Buzzing for tomorrow’s game

Alek M

Da manic one
After sooo loooong time, we finally have an opportunity to get in the discussion as a title contender. Win tomorrow, and we are in it big time.
Leicester was a disappointment, but with all other teams dropping points, the impact is not as meaningful. Yes it would have been amazing with a win tomorrow to be tied on points with Liverpool. But that only tells us that we are within reach. We really are.

Rashford will be ruthless tomorrow. Bruno will be majestic. Defense will be solid.

Start Cavani up top, Rashford left, Greenwood/Mata right.

Bruno Fred Mct midfield will boss that midfield.

This is a growing season for everyone. Yes Ole has learned some valuable lessons. Make subs as early as needed (Pogba on early second half on Sat), Fred yellow vs PSG, Martial is never going to be our main No.9, Greenwood can have all the talent in the world but needs to be working well and tracking back for the team. Same for Pogba, by showing him that the team is fine winning without him. Lindelof may not be as exciting as De Ligt, but he is exceptional and his partnership with Harry is getting better every game. Add Tuanzebe to the mix as what that defense can be in few years. The belief is there, the work rate is there (Fred, Mct), we are creating chances, teams are starting to fear us.

Yes it was a dire derby against City, but shows we are just as good as them. We outplayed Leicester who are flirting with 2nd spot. We have shown amazing resilience with so many come back wins. Liverpool will be the real test,and we know what will mean if we win that.

Let’s go!

Last edited:

joobier

I’ve been feeling the long lost feeling of optimism recently. I’m not Ole’s no 1 fan but I can see the team progressing which is all I can ask for really.

The way the club has been for the best part of a decade has really put a dampener on my love for football but recently I’m becoming excited to watch united play again whereas it felt like a chore at times under the previous three managers.

I want Ole to succeed and I’m starting to believe he can. Obviously we need to strengthen in certain areas. He needs to be backed in January if the right player is available and certainly in the summer but I think the foundation of a great team is there, for the first time in years.

Tarrou

It's too obvious at this point. Every time our rivals drop points we feck up the chance to take advantage of it. Happened too many times during LvG, Mourinho and even Ole's time.
but we made up like 10 points to overhaul Chelsea and Leicester last season?

I'm not sure this is actually still a thing is it?

we just used to be shit, and now we're quite a bit less shit

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
I'm buzzing too. We're turning into a good team. Sort out the defence with brand new CB's and we will win the title next year.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
but we made up like 10 points to overhaul Chelsea and Leicester last season?

I'm not sure this is actually still a thing is it?

we just used to be shit, and now we're quite a bit less shit
We almost fecked up last season. Dropped 2 points vs Soton and then had to beat Leicester on the final day to make top 4

Kaos

I'm embracing a healthy dose of cynicism. It seems everytime we start to build up some form and other results end up going our way, we end up bottling it and enduring another false dawn.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
Yep, I am buzzing too. We are getting there.
Just need a top class, center back, midfielder, right winger and striker and we will be contenders.

Alek M

Da manic one
Last 4 games two wins and two draws. We played well in all 4 games. Leicester we created enough to beat the no 2 team.

Yes, crap to concede late, but look at Liverpool, Spurs and their draw. Sometimes bad results just happen and it is not the end of the world.

Players disappointed with a draw this weekend. Even Pogba put in a shift. The belief and work rate is there. That's all I care!

RedDevil@84

I am still indifferent. I will be buzzing if we start playing well. I can already see Rashford missing sitters and Martial making ridiculous decisions.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
We’ve picked up more PL points in 2020 than any team bar Liverpool. Not sure what else people need to see to come to the conclusion that we are making massive progress. I don’t think we are in the title conversation yet. We are just missing that IT factor and an impervious defence. But we are a force to be reckoned with now, and that’s some real progress.

The key things to remember for the Ole in crowd is that there will be blips on the road ahead, but we have to keep focusing on the bigger picture, which is getting rosier. For the Ole out crowd they need to recognise the significant progress that has been made in both our results and our style of play.

Challenges remain. Tough times will come again, but we are on the right track. Just hope people on both sides can keep perspective.

I think we need at least two more transfer windows and some additional experience and maturity in our young players before we can consider the lack of a real title challenge a failure. The inexperience/youth factor alone is going to lead to some more Jekyl and Hyde performances this season.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
We’ve picked up more PL points in 2020 than any team bar Liverpool. Not sure what else people need to see to come to the conclusion that we are making massive progress. I don’t think we are in the title conversation yet. We are just missing that IT factor and an impervious defence. But we are a force to be reckoned with now, and that’s some real progress.

The key things to remember for the Ole in crowd is that there will be blips on the road ahead, but we have to keep focusing on the bigger picture, which is getting rosier. For the Ole out crowd they need to recognise the significant progress that has been made in both our results and our style of play.

Challenges remain. Tough times will come again, but we are on the right track. Just hope people on both sides can keep perspective.

I think we need at least two more transfer windows and some additional experience and maturity in our young players before we can consider the lack of a real title challenge a failure. The inexperience/youth factor alone is going to lead to some more Jekyl and Hyde performances this season.
Basically this:

We are a young team and like young players, we will be inconsistent. The squad is years away from its peak.

POF

After sooo loooong time, we finally have an opportunity to get in the discussion as a title contender. Win tomorrow, and we are in it big time.
Leicester was a disappointment, but with all other teams dropping points, the impact is not as meaningful. Yes it would have been amazing with a win tomorrow to be tied on points with Liverpool. But that only tells us that we are within reach. We really are.

Rashford will be ruthless tomorrow. Bruno will be majestic. Defense will be solid.

Start Cavani up top, Rashford left, Greenwood/Mata right.

Bruno Fred Mct midfield will boss that midfield.

This is a growing season for everyone. Yes Ole has learned some valuable lessons. Make subs as early as needed (Pogba on early second half on Sat), Fred yellow vs PSG, Martial is never going to be our main No.9, Greenwood can have all the talent in the world but needs to be working well and tracking back for the team. Same for Pogba, by showing him that the team is fine winning without him. Lindelof may not be as exciting as De Ligt, but he is exceptional and his partnership with Harry is getting better every game. Add Tuanzebe to the mix as what that defense can be in few years. The belief is there, the work rate is there (Fred, Mct), we are creating chances, teams are starting to fear us.

Yes it was a dire derby against City, but shows we are just as good as them. We outplayed Leicester who are flirting with 2nd spot. We have shown amazing resilience with so many come back wins. Liverpool will be the real test,and we know what will mean if we win that.

Let’s go!
It's definitely exciting watching United again. It's an exciting team just now. If they can win the next 2 home games they'll be in a great position.

I agree on the front 3. Greenwood/Cavani/Rashford is the way to go for this game. Greenwood is ideal for these home games when trying to break teams down.

Lindelof is no superstar but his partnership with Maguire is the most reliable United has. Bailly/Maguire or Tuanzebe/Maguire has more potential but you feel Lindelof/Maguire is less likely to make a costly mistake.

The recurring injuries to Lindelof are concerning. Hopefully he's fit enough to play vs Wolves.

Yagami

Good post resistant
You mean tonight's game, @Alek M ? (Sorry :angel: )

It's currently snowing here in Manchester. I hope it snows for the game. I love footy in the snow!

Bobade

I know exactly what you mean. This is the game I have been most excited for in a while. Winning this would put us right up there in the conversation and it just feels so long since that has happened. Feel confident we will do the business.

Revaulx

It’s interesting (and good :)) that people are so fired up in anticipation of playing Wolves.

Last season when it felt like we faced them about 17 times, everyone was dreading the prospect.

Siorac

It’s interesting (and good :)) that people are so fired up in anticipation of playing Wolves.

Last season when it felt like we faced them about 17 times, everyone was dreading the prospect.
I'm still dreading it, it's bound to be an awful game of football. 0-0 or 1-1, with 90 minutes of screaming frustration.

Uniquim

A win against Wolves would be great news! We've not have the best of times against them in recent games.
1-1, 0-0, 1-0 win, and 0-0.

Sparky Rhiwabon

After sooo loooong time, we finally have an opportunity to get in the discussion as a title contender.

Erm, didn’t we literally have this opportunity three days ago? And failed it.

Our squad isn’t equipped for a title push as we failed to push on in the transfer window. And, I mean obvious holes not addressed - defensive midfielder, central defender, right winger.

Revaulx

I'm still dreading it, it's bound to be an awful game of football. 0-0 or 1-1, with 90 minutes of screaming frustration.
Surely we’ll show more ambition than we did against City? Or Spurs did v Wolves at the weekend? I very much hope so.

Siorac

Surely we’ll show more ambition than we did against City? Or Spurs did v Wolves at the weekend? I very much hope so.
Being ambitious doesn't mean we'll automagically break them down though.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Every time I'm really excited for a United game we lose. Sorry OP.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Yeah this has got disappointment written all over it.

Revaulx

Being ambitious doesn't mean we'll automagically break them down though.
No, but it massively enhances the chances of doing so.

Although our finishing lets us down, our ability to create scoring opportunities against the dreaded “low block” has improved enormously over the past year. And not just because of Bruno; players seem to have become capable of passing forward from deep positions.

It’s the defence’s continued propensity to collective freezing that I’m more worried about.

sparx99

Last 4 games two wins and two draws. We played well in all 4 games. Leicester we created enough to beat the no 2 team.

Yes, crap to concede late, but look at Liverpool, Spurs and their draw. Sometimes bad results just happen and it is not the end of the world.

Players disappointed with a draw this weekend. Even Pogba put in a shift. The belief and work rate is there. That's all I care!
Pogba has looked a lot fitter the last 4-5 weeks and his form has improved with it. Maybe he wasn’t right after COVID like he has talked about.

pacifictheme

I always look forward to united games, even when we have been fairly awful, but yeah, really excited about tonight's game.

Will probably draw or play like a drain now!

Ollie Derbyshire

I’m well up for this one, think the team will be too, Wolves are a good team but we are better. I’m more encouraged with what Bruno said after the Leicester game than anything else, the boys can really show us that they are mentally stronger and actually feel like a team who can push for the big prizes with a win today. It’ll be tough but think we’ll get the win.

sparx99

Wolves are fairly toothless without Jimenez. I fancy a comfortable victory.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I wouldn't get too excited, especially for a game against Wolves

Has got low scoring draw (maybe even 0-0 again) written all over it