young player. Hudson Odoi is 18 and less proven which is even more extreme. Werner is a good player but I don't think he'll reach Lewandowski heights as a striker and I'm fully convinced he'll never be as good as Robben and Ribery as a winger. Hernandez is great though I don't think Bayern painfully needs a CB right now.

If anything, these signings will really pay out in 2-3 years. But if Bayern looks for immediate improvement, and I think this is the case, they need to buy different players.
Doesn't help that Madrid is in a similar situation though. You'll be competing with them for those top players which are available. Maybe you can grab some of their players (Isco? Bale? Marcelo? Asensio?) when they are unhappy with "being replaced".
By Summer Odoi too will have 1yr left on his deal and 30M for him is fair market value for an 18yr old player who has barely started a league game. Harvetz for 65M is fair IMO, Bayer selling is a different matter though

In the market currently there are no immediate solutions available that will elevate us. I think Werner if bought will be used as a left winger to replace the always injured Coman.

Our CB situation one or both of Boateng and Hummels will leave and we need replacements

Isco, Bale Marcelo are players over the top, expensive in transfer fees and salary and won't make any difference. Madrid is poor right now and they cannot even get these players to help them

The wingers I think can help immediately will be Sane or Son and I dont think either of them will be sold

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
By Summer Odoi too will have 1yr left on his deal and 30M for him is fair market value for an 18yr old player who has barely started a league game. Harvetz for 65M is fair IMO, Bayer selling is a different matter though

In the market currently there are no immediate solutions available that will elevate us. I think Werner if bought will be used as a left winger to replace the always injured Coman.

Our CB situation one or both of Boateng and Hummels will leave and we need replacements

Isco, Bale Marcelo are players over the top, expensive in transfer fees and salary and won't make any difference. Madrid is poor right now and they cannot even get these players to help them

The wingers I think can help immediately will be Sane or Son and I dont think either of them will be sold
How on earth would 65m be a fair price? We are talking about the biggest German talent since Götze, arguably the best U20 player in the world right now. And the guy still has 3.5 years on his contract. For us, there's absoltely no reason to sell him at all since we can still do that in 1-2 years and would get even more than he is worth now - especially considering that there's an EC just around the corner that will also only increase his value. He also plays in a team in which he has many friends (especially Brandt), up until now has shown absolutely no sign of eagerness to leave and is a central part in a team that plays very exciting football since the new coach took over. There's not even the slightest pressure to let him go. Even if he'd be adamant on leaving for Bayern (what is most likely not the case since he already has made public that he's a Barca fan as a kid) like Dembele wanted to Barca we've got the strongest bargaining position. All this in times in which talents of his category move for fees of more than 100m. If anything, all these circumstances mean that you'd have to overpay to even tempt Völler into selling him. The best reference is probably Paul Pogba who plays in a similar position and has similar goal and assist stats. The guy arrived in Manchester with a 105 million price tag and he was quite a few years older than Havertz will be in the summer. I really can't see Havertz moving this summer at all but am 100% sure that if he does during the next 2 years it will be for a fee around or even comfortably above the 100m mark.

Hudson Odoi is a different story. Fewer years on the contract but Chelsea is a different beast. They are in no need of money, will probably earn a fortune with Hazard in the summer and are overall a club you can't bully around. They've already made it public that they don't want to sell Hudson Odoi und criticized Bayern's behaviour. Hardened fronts. Chelsea could also speculate that he'll change his mind if he gets more minutes in the upcoming season and take the risk of missing out on a transfer fee if he doesn't.

So the 4 players you listed will be much more expensive than 200 million and that's considered that you can get them in the first place which I don't see, personally. Your chances of signing Havertz in the summer are non-existent, IMO, for Hudson Odoi I see them at less than 50%. Werner and Hernandez are realistical, though. The weird thing however is that even though they are that expensive I think only Havertz would be an immediate squad improvement.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
Your chances of signing Havertz in the summer are non-existent, IMO, for Hudson Odoi I see them at less than 50%. Werner and Hernandez are realistical, though. The weird thing however is that even though they are that expensive I think only Havertz would be an immediate squad improvement.
If you fail to secure a Top 5 spot, they are *a lot* bigger than non-existent. There's a reason why our board still hasn't confirmed the transfer James.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
If you fail to secure a Top 5 spot, they are *a lot* bigger than non-existent. There's a reason why our board still hasn't confirmed the transfer James.
I'm sure your board would be very happy to sign Havertz. But even if we fail to place top 5 why should we sell him? He may want to leave, true, but he'll still have 3 years on his contract in the summer and no release clause. Not like he has documented any motivation to leave at this point at all, either. There's literally no argument that speaks for that move except the fact that you want him and that alone won't get you anywhere. For us it is a no brainer to not sell him and if we have to let players go, there are quite a few who'll be allowed to leave before him since they've been at the club for longer (Tah, Brandt and Bailey mainly). Some of those may even have release clauses in case we don't play at least EC. Especially Tah has hinted at something like that in the past. We won't sell more than one or two of our crown jewels at the same time.

Add to that the fact that every top club will be in for Havertz, that he won't want to risk his spot in the national team just one year before an EC, that you'll never paid a fee even remotely close to what we'll be demanding, that Völler avoids selling to you and Dortmund at all costs and that he already expressed his childhood dream to play for Barca one day, that you have more urgent vacancies to fill which will already cost you a fortune (wingers, FBs) and will find it much easier to sign James, I think you get quite a good picture of how likely this transfer is, even if we won't play internationally next season.

Last edited:

Vadim

I’m watching Bundesliga highlights now and am not surprised to see Dortmund seemingly feeling the pressure.

A question for you Bayern fans:

Do you get excited about winning the league these days? I know that must sound silly but I often wonder how you feel just winning league after league after league with no proper competition (apart from this season.)

I remember when Utd walked a few league titles back in the 90s and whilst it was great catching up with Liverpool’s title wins, it was never as exciting as when we were pushed until the last day.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
I’m watching Bundesliga highlights now and am not surprised to see Dortmund seemingly feeling the pressure.

Do you get excited about winning the league these days? I know that must sound silly but I often wonder how you feel just winning league after league after league with no proper competition (apart from this season.)

I remember when Utd walked a few league titles back in the 90s and whilst it was great catching up with Liverpool’s title wins, it was never as exciting as when we were pushed until the last day.
No Bayern Munich fan but i would rather win once the Bundesliga in "Hamburg style" or "Unterhaching style" than three times so boring.

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München

i'm much more excited following the *league* when it's tight, but i much more enjoyed attending the matches when we just squashed everyone Pep style no prisoners taken.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi

Just look at this forum. See how crazy we all got once we stopped winning titles? Winning league titles should never be taken for granted.

HerrLeinad

Supports
Bayern München
No Bayern Munich fan but i would rather win once the Bundesliga in "Hamburg style" or "Unterhaching style" than three times so boring.
It's like asking if winning a game ever gets boring. Does it become kind of the norm? Yes, just like we (Bayern) or United is (was) expected to win most of the games and yet you can still enjoy wins, some more, some less. I think we would enjoy this title more than the last ones considering the circumstances (coming back from a huge point gap and people starting to write us off).

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
Funny how some people thought Tuchel was a tactical genius and Bayern missed out on something great

This has surpassed the Anfield chokejob. 2 goal lead vs Man Utd youth team

Last edited:

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
Funny how some people thought Tuchel was a tactical genius and Bayern missed out on something great

This has surpassed the Anfield chokejob. 2 goal lead vs Man Utd youth team
I fail to see how such a freak accident debunks Tuchel as a coach who isn't worth shyte. PSG were by far the better team over two legs. Have them play that match 20 times, and PSG would come ahead about 19x. Tuchel is head and shoulders above Kovac or Ancelotti. (whether he would be a fit for FC Bayern is a different matter)

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
I fail to see how such a freak accident debunks Tuchel as a coach who isn't worth shyte. PSG were by far the better team over two legs. Have them play that match 20 times, and PSG would come ahead about 19x. Tuchel is head and shoulders above Kovac or Ancelotti. (whether he would be a fit for FC Bayern is a different matter)
The only reason PSG even made it to the 2nd round was that DiMaria scored a late(freak accident) goal vs Napoli after being outplayed the entire match

It doesn't take much for PSG to be better over 2 legs when Man Utd was missing many regulars. Tuchel has not shown anything to be considered a top coach in his entire career. He choked a 3-1 lead an Anfield(Another freak accident) choked a 2-0 home lead vs Man Utd youth
In his time at Dortmund was regularly bitchslapped by Guardiola one match ended 5-1 when he was playing a ridiculous Highline and Boateng was smashing with long balls over the midfield.
He is a shyte coach who thinks presenting simple concepts in complex terms makes him a great coach
PSG played 2nd Man Utd team, A midfield of McTominay, Fred and Perreira, With Dalot Chong and Greenwood as subs and De gea barely had saves to make, In Paris!!

In 2016/17 Ancelotti finished 18 points above Tuchel

Last edited:

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
The only reason PSG even made it to the 2nd round was that DiMaria scored a late(freak accident) goal vs Napoli after being outplayed the entire match

It doesn't take much for PSG to be better over 2 legs when Man Utd was missing many regulars. Tuchel has not shown anything to be considered a top coach in his entire career. He choked a 3-1 lead an Anfield(Another freak accident) choked a 2-0 home lead vs Man Utd youth
In his time at Dortmund was regularly bitchslapped by Guardiola one match ended 5-1 when he was playing a ridiculous Highline and Boateng was smashing with long balls over the midfield.
He is a shyte coach who thinks presenting simple concepts in complex terms makes him a great coach
PSG played 2nd Man Utd team, A midfield of McTominay, Fred and Perreira, With Dalot Chong and Greenwood as subs and De gea barely had saves to make, In Paris!!

In 2016/17 Ancelotti finished 18 points above Tuchel
I think you simply don't like tactical managers but those who keep it simple. Tuchel doesn't do that, that's true. He understands how complicated the sport is in truth. Interpreting this tie against him shows that you aren't really ocjective. His team outclassed United from a tactical stand point and went out because of things he had absolutely zero influence on.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Gnabry scores to take us to the top of the table. Perfect assist by finished old guy Müller.

2-0, James to Gnabry to Lewandowski.