BVB (Bottlespielverein Borussia Dortmund) watch | You love to see it

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Reus is (unfortunately) past it, I named Bellingham but Schlotterbeck, Can and Süle are not „fantastic players with real pedigree“.
150 odd caps for Germany between them. They are very good players and they were top of the league before today. No excuses for such a poor showing.

The alternative is that the Bundesliga is shite and a pointless procession every year, is that a better viewpoint? Because if we are arguing that Bayern’s closest rivals don’t have very good players, what is the point of it all?

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Bayern draw so naturally BVB follow it up by dropping points in the 97th against against a 10 man relegation candidate.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Got excited when I saw the Bayern score scrolling through the BBC app.

Then just saw the Dortmund score (I knew they were 2-0 up after 60 minutes) and thinking yep that's Dortmund alright.

Think that will be the last time Bayern drop points this season so a massive missed opportunity. They've had their chances to win the league this season alright but I don't really think their line up is a patch on what they were putting out in the 2010s.

If they had a Haaland or Aubameyang upfront they'd be winning the league.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Bayern draw so naturally BVB follow it up by dropping points in the 97th against against a 10 man relegation candidate.
:lol: I don’t think they’re allowed to overtake Bayern at this point

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
It's more like we're bending over hard to let them leapfrog us, but they insist on doing faceplants every time.
It's actually embarrassing for both clubs. Many in Germany hoped for years that Dortmund or other clubs eventually will leapfrog Bayern and there will be a real title race.

Well there is title race, if what's happening can be called a race after all, but only because Bayern became a joke this year. After the disastrous WC I actually feared this might happen. Neuer and Hernandez out for the season, Mané devastated to have missed the WC with Senegal (his last probably), German players having their confidence shot after the second group stage exit in a row and last but not least our French players having to deal with the heartbreak of a lost WC final on penalties.

Perfect mix for a disastrous second half of season.

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
This does not even paint the full picture. They conceded 3 goals in 20 minutes against a ten-man relegation candidate, with the last one coming with the last kick of the game, minutes after their supposed winner.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
150 odd caps for Germany between them. They are very good players and they were top of the league before today. No excuses for such a poor showing.

The alternative is that the Bundesliga is shite and a pointless procession every year, is that a better viewpoint? Because if we are arguing that Bayern’s closest rivals don’t have very good players, what is the point of it all?
Dortmund have lots of good players, but as a team they often lack the necessary resilience to take their opportunities. Currently that's the biggest problem for the league - Dortmund should use the good chances they get (like just not fecking up against Stuttgart yesterday) and they would be top of the league. And then things would be discussed a bit different

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
It won't be the last twist in this year's title race.
Actually neither Bayern nor Dortmund deserve the title this year.

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
I normally say that not giving stonewall penalties in the age of VAR is a characteristic of Premier League referees, but the guys officiating this game have proven me wrong.

Dortmund had the clearest penalty shout you will see all season midway through the second half, the ref did not even watch the replay.

Last edited:

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Shock horror. I think I said they’ll fail to win their next 3 games or something

Blackwidow

Yeah you are both trying your hardest to throw it away.

Still, Bayern probably have a bit more mental resilience to get over the line.
Not after the last weeks. But - if they get the offensives some goals against Hertha on Sunday that might change...

Blackwidow

Yes, the referee decision...

But they had some big chances and an xG of nearly 3. You can now shift everything to the referee - but they bottled it, too.

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
I wonder if there is anything preventing a club from taking their national association to court over stuff like this sometimes in the future.

You could make a case for the referees in cases like this in the pre-VAR days, but here we are, a man, his assistants and the VAR room making an error that is likely to prove decisive in a title race and no one is doing anything about it.

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
If I were a Dortmund fan, I would be livid. Not about the referee though but about my team which again choked at the chance to win the title against a team in the relegation fight.

Bayern gave them 3 match balls (Leverkusen, Hoffenheim and Mainz) and all Dortmund did was fecking up the next match to surrender any advantage.

Blackwidow

I wonder if there is anything preventing a club from taking their national association to court over stuff like this sometimes in the future.

You could make a case for the referees in cases like this in the pre-VAR days, but here we are, a man, his assistants and the VAR room making an error that is likely to prove decisive in a title race and no one is doing anything about it.
What do you do then with times in which they were favoured or Bayern's opponents were?

Last edited:

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
I am not sure that thete has been a similar incident in Germany since the introduction of VAR, that is the thing.
Mistakes happen all the time. Hoffenheim's equalizer resulted from an obvious dive, which caused the freekick.

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
Mistakes happen all the time. Hoffenheim's equalizer resulted from an obvious dive, which caused the freekick.
VAR does not apply to free kicks. I am happy to be corrected, I follow Bundesliga quite a bit and cannot recall an incident like this with VAR

Blackwidow

VAR does not apply to free kicks. I am happy to be corrected, I follow Bundesliga quite a bit and cannot recall an incident like this with VAR
There were some. There is discussions about it every weekend in all of the football talkshows.

Germany has a homepage in which a good mix of footballfans vote after the match about mistakes of the referees and which shows a table without this mistakes. Wahretabelle.de

Before the match day Bayern led with 2 points ahead whereas in the real table Bayern was one point down.

BVB this season for sure cannot tell that they were not favoured despite the referee call (or not) yesterday.