BVB (Bottlespielverein Borussia Dortmund) watch | You love to see it

Amir

Doesn't sound like football fandom is for you. Are we approaching the point where people get annoyed at general piss taking of other teams? If anything we're not arrogant enough as a fanbase anymore.
I'm OK with football fandom when it comes to actual football.

Over a transfer though? It's almost insulting.

But I guess that this is what have become of us. Successful transfer are now trophies nowadays.

BlahRules

Not saying it makes any gloating at them justified OR people shouldn't gloat at them but they do make smart arsed comments/tweets and in a world where you can never delete stuff, people will cheerfully throw it back at you when things don't go to plan.

Delight in other people's misfortune. If only there was a word for that... maybe Germans can create one in their language?

Selling us Mkhitaryan.. "The paths of Borussia Dortmund midfielder Henrikh Mkhitaryan and (27) separate from this summer. After intensive discussions BVB have complied with the wishes of the Armenian national team member to join Manchester United – WHO FINISHED FIFTH IN THE PL LAST SEASON."

And... "Borussia Dortmund would like to wish HM all the best... in the PL AND THE EUROPA LEAGUE"

I can imagine there will be a few tweets on their official Twitter page wishing them well in the Europa League next season. What goes around, comes around? Fans take their club very seriously and if you take the piss (when they maybe could have been focussing on why "a player would rather leave us and play in the EL"), expect it back.

(Note to self.... diarise for May to tweet Dortmund).

I remember that tweet.. as time went I started to laugh at their failures. Acting like they're some big club when they're a feeder club.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
We'll end up with the same number of trophies :lol:
That’s OK. I am lucky enough to see us win trophy after trophy for 2 decades, can live a few years without them.
As for Dortmund, you love to see it!

Castia

I have tons of respect to Dortmund and I've been sickened by the attitude of United fans towards them since the summer. I despise arrogance, and to belittle a great club over such matters is idiotic.
They’re the arrogant ones. They’ve thrown digs at us a few times over the years namely after we signed Kagawa and Mkhitarian, I remember they even released a statement saying ‘enjoy the Europa league’ to one of the outgoing players.

They have a model that lets them bring in young players with the understanding that within 2-3 years they’ll be sold for huge profits, the whole thing is a sham they’ve become the shop window for any young players agent who wants to make a fast buck.

They‘re lucky (or not so much this season...) that 90% of the league is trash and they can usually get top 4 whilst playing half a squad of teenagers.

Last edited:

Classical Mechanic

We'll end up with the same number of trophies :lol:
Dortmund have a cringeworthy social media presence that positions them as the banter kings of football. If you give it out then of course you will get it back when you flop.

If they EL next season then Sancho and Harland will want out. At least they will have a few quid.

fck

Supports
Bayern
It's sad that United went out in the CL because at the moment this is just an internet rivalry created by fans. We need some actual games on the pitch as well :drool:.

Lewnited

But I guess that this is what have become of us. Successful transfer are now trophies nowadays.
Why do you seem to be taking all of this far more personally than anyone else in this thread? Does fans poking fun at other fans really get to you this much? :lol:

NM

What's bigger, the second place trophy or the Dortmund didn't qualify to the CL trophy?
What's pettier? Getting mad at football fans having a laugh or caring more about a club in another league than your own.

Doesn't matter! You are the petty one getting angry at people having a laugh.

Take a deep breath and remember football is entertainment.

Amir

Take a deep breath and remember football is entertainment.
I saw very little evidence of that over the summer when people were insulted because some club wouldn't sell a piece of entertainment to their club.

Amir

They have a model that lets them bring in young players with the understanding that within 2-3 years they’ll be sold for huge profits, the whole thing is a sham they’ve become the shop window for any young players agent who wants to make a fast buck.
It's not a "Sham". It's a way to exist and to do so at a good level. Not everyone is able to have United's (or Bayern's) money.

Amir

Dortmund have a cringeworthy social media presence that positions them as the banter kings of football. If you give it out then of course you will get it back when you flop.
Yeah, maybe. If people's views on clubs are decided on what someone posts on their social media, then this world really is becoming too stupid.

Amir

What's pettier? Getting mad at football fans having a laugh or caring more about a club in another league than your own.
So if I'm a United fan I can't see things differently? I can't think some of my fellow fans are bellends? I should support United blindly when they act like idiots, and also blame the other club?

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I spend very little time concerned with the Bundesliga.

What is the specific beef with Dortmund, why all the apparent schadenfreude?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I kind of feel this is the perfect place to remind my fellow United supporters how utter pathetic they are.
Just wait until you hear what some of them do when we score goals in football matches we’re involved in.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
People here became awfully sensitive once someone started answering their silly gibes.
Don’t think you’re in a position to complain about anyone else being sensitive when you’re getting defensive about people having a little fun at Dortmund’s form. :lol:

Gazza

Don’t think you’re in a position to complain about anyone else being sensitive when you’re getting defensive about people having a little fun at Dortmund’s form. :lol:
Well, like 5-6 people have piled on telling him he should "cry elsewhere" and the like. I don't think Amir has been taking this personally at all, reading his posts. Unless you think it's impossible to have an opinion on something without getting defensive/being sensitive?

Amir

Might as well have fun at Schalke's form or Alaves. We shouldn't have a beef with them.

Park's Petrified Pooch

Well, like 5-6 people have piled on telling him he should "cry elsewhere" and the like. I don't think Amir has been taking this personally at all, reading his posts. Unless you think it's impossible to have an opinion on something without getting defensive/being sensitive?
He’s got 20 or so posts in a thread dedicated to people laughing at another club, telling them they’re pathetic and should stop having fun. Other than supporting your own club, laughing at other club’s misfortune is all there is in football. It’s tribal. Light hearted threads like this are good. He should maybe avoid the thread and stop telling people not to enjoy themselves. It’s laughable.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
He’s literally dominating this thread and calling other fans “bellends” this thread is literally just having a lighthearted joke.

Gazza

He’s literally dominating this thread and calling other fans “bellends” this thread is literally just having a lighthearted joke.
He’s got 20 or so posts in a thread dedicated to people laughing at another club, telling them they’re pathetic and should stop having fun. Other than supporting your own club, laughing at other club’s misfortune is all there is in football. It’s tribal. Light hearted threads like this are good. He should maybe avoid the thread and stop telling people not to enjoy themselves. It’s laughable.
It's his opinion, this is a forum. Doesn't mean he's taking it personally.

Amarsdd

it was annoying enough Dortmund and Bayern fans defending Dortmund, and being smug and high-and-mighty about it. Now we have United fans doing it as well. Most here, in particular me, was annoyed by the smugness of these fans last summer and not really about what Dortmund did or not.

alexthelion

Boo hoo, go cry somewhere else (Dortmund maybe?).

RashyForPM

People here became awfully sensitive once someone started answering their silly gibes.
You got sensitive because people were aiming banter at a club who also bantered us after the Sancho thing last summer...

It’s football. Abuse is abhorrent, but light-hearted banter amongst clubs and fans is something which must go on forever. I didn’t feel offended by “you love to see it”, but now I’m having a laugh about it because they’re losing a bit these days and poking the jibe back at them.

Relax.

Okey

You just love to see the coming meltdown when they try to charge a King's ransom in the summer for players desperate to leave for champions league football, and no club willing to bite. Tasty...

LoneStar

Relax man, If you think about it, you are just arguing about grown men dancing around a ball trying to put it in a net. Don't see where you are going with this.

It's not a matter of life or death. People are allowed to be petty or take the piss, they can decide what they find funny and what they don't, why are you trying to police this.

Also you love to see it !