Bundesliga Gameweek 27 (COVID-19 discussion-free zone)

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

The next match day kicks off tonight with the Berlin derby; Cologne vs Düsseldorf and Gladbach vs Leverkusen are traditional local rivalries as well. The latter in particular has huge implications for the table, as both teams are seperated by just two points. Failing to win could basically end what's left of Gladbach's title hopes, whereas a loss for Leverkusen could see them drop four points behind the CL ranks.
Early on Sunday 2nd placed Hamburg also host leaders Bielefeld in the 2nd division, kicks off at the same time as the Schalke game and could easily turn out to be the more interesting match, given how dire Schalke's form has been in 2020.

pinging @Damien in case you want to create a seperate matchday thread again, as Bundesliga is still the only football on TV.

Last edited:

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
That's a bit harsh :)

Union plays a pretty negative brand of football though, it's rarely a spectacular sight.
Know how you remember video games from years ago as being ultra realistic, amazing graphics and gameplay, but replay them and they're shite? I think I got that with football, been so long I made up in my own head every game ever was amazing and end to end, goals galore, exciting. Forgot about the bland games. :lol:

uamini

Supports
Herta BSC
Know how you remember video games from years ago as being ultra realistic, amazing graphics and gameplay, but replay them and they're shite? I think I got that with football, been so long I made up in my own head every game ever was amazing and end to end, goals galore, exciting. Forgot about the bland games. :lol:
I reckon those empty stadium matches are a lot more fun to watch if you're emotionally invested in one of the teams.
But yeah, bland is probably the right term for this. A goal would obviously work wonders here, especially if it forces Union to open up at the back.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I reckon those empty stadium matches are a lot more fun to watch if you're emotionally invested in one of the teams.
But yeah, bland is probably the right term for this. A goal would obviously work wonders here, especially if it forces Union to open up at the back.
Looks like it'll end a 0-0, no real clear cut chances were there in the first half?

uamini

Supports
Herta BSC
Okay, a slow first half followed by two quick goals to start the second half....this is exactly the same game as last week for Hertha.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Yet another big result for the big city club. Who knew maybe Klinsmann wasn't a good coach after all.

Paul_Scholes18

It is so hard to get up for these games. Normally do barely watch German football, but now there is only German football to watch.
I just do not care beyond wanting maybe Bayern to fail to win it for once.

uamini

Supports
Herta BSC
Klinsmann is so bad he makes Labbadia look good.
For what it's worth Klinsmann's record with Hertha wasn't bad. They were terrible to watch but scored a decent amount of points despite playing some tough opponents. He got more out of that team than Covic before him or Nouri after him.

The difference between Labbadia and Nouri is shocking though. No goals conceded in two games whereas in the final 3 games under Nouri Hertha had been down 0-2 after 22, 9 and 6 minutes.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Klinsmann is so bad he makes Labbadia look good.
I think Labbadia is actually a solid coach. He certainly did surprisingly well at Wolfsburg last season and by now we know that the jobs at Stuttgart and Hamburg aren't the best to judge someone.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Which match will everyone be watching, Dortmund v Wolfsburg or M’Gladbach v Leverkusen?

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

Favre sticking with the team that beat Schalke. Sancho on the bench.

No Alario probably means Havertz players upfront again.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Makes sense with how they played, plus there are midweek fixtures coming up so he'll have a decent chance of starting that with players being rotated.
I was expecting Dahoud to be dropped, Brandt moving back to cm and Reyna or Sancho starting at AM. The mid-week fixture is actually against Bayern, so if Sancho is not 100% fit he might sit out there as well, though these decisions probably also depend on how well things go today.

Last edited:

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Think Dortmund Will win. Håland to score again

1-3

Last edited:

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I was expecting Dahoud to be dropped, Brandt moving back to cm and Reyna or Sancho starting at AM. The mid-week fixture is actually against Bayern, so if Sancho is not 100% fit he might sit out there as well, though these decisions probably also depend on how well things go today.
Ah, didn't know that. Yeah, unlikely he'll start there if not 100% fit.

The Wolfsburg wolf howling music is creepy, especially with no crowd.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Ah, didn't know that. Yeah, unlikely he'll start there if not 100% fit.

The Wolfsburg wolf howling music is creepy, especially with no crowd.
Creepy as feck was wondering if that was something else or from the pitch :lol: