Burnley sack Sean Dyche

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
are we not concerned that this might be a case of cancel culture gone mad over his surname?

C'est Moi Cantona

Reckon they'll go down with or without Dyche, so however futile they might as well give something else a go.

Brophs

The One and Only
Ben Meening to ask you, fancy managing the team for a week or two?

Varane around town

I'd be quite worried if I was a Burnley.

They were bought out recently by an American hedge fund who look like they've no idea what they are doing. People who are more finically literate than me say that Burnley could be in a hell of a mess if they go down and I think this decision all but seals it.

432JuanMata

Let’s be honest he has done amazing with what he has been given over the years and Burnley rarely spend money.
I think they will go down with or without Dyche but feel this is a bad decision and Burnley might not come back up soon at all

432JuanMata

Wait

they what?
They sacked a manager that plays not the best looking football but the reason they spend so long in the top flight with the budget he was given. They did this due to panic of going down which will happen either way and now have ruined their best chance to get back in to the PL

ForeverRed1

that will have to wait. he’ll have already booked a two week all inclusive from t’teletext to the costa del sol. he’ll bemoan the food at the hotel and find a cafe run by expats and eat 3 full english a day, only returning to the hotel to drink the free lager around the pool and take numerous, horrible, greasy shits in their facilities.
that’s coming from a place of experience.

ForeverRed1

He’s a good manager, who will get snapped up. Would be good to see what he could do with a half decent budget.

Strootman's Finger

I feel like there is more to this, that he is being fired for reasons untold, unrelated to football. Why sack someone 5 days after they lost a big game? why sack someone on good friday? Why no thanks for the service or warm platitudes from Burnley, just we sacked him?

Kaos

I think we fecked him over by shitting the bed against Everton. If we'd won that I'd have Burnley as favourites to avoid the drop.

Now they're definitely going down.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Definitely going down now. What were they thinking? He's the only person who could've kept them up.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Sam allardyce incoming. Trading Hoofball for more Hoofball.

Failing that I hear Chris Hughton is doing a great job a Brighton.

GuybrushThreepwood

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Is this going to turn out like when Stoke fired Pulis?
Stoke finished higher in the league and with more points during each of the first 3 seasons under Hughes, than during any of the previous seasons under Pulis. Plus the style of football also improved in the process.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
If they wanted a change to try to stop relegation, they should have done it months ago. Now it comes across as just being mean. Burnley have been crap though so why should Dyche be exempt?

RoyH1

He’s been a miracle worker for them. Burnley’s survival in the PL all these years with that spending is all thanks to him.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Sean Dyche will be back in a Premier League job before December
My money would be on next Watford manager if he didn't already have a tainted history with them. They need someone who can get them up (proven) and keep them up (proven x6).

Bigger budget might allow him to play some better stuff, even if not, he would have them comfortably mid-table season on season.

With all that said, probably West Brom is the next landing spot for him.

Last edited:

GlasgowCeltic

I think we fecked him over by shitting the bed against Everton. If we'd won that I'd have Burnley as favourites to avoid the drop.

Now they're definitely going down.
Dychey definitely thought Everton were gone with his “they don’t know how to win a game” comments

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Sport teams are the only industry where the manager is the one who gets sacked.

If people fail to perform in any other industry, the worker gets sacked and the manager is mostly absolved of blame.

Clubs need to stop putting players on ridiculously long contracts and high salaries. It needs to be made compulsory that if players don't reach a certain milestone or meet a certain objective then they can be sacked without paying out the rest of the contract. Maybe the players will then actually perform better.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
My money would be on next Watford manager if he didn't already have a tainted history with them. They need someone who can get them up (proven) and keep them up (proven x6).

Bigger budget might allow him to play some better stuff, even if not, he would have them comfortably mid-table season on season.

With all that said, probably West Brom is the next landing spot for him.
Is his history that tainted?

Zoo

If they wanted a change to try to stop relegation, they should have done it months ago. Now it comes across as just being mean. Burnley have been crap though so why should Dyche be exempt?
He’s probably still the best bet to bring them straight back up from the Championship.

Classical Mechanic

Reminds me of some other owners..
Except United is a profit making behemoth. Burnley could be well and truly fecked here. Next will be them selling off the stadium and renting it back. Nice bit of leveraging and asset striping.

It would be a great shame as Burnley is a small deprived post industrial town. I come from one myself that once had a Premier League team and the positive effect it has on the community is big.

Oranges038

It's been coming, surprised it's taken them this long, Dyche has done a great job there to keep them up for so long.

But, Burnley are in for a rough time, a few players out of contract and a few more more than likely to leave. Next season will be tough.

With all that debt as well, if they don't get a decent manager in they could be headed the way of Blackpool or Bolton.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It's been coming, surprised it's taken them this long, Dyche has done a great job there to keep them up for so long.

But, Burnley are in for a rough time, a few players out of contract and a few more more than likely to leave. Next season will be tough.

With all that debt as well, if they don't get a decent manager in they could be headed the way of Blackpool or Bolton.
It's been coming because the club is in shit, not because of Dyche.

They've just got rid of the only thing holding them together, now they'll be in freefall.

Oranges038

It's been coming because the club is in shit, not because of Dyche.

They've just got rid of the only thing holding them together, now they'll be in freefall.
He's done a great job keeping them up so far. I am not saying it his fault. I am saying I am surprised it has taken the club this long to act on this.

They've been in a relegation dog fight all season, every other year they've been within a couple of decent games of getting out of it. This year they just haven't looked like getting away from it at all. Everyone around them pulled the trigger and got slightly better, that's why it's surprising they've taken this long to do it.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's done a great job keeping them up so far. I am not saying it his fault. I am saying I am surprised it has taken the club this long to act on this.

They've been in a relegation dog fight all season, every other year they've been within a couple of decent games of getting out of it. This year they just haven't looked like getting away from it at all. Everyone around them pulled the trigger and got slightly better, that's why it's surprising they've taken this long to do it.
I guess it depends whether anybody else will do better. Do you really think a continental manager will come in with that squad, that budget and do better? not for me.