Bundesliga 2018/19

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Yes and Leverkusen beat Gladbach 5:0 who beat Bayern - does that make us better than Munich?

He overachieved because he won the cup and had an incredible league season. The Dortmund squad was inferior at that time much worse than today's team. Yet he'd won the Bundesliga if it hadn't been for Guardiola.

You simply can't deduce the quality of a team based on their position in the league.

RW2

Supports
Eintracht Frankfurt
Blimey what's happened to the annual 8 week winter break? Playing two days before xmas?!:eek:
There was talk a few years back of having Bundesliga matches on a 26th December.

Nothing ever came of it but they're getting close.

RW2

Supports
Eintracht Frankfurt
Yes and Leverkusen beat Gladbach 5:0 who beat Bayern - does that make us better than Munich?

He overachieved because he won the cup and had an incredible league season. The Dortmund squad was inferior at that time much worse than today's team. Yet he'd won the Bundesliga if it hadn't been for Guardiola.

You simply can't deduce the quality of a team based on their position in the league.
IF your aunt had bollocks she'd be your uncle. . . . Tuchel didn't win the Bundesliga, and never will.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
IF your aunt had bollocks she'd be your uncle. . . . Tuchel didn't win the Bundesliga, and never will.
With the second best team in the league.

When Guardiola left the league he still didnt win the league he finished 3rd. He cannot lead PSG to playing decent vs Liverpool becase they were CL finalists, got outplayed by Napoli because Napoli were 2nd in Serie A last season despite having Neymar and Mbappe

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
You two really want him to be overrated don't you?

I'm not even a fan but IMO he's undeniably the at least second best German coach and comfortably among the world's top 15, probably higher.

Peter Silie

Supports
BVB
Downplaying Tuchels achievements with Mainz is just plain weird. I find it hard to not call it dishonest.

His performance in Dortmund was at least in line with expectations, if not higher. I watch every BVB game (well I skipped a couple Stöger matches, to be perfectly honest, it hurt). The second season under Tuchel was not always pretty but I never lost trust in him.

With the second best team in the league.

When Guardiola left the league he still didnt win the league he finished 3rd. He cannot lead PSG to playing decent vs Liverpool becase they were CL finalists, got outplayed by Napoli because Napoli were 2nd in Serie A last season despite having Neymar and Mbappe
Okay so...you acknowledge he didn't have the best team, but still trash him because he didn't win the league in just 2 years time? How many good german coaches are there following that definition?

Reactions: KM

TheCorkman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I've recently moved to Germany and just wondering what's the best way to watch football here? It seems to me that DAZN offers the best package for non-Bundesliga football....I've also been told that streaming matches in Germany is dangerous as people have gotten fines recently. So any advice would be appreciated.

Just in general also ; The price for football games here is ridiculously good. I knew it was cheap, but I'm still surprised. I have tickets to watch Dortmund in a few weeks and planning to watch Bayern, Hoffenheim, Frankfurt, Leipzig and Levurkusen while I'm here. Is there other teams I should add to that list?

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I've recently moved to Germany and just wondering what's the best way to watch football here? It seems to me that DAZN offers the best package for non-Bundesliga football....I've also been told that streaming matches in Germany is dangerous as people have gotten fines recently. So any advice would be appreciated.

Just in general also ; The price for football games here is ridiculously good. I knew it was cheap, but I'm still surprised. I have tickets to watch Dortmund in a few weeks and planning to watch Bayern, Hoffenheim, Frankfurt, Leipzig and Levurkusen while I'm here. Is there other teams I should add to that list?
Sky has the rights to like 90% of domestic games and the PL from next season on, if you want to buy a subscription you should absolutely look for a promotional deal though, since they are willing to sell their packages for like half the normal price. Something between roughly €20-25 (base + sport + bundesliga) is what you should be looking for. And then you have to cancel your subscription before the mandatory contract length expires and wait until they offer you a good deal again to keep that price.

Eurosport has the friday matches and a hand full of sunday kickoffs. Their price is €5 a month I believe. It's probably the worst €/match ratio, but if you understand German they have the best coverage (of the matches they have the rights to) by a mile, since they signed Matthias Sammer as a pundit and they just let him talk about football and analyze for like an hour every match.

So to get all the football Sky + DAZN + Eurosport will set you back about €40 a month. Can't tell you much about unoffical streams though.

Public broadcasters (ZDF/ARD) get one match each DFB Pokal round.

Dortmund and Bayern are obvious I guess.
Leverkusen, Leipzig and Hoffenheim are plastic clubs. You can go there for the football but the atmosphere will likely disappoint.
Schalke is the other way around, probably a great atmosphere for someone who is used to PL football but atrocious football at the moment.
Gladbach is somewhere in the middle, between good atmosphere and football.
Frankfurt are among the loudest fans and have a fairly spectacular run of form at the moment.
Bremen play nice attacking football and have a decent set of fans.
Stuttgart draw a fairly large crowd and given their current situation and tendency to get hammered under Weinzierl strong emotions seem to be guaranteed either way.

Peter Silie

Supports
BVB
Do you mean people have gotten fined for just watching? I'd love a source on this, never heard of that.

TheCorkman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Sky has the rights to like 90% of domestic games and the PL from next season on, if you want to buy a subscription you should absolutely look for a promotional deal though, since they are willing to sell their packages for like half the normal price. Something between roughly €20-25 (base + sport + bundesliga) is what you should be looking for. And then you have to cancel your subscription before the mandatory contract length expires and wait until they offer you a good deal again to keep that price.

Eurosport has the friday matches and a hand full of sunday kickoffs. Their price is €5 a month I believe. It's probably the worst €/match ratio, but if you understand German they have the best coverage (of the matches they have the rights to) by a mile, since they signed Matthias Sammer as a pundit and they just let him talk about football and analyze for like an hour every match.

So to get all the football Sky + DAZN + Eurosport will set you back about €40 a month. Can't tell you much about unoffical streams though.

Public broadcasters (ZDF/ARD) get one match each DFB Pokal round.

Dortmund and Bayern are obvious I guess.
Leverkusen, Leipzig and Hoffenheim are plastic clubs. You can go there for the football but the atmosphere will likely disappoint.
Schalke is the other way around, probably a great atmosphere for someone who is used to PL football but atrocious football at the moment.
Gladbach is somewhere in the middle, between good atmosphere and football.
Frankfurt are among the loudest fans and have a fairly spectacular run of form at the moment.
Bremen play nice attacking football and have a decent set of fans.
Stuttgart draw a fairly large crowd and given their current situation and tendency to get hammered under Weinzierl strong emotions seem to be guaranteed either way.
Thanks very much for that! Very clear.

Do you mean people have gotten fined for just watching? I'd love a source on this, never heard of that.
Just what I got told from colleagues at work.
So it is still safe to stream matches?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Reiss Nelson scored again, 60 seconds after coming on as sub.

RW2

Supports
Eintracht Frankfurt
Looking forward to Dortmund-Bayern.

Although early in the season you get the sense this could be a pivotal point.

Gonna go Dortmund to win substantially, 4-0.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Looking forward to Dortmund-Bayern.

Although early in the season you get the sense this could be a pivotal point.

Gonna go Dortmund to win substantially, 4-0.
No chance, they've had a mental block against Bayern in recent times. Can see it being 2-2.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Why's Alcacer not starting?
Yeah surprised. Haven't watched Dortmund as much as previous seasons but likes of Thomas Delaney, Pulisic and Gurrerio also on bench and they've all been regular starters.

Maybe Favre is thinking of keeping it level for an hour and then winning game in last half hour with some of those subs.

Seems odd to massively rotate now when they don't have a game for two weeks.

RW2

Supports
Eintracht Frankfurt
Nice of Marco Reus to do some tidying up for the Bayern defence with that back pass.

RW2

Supports
Eintracht Frankfurt
No big match is ever complete without a Lewandowski dive.