BVB (Bottlespielverein Borussia Dortmund) watch | You love to see it

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Haaland and Raiola flying around here, there and everywhere during the last couple of days looking for the next suitable destination mustn't of helped morale.
Ha!

Siorac

They bend over whenever Bayern come calling but stick to their guns on a frankly ridiculous asking price when we do.
Again, this is simply not true. They only sold Hummels to Bayern in the last 10 years. During that time, we got both Kagawa and Mkhitaryan from them, at very good prices too.

But it wasn't a fake deadline though. Clearly they were serious about it.
they weren’t though. If United paid them the money they wanted at any point they would have sold him.

if was a fake deadline that was designed to get us to pay the fee, the vast vast majority of people could see it for what it was.

Boavista

They didn't take the piss. They set a price and set a date. We didn't offer what we wanted on time and that was that.

The fact that there were many weeks of trasnfer window left they myriad questions by journalists didn't make the way Dortmund handled it any less repectful. It's just the transfer muppets feeding hyterically from Twitter every five minutes that couldn't handle it.

If every club handled transfer stuff like Dortmund, the football world would be healthier.
I agree. I doubt even the whole you love to see it tweet that's got everyone's knickers in a twist was directed at United fans, yet so many people took that reaally personally. Pretty sure that was directly in response to newspapers picturing him not smiling and implying that means he's unhappy at Dortmund.

bdecuc

But it wasn't a fake deadline though. Clearly they were serious about it.
Sure it was a serious deadline. Good for them. Then they spent the rest of the summer crowing about it. I smile at their struggles. Can't help it.

crossy1686

career ending
A lot of people took it personally that Dortmund didn't sell one of their best players for less than their asking price. It's bizarre.
That’s a very narrow view point. They refused to negotiate when everyone, including themselves wanted to do a deal. Then they tried to create a bidding war while no one else was interested, while in the mean time giving their social media team free licence to put wind up posts out every single day.

There’s an asking price, then there’s a “whack a zero on the end of that and see if they’re desperate” price. They know Sancho isn’t worth what they were quoting, hence the walking back of the price and expectation for the best part of this season.

Pickle85

I don’t think it’s that at all.

it was the crowing of the German fans. The fake deadlines, and the worshipping of the second coming of Christ in the form of Zork.
Yup, this. It was pretty much exclusively the nauseating crowing of the Dortmund fans in here that wound people up, I think. I quite liked them as a club before all that nonsense and still quite like their general ethos and the way they try to play. But giving it large over not selling us Sancho was small time.

Siorac

they weren’t though. If United paid them the money they wanted at any point they would have sold him.

if was a fake deadline that was designed to get us to pay the fee, the vast vast majority of people could see it for what it was.
I don't think it was fake at all but either way, they had a price, we refused to pay it and that's it. Nothing to hate them for.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
They didn't take the piss. They set a price and set a date. We didn't offer what we wanted on time and that was that.

The fact that there were many weeks of trasnfer window left they myriad questions by journalists didn't make the way Dortmund handled it any less repectful. It's just the transfer muppets feeding hyterically from Twitter every five minutes that couldn't handle it.

If every club handled transfer stuff like Dortmund, the football world would be healthier.
Ya I thought Dortmund were pretty straight up about the whole thing but their Twitter was just needlessly smug. I was angry with how we handled the Sancho transfer at the time. We still need him and we would have done a lot better this season if we’d got him. Still, can you imagine the United Twitter saying you love to see it if Pogba doesn’t move this summer. I would hope we are a bit more self aware than that.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Other than United not getting the player they wanted, which would be petty, I struggle to see why some fans here are so happy with Dortmund's struggles.
Probably because of the monumental level of bellendery that the German/Dortmund fans were revelling in last summer.

Also, it’s you know, a football forum? A wee bit of tribalism and poking jibes at an opposing teams downfall is half of what football is.

Siorac

They refused to negotiate when everyone, including themselves wanted to do a deal.
Why do you think they wanted to do a deal?

Seriously, people are so bizarre here when it comes to Dortmund. They wanted to keep the player. They put a huge price tag on him - if someone had been willing to pay that, they would have taken the money and if not, they keep the player. It's really simple.

prateik

Its not that they didnt sell Sancho on the cheap. their player.. under contract.. they set the price. totally fair.

Its just that they are a feeder club pretending to be a lot more than they are. Its funny at first.. gets annoying after a while..

I don't think it was fake at all but either way, they had a price, we refused to pay it and that's it. Nothing to hate them for.
As I said, nothing to do with the club, or the fact they didn’t sell Sancho. Everything to do with the German fanboys crowing about it last summer.

not saying that’s rational, but that’s why I will make a wry smile at their poor form this season.

Siorac

I agree. I doubt even the whole you love to see it tweet that's got everyone's knickers in a twist was directed at United fans, yet so many people took that reaally personally. Pretty sure that was directly in response to newspapers picturing him not smiling and implying that means he's unhappy at Dortmund.
Yeah, that one fairly insignificant tweet apparently amounts to 'crowing all summer'.

Amir

Sure it was a serious deadline. Good for them. Then they spent the rest of the summer crowing about it. I smile at their struggles. Can't help it.
They spend the rest of the summer being asked questions about it - which they couldn't do much about - and answering it as it is. Just because it wasn't the response United fans were hoping for doesn't make it 'crowing'.

Siorac

As I said, nothing to do with the club, or the fact they didn’t sell Sancho. Everything to do with the German fanboys crowing about it last summer.

not saying that’s rational, but that’s why I will make a wry smile at their poor form this season.
Well, fair enough. But to be honest, our fans behaved far worse. Look at this very thread - 'feeder club pretending to be more than that' - or the constant belittling of the 'farmers league'. Sure, you can say the Caf is our turf, we can be as massive bellends as we want to be. And many really were massive bellends about it.

Amir

Probably because of the monumental level of bellendery that the German/Dortmund fans were revelling in last summer.
Nothing that even compares to United fans bellend sense of entitlement and feeling Dortmund should sell us Sancho because we want him.

Hammerfell

Other than United not getting the player they wanted, which would be petty, I struggle to see why some fans here are so happy with Dortmund's struggles.
“Petty”, as if football really matters.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Last season they looked at United as if we were a cash tree. How wrong they were. They could have had 80m. Now they’ll be lucky if they get 65-70m

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
That’s... just not how football works. There is only one date set — that’s the end of the transfer window imposed by UEFA. We never came out and confirmed any ‘date’ confirmed by them either, for what it’s worth.

Mmm yes. If only. :lol: Master Zorg holding all the cards for the hotly coveted 17 year old they played all season at the cost of seriously contending for anything major, but at least they’ll do transfer dealings the right way.

crossy1686

career ending
Why do you think they wanted to do a deal?

Seriously, people are so bizarre here when it comes to Dortmund. They wanted to keep the player. They put a huge price tag on him - if someone had been willing to pay that, they would have taken the money and if not, they keep the player. It's really simple.
Except they didn’t want to keep the player, nor any of their players for that matter. They want to sell them at the highest price possible because they’re a selling club pretending to not be a selling club.

They’ll sell Sancho this summer, then Haaland the following summer and then Bellingham the summer after that. Not a single one of them will stay past the point of their current contracts.

Amir

That’s... just not how football works. There is only one date set — that’s the end of the transfer window imposed by UEFA. We never came out and confirmed any ‘date’ confirmed by them either, for what it’s worth.
He's their player, and they have every right to do what they want. They set a date and a price. And once the date has passed they said it was over. It was very fair.

Judas

Open to offers
He's their player, and they have every right to do what they want. They set a date and a price. And once the date has passed they said it was over. It was very fair.
You actually believe if we offered what they wanted (which we never did) even though their little deadline has passed they wouldn't have sold him? Laughing out loud.

SAFMUTD

No matter what anyone here says, Im happy they’re struggling and as childish as it is is because that “you love to see it” post.

Boavista

Except they didn’t want to keep the player, nor any of their players for that matter. They want to sell them at the highest price possible because they’re a selling club pretending to not be a selling club.

They’ll sell Sancho this summer, then Haaland the following summer and then Bellingham the summer after that. Not a single one of them will stay past the point of their current contracts.
Do you really believe that? What's the alternative, only buy players that won't be desirable to bigger clubs?

Amir

You actually believe if we offered what they wanted (which we never did) even though their little deadline has passed they wouldn't have sold him? Laughing out loud.
No idea, I'm not bothering to think about it. I just deal with what happened - and there was not one thing wrong it it.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Not saying it makes any gloating at them justified OR people shouldn't gloat at them but they do make smart arsed comments/tweets and in a world where you can never delete stuff, people will cheerfully throw it back at you when things don't go to plan.

Delight in other people's misfortune. If only there was a word for that... maybe Germans can create one in their language?

Selling us Mkhitaryan.. "The paths of Borussia Dortmund midfielder Henrikh Mkhitaryan and (27) separate from this summer. After intensive discussions BVB have complied with the wishes of the Armenian national team member to join Manchester United – WHO FINISHED FIFTH IN THE PL LAST SEASON."

And... "Borussia Dortmund would like to wish HM all the best... in the PL AND THE EUROPA LEAGUE"

I can imagine there will be a few tweets on their official Twitter page wishing them well in the Europa League next season. What goes around, comes around? Fans take their club very seriously and if you take the piss (when they maybe could have been focussing on why "a player would rather leave us and play in the EL"), expect it back.

(Note to self.... diarise for May to tweet Dortmund).

gorky_utd

So what are the chances they miss UCL football next season? I would love to see this.

it’s truly astonishing people believe this. Some people will believe anything.

Amir

You’re taking this awfully personally.
I have tons of respect to Dortmund and I've been sickened by the attitude of United fans towards them since the summer. I despise arrogance, and to belittle a great club over such matters is idiotic.

Judas

Open to offers
I have tons of respect to Dortmund and I've been sickened by the attitude of United fans towards them since the summer. I despise arrogance, and to belittle a great club over such matters is idiotic.
Doesn't sound like football fandom is for you. Are we approaching the point where people get annoyed at general piss taking of other teams? If anything we're not arrogant enough as a fanbase anymore.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Wonder what the fans and players response was from the fact Raiola and Haaland were reportedly meeting various top clubs, in Spain and England, for a potential transfer this summer.
Couldn't of gone down well, especially with their current league form looking so poor.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Cry somewhere else.
As for Dortmund’s glorious form this season: You love to see it!