BVB (Bottlespielverein Borussia Dortmund) watch | You love to see it

Pickle85

Missing 3 key players today in Kobel, Brandt (who has been sensational in the last few months) and Adeyemi. Levels obviously dropped a bit because of that but I wouldnt expect anyone who watches them 1 time a year to understand that.
Good to see the BDL swinging into action again!

Ludens the Red

Missing 3 key players today in Kobel, Brandt (who has been sensational in the last few months) and Adeyemi. Levels obviously dropped a bit because of that but I wouldnt expect anyone who watches them 1 time a year to understand that.
Aye, literally all their pace gone with Adeyemi and Moukoko out. Brandt as you said has been ridiculous lately. Once he went off the gig was up. If those players are fit Dortmund go through. But they don’t have the squad Chelsea do so seems harsh to try and stick the boot in on them after a marginal loss like that.

What's the point of them? Every single season they turn up away at a big club and constantly just fold.

They are literally wasting a spot being in the knockout stages, be hammered again by Madrid or Liverpool next season and the circus rolls on
:lol: I really hope you’re not a United fan otherwise displaying an astonishing lack of awareness.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

Considering the form they've been in since the World Cup ended going out to such a mediocre Chelsea side has to be very disappointing for them

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
Considering the form they've been in since the World Cup ended going out to such a mediocre Chelsea side has to be very disappointing for them
They had an excellent run of games but won many of them with narrowst margin and a good portion of luck.
Their in-form players Adeyemi and Brandt missing the match didn't help either.

romufc

Shows the standard of the German league tbf. A flying Dortmund getting outdone by a mediocre Chelsea.

Pickle85

Without the CL to distract them they can focus on crop rotation strategies for the coming years now.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Shows the standard of the German league tbf. A flying Dortmund getting outdone by a mediocre Chelsea.
As much as I would love for Dortmund to win the league, they're going to have an inevitable collapse in the coming weeks. They've scraped through results lately.

Let's also not forget Chelsea needed two bogus penalty calls to win though.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Not really. A mediocre Dortmund team grinding out results while relying on few in form players (Adeyemi, Brandt, Kobel) losing when those are missing? Not a big surprise to be honest.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Is that what it actually shows? Or does it show that these clubs do not have the depth of squad to cope with key players being out injured?

That mediocre Chelsea you speak of has injected more money into the squad in two windows than Dortmund in what can easily be a starting guesstimate of 15-20 years.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Is that what it actually shows? Or does it show that these clubs do not have the depth of squad to cope with key players being out injured?

That mediocre Chelsea you speak of has injected more money into the squad in two windows than Dortmund in what can easily be a starting guesstimate of 15-20 years.
Yea, I mean last year 11th place Eintrach Frankfurt beat 2nd place Barcelona but I don't think anyone would claim the BL is much better than the La Liga because of that. Also it's not as if Chelsea battered Dortmund, they won by 1 dubious penalty decision, though they were the better of the two teams over the legs definitely.

What's also funny is this year you have United beating top place Barcelona, who beat Madrid, who beat Liverpool 5-2 away from home, who then beat United. All this happening in the space of a month, that's what you get when trying to judge with one off results :lol:

Lyng

Chelsea needed the ref to help them get past a Dortmund side without some of their best players.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
What's also funny is this year you have United beating top place Barcelona, who beat Madrid, who beat Liverpool 5-2 away from home, who then beat United. All this happening in the space of a month, that's what you get when trying to judge with one off results :lol:
This should go into the "facts that shouldn't be true" thread :lol:

NYAS

3-0 in the 23rd minute.

Would love someone to ask Chiellini what he thinks of Dortmund.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I think they are worse than Spurs. Mentality minnows.

manutddjw

Turn those frowns upside down. As a dortmund supporter and staunch bundesliga defender here’s what makes me happy:

1. Bayern Munich is still in the champions league. (Rivalry what’s that?)

2. We will sell Bellingham for a lot of money. Above market value in fact. Yeah baby.

BuzzKillington

Turn those frowns upside down. As a dortmund supporter and staunch bundesliga defender here’s what makes me happy:

2. We will sell Bellingham for a lot of money. Above market value in fact. Yeah baby.
Jesus, and I thought a decade of us being shit had lowered our expectations.

Tyrion

I think they are worse than Spurs. Mentality minnows.
People act like Spurs and Dortmund are flawed mentally when the fact is they don't have the budget to compete with the richest and best teams. Finishing 6th to 2nd us par financially speaking. Mentality isn't the issue.

Tyrion

Pointless feeder club.
Pointless feeder league.

Seriously though I don't get why Bayern wouldn't get bored at this point. I got bored of Dublin winning the All Ireland 6 times in a row and they only played like 5 games a year.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

It’s funny how true this is

Imagine the second best team in a massive footballing country as Germany being happy to be Spurs

mu4c_20le

:lol:

Maluco

People act like Spurs and Dortmund are flawed mentally when the fact is they don't have the budget to compete with the richest and best teams. Finishing 6th to 2nd us par financially speaking. Mentality isn't the issue.
Mentality absolutely is an issue. They wilted. They have some fantastic players and they completely disintegrated under the pressure today. It was over after 20 minutes.

That is not one team being leagues ahead, that is a team that feels vastly inferior to another and have a serious mental block against Bayern.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Mentality absolutely is an issue. They wilted. They have some fantastic players and they completely disintegrated under the pressure today. It was over after 20 minutes.

That is not one team being leagues ahead, that is a team that feels vastly inferior to another and have a serious mental block against Bayern.
Who are you talking about? Bellingham can become great and Brandt is having a really good season. Kobel normally is a good keeper that I expect to become great. But who do you mean besides them?

Maluco

Who are you talking about? Bellingham can become great and Brandt is having a really good season. Kobel normally is a good keeper that I expect to become great. But who do you mean besides them?
Reus, Bellingham, Can, Schlotterbeck, Sule are all fantastic players. Internationals with real pedigree. Their bench today has three of the most sought after young attackers in Europe.

There is no shame losing to Bayern home or away, but it’s impossible to deny that they wilted today. There was no fight whatsoever, and I don’t think that’s good enough with the experience they had in their team today.

Tyrion

I'd say they feel inferior because for a decade Bayern have taken all of their best players because they've twice the budget.

Maluco

I'd say they feel inferior because for a decade Bayern have taken all of their best players because they've twice the budget.
That obviously plays into it too, but they had a team of internationals with hundreds of appearances between them on the pitch today. There is no excuse for such a big game being done and dusted so quickly.

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan
Borussia Dortmund should stop to be a feeder club, they must try to keep their best players as much as possible as they did 10 years ago when reached the UCL final with Lewandowski and Gotze (despite they proceeded to get € 0 from the former and peanuts for the latter).

NYAS

You forgot their favourite trick.

Announcing Bellingham in fact signed a secret 1 year contract extension 6 months ago. Nobody knew! Ha! We win the transfer market once again!

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Reus, Bellingham, Can, Schlotterbeck, Sule are all fantastic players. Internationals with real pedigree. Their bench today has three of the most sought after young attackers in Europe.

There is no shame losing to Bayern home or away, but it’s impossible to deny that they wilted today. There was no fight whatsoever, and I don’t think that’s good enough with the experience they had in their team today.
Reus is (unfortunately) past it, I named Bellingham but Schlotterbeck, Can and Süle are not „fantastic players with real pedigree“.