Caf posters possibly infected with covid-19

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Thanks, she is sitting up and saying the left lung pain is gone. I've tried listening to her left lung from the back (ear on back) and can't hear anything untoward. I'm going out of my mind, this wasn't supposed to affect kids. I'll call the GP (who are frankly useless most of the time in these situations) if it happens again. Your words have definitely helped.

I had to hang up on 111 after two hours which is a stark reminder how much this country is being affected. 10 days ago I got through to them in 10 minutes. And the clinician phoned back! :eek:
COVID-19 definitely affects kids. They just get a less severe version and it’s almost unheard of for them to die from it. They can get pretty sick though. Hope your daughter feels better soon. You should definitely keep her away from elderly relatives for the time being.

Art Vandelay

Been sent home to self isolate for 2 weeks because my brother has symptoms and was in the house a couple of days. People in the house acting like I touted on him when I asked Occupational Health what I should be doing and insisted he ask the doctor about his cough. Why are people not understanding they have a responsibility not to endanger those around them? It's not a difficult concept, but so many people seem to just not be getting it and acting like the whole thing only affects them.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Been sent home to self isolate for 2 weeks because my brother has symptoms and was in the house a couple of days. People in the house acting like I touted on him when I asked Occupational Health what I should be doing and insisted he ask the doctor about his cough. Why are people not understanding they have a responsibility not to endanger those around them? It's not a difficult concept, but so many people seem to just not be getting it and acting like the whole thing only affects them.
Yep. I did the same after my sister came through town. Felt it was better to disclose to my boss rather than not say anything We're already working from home and it wasn't like we were gonna be back in the office in two weeks.

I said before this virus has evolved perfectly to rip through our society. It's not attacking our way of life, it thrives on it.

Art Vandelay

Yep. I did the same after my sister came through town. Felt it was better to disclose to my boss rather than not say anything We're already working from home and it wasn't like we were gonna be back in the office in two weeks.

I said before this virus has evolved perfectly to rip through our society. It's not attacking our way of life, it thrives on it.
Yeah and it's really showing up those who only care about themselves. The modern world is the perfect place for it to spread. It would be hard to find a better time for it to thrive with the way we live and travel now.

I'm surprised at how quickly people are cracking with the lockdown. I'm seeing some people in a whole new light with how badly they are handling things.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
As some of you know Ive been feeling much better but my fecking manager is ringing me daily saying I should be back in work now.

I rung him on saturday and told him that 111 advised me not to go in work this week as I was still coughing but he apparently thinks I'm fine to return to work and according to him having a cough means I'm over the worst of it.

Art Vandelay

As some of you know Ive been feeling much better but my fecking manager is ringing me daily saying I should be back in work now.

I rung him on saturday and told him that 111 advised me not to go in work this week as I was still coughing but he apparently thinks I'm fine to return to work and according to him having a cough means I'm over the worst of it.
Bloody hell, it's not about being over the worst of it. It's about not spreading it on to other people. He's an idiot.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
That's a good point, she reported a shooting pain when she moved on her left lung side. As she's mostly been sitting/lying for two weeks it could be wind. Thanks will check.
Any progress? Hoping you've confirmed what the issue by now buddy.

Carolina Red

Staff
My wife, along with the rest of the day shift ICU/Covid ward staff was informed today that they've been exposed to it through a coworker. So, I guess when she comes home today that'll mean I've been exposed to it too. Time will tell.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
My wife, along with the rest of the day shift ICU/Covid ward staff was informed today that they've been exposed to it through a coworker. So, I guess when she comes home today that'll mean I've been exposed to it too. Time will tell.
Sincere best wishes. Am sure it will be unpleasant but also that you and your wife have the strength to fight the virus like vast majority of the planet.

Last edited:

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

Tell him you’re still in a contagious period, so unless he wants to be responsible for everyone else coming down then it’s best you don’t come in. It’s just about being responsible

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Looking for some online advice here, can't get anything online other than washing my fricking hands. :rolleyes: My daughter who's had severe chest pains (down the middle mainly) for 17 days is today feeling a bit of pain in her left lung when she moves. Breathing doesn't seem to have changed, she's not gasping, so some good news. Been on hold to 111 service for the past hour. Cause for calling 999 yet, is there a risk this could escalate quickly?
As per reports, in some cases patients do recover and then get sick again. Didn't she get tested for corona?

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Any progress? Hoping you've confirmed what the issue by now buddy.
Thanks. She sat up and is claiming the shooting pain is moving around, left side of chest and right side (but always remaining constant in the middle tree). In a way that's a small relief that one lung wasn't getting battered. I'm less distressed.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Hopefully you won't get it or hardly feel it. Take care of yourself and the wife.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Best wishes. Remember statistics are heavily on your side.

Carolina Red

Staff

dannyrhinos89

@Art Vandelay
@golden_blunder

I literally told him today that the 111 girl told me not to go in this week due to me coughing but he seems to think he knows better. He basically said at this point i should've seen a doctor or be back at work.

another colleague is back in work despite coughing still. Do you know the funny thing is I'm a postman so I'd be handling thousands of pieces of mail daily too. I try be responsible but the fact is I'm coughing then I'd be touching peoples letters.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
@Art Vandelay
@golden_blunder

I literally told him today that the 111 girl told me not to go in this week due to me coughing but he seems to think he knows better. He basically said at this point i should've seen a doctor or be back at work.

another colleague is back in work despite coughing still. Do you know the funny thing is I'm a postman so I'd be handling thousands of pieces of mail daily too. I try be responsible but the fact is I'm coughing then I'd be touching peoples letters.
Yeah it’s madness to expect you back in a job like that!
how the fcuk are you going to get to see a gp? Ours is only taking phone calls and you only get to see them if you have symptoms. Can you get a sick note over the phone?
Can you take it to a HR person or something?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

Tell him he's not a doctor and to go feck himself.

hp88

How long have you been off for ?

It's two weeks at my place as soon as you show one of the symptoms. Someone in my team got told not to bother coming in until this all settles as his wife is pregnant at the moment.

Think the government should have set some guidelines as it seems like certain employers just aren't taking this seriously enough.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Do you know the funny thing is I'm a postman so I'd be handling thousands of pieces of mail daily too. I try be responsible but the fact is I'm coughing then I'd be touching peoples letters.
Wow. Thats changes things massively!!

Surely the Post Office must have issued very strict regulations in place, as its one of the few remaining ways to cause mass infections!

I'd do a courtesy check in with your Post Office medical team and HR team to establish what the protocol is (cc your boss but be polite and non confrontational.

Neo_Mufc

I had a fever from Saturday but my temps seems to have resolved but other symptoms that don't seem to go away are ;

Loss of taste
Loss of appetite (eat once at night)
Lethargic
Breathing is more slow
Sometimes my chest does feel a bit uncomfortable.

I called in sick last 2 days. I'm wfh but don't know when to go back. I feel fine but I'm not.

dannyrhinos89

@golden_blunder

I'll be speaking to my union man when I get back to work next Monday if he continues to hassle me the rest of this week, I'll take it further with a grievance. I did try my doctors when I was at my worst but I gave up as the queue was huge. Plus I would prefer older people get the attention rather than me.

@hp88

I'm into my second week off work but last week when I was really ill was annual leave for me so I've only actually been on sick leave for 2 days as of now.

@sammsky1

You'd think so but no. Getting mail delivered is always priority, the workers come second. They like to make out they do care but it's all talk, they're quite happy to cram 25 of us in close proximity for a few hours each morning to sort up mail then they're happy for us to deliver it. In our office they haven't provided us with hand sanitizer or gloves to use. Personally I also deliver to an old people home on my duty so why on earth would I want to risk passing anything to them.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
@Art Vandelay
@golden_blunder

He’s probably not the one to talk to. Your boss’ boss or some sort or some official with the health authorities. Your boss’ ignorance is dangerously reckless.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I have a persistent dry cough and shortness of breath. Well it feels like a shortness of breath. My throat feels like it has closed in a little bit so in trying cough it better if that makes sense. I've no other symptoms i.e fever, body aches or anything like that. I've not been in contact with anyone since Thursday, except for my mum who is staying in the same household, she has only been to the shop and back really. She has no symptoms.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I had no energy last week. Tried to go for a run a couple of times and was fecked after less than half a km. Have felt a sore throat on and off but it's only been to the point where I question if I'm imagining it. Had a slight dry cough yesterday but that seems to have gone. I can't tell if I'm just imagining it all or genuinely have something/it on a majorly un-severe scale.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
@Dumbstar

I’m sure it’s one of those things that doesn’t need saying but I’ll say it anyway, I’ll take the banter to the limits with you over the league title and what not in the football forum but it’s only ever that - crappy banter over a football rivalry - we’re all on the same team outside of Football and it’s tough reading that the virus has caught up with your family like that.

I’ve got all my fingers and toes crossed for you pal*

*Which isn’t as many as if I came from certain parts of Liverpool but hopefully it will count for something** :)

**Sorry, I can’t help myself, even when being sincere :(

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I had no energy last week. Tried to go for a run a couple of times and was fecked after less than half a km. Have felt a sore throat on and off but it's only been to the point where I question if I'm imagining it. Had a slight dry cough yesterday but that seems to have gone. I can't tell if I'm just imagining it all or genuinely have something/it on a majorly un-severe scale.
It does sound like you have had it and if you have you’ll be one of the lucky ones. Got to wait for those antibody tests I guess?

Art Vandelay

@Art Vandelay
@golden_blunder

That is quite frankly mental and massively irresponsible of him. He has a duty of care not to be spreading it around the workplace or where you're delivering to. I'd be contacting HR and your union rep today as you don't know how many people are being forced to come in with symptoms. It's endangering yourselves, your families and everyone you deliver mail to. You might be best getting to speak to your gp too if you can just to cover yourself.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
@golden_blunder

I'll be speaking to my union man when I get back to work next Monday if he continues to hassle me the rest of this week, I'll take it further with a grievance. I did try my doctors when I was at my worst but I gave up as the queue was huge. Plus I would prefer older people get the attention rather than me.

@hp88

I'm into my second week off work but last week when I was really ill was annual leave for me so I've only actually been on sick leave for 2 days as of now.

@sammsky1

You'd think so but no. Getting mail delivered is always priority, the workers come second. They like to make out they do care but it's all talk, they're quite happy to cram 25 of us in close proximity for a few hours each morning to sort up mail then they're happy for us to deliver it. In our office they haven't provided us with hand sanitizer or gloves to use. Personally I also deliver to an old people home on my duty so why on earth would I want to risk passing anything to them.
How you feeling today? Better I hope.

Do you mind playing the role of 'whistle blower'? How would you feel about writing to your MP, and also to Government departments, and perhaps current CEO of PO.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Thanks. She sat up and is claiming the shooting pain is moving around, left side of chest and right side (but always remaining constant in the middle tree). In a way that's a small relief that one lung wasn't getting battered. I'm less distressed.
What symptoms today? Any clearer getting to a diagnosis?

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
What symptoms today? Any clearer getting to a diagnosis?
@Pexbo, thanks, I think. :p

Sammy, went for last resort steam inhalation thing last night and it's made a considerable difference. Going to give her steam treatment 3 times a day to hopefully clear this thing up once and for all. Left lung problem not there for now which is the major relief. Pain in the centre of the chest is slightly less pronounced now as well.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
@Pexbo, thanks, I think. :p

Sammy, went for last resort steam inhalation thing last night and it's made a considerable difference. Going to give her steam treatment 3 times a day to hopefully clear this thing up once and for all. Left lung problem not there for now which is the major relief. Pain in the centre of the chest is slightly less pronounced now as well.
I sent your posts to my sister who is working in covid19 frontline NHS right now.

She says it doesn’t sound like covid19 symptoms and suggested you visit GP, as it’s likely another issue.

Last edited:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
It does sound like you have had it and if you have you’ll be one of the lucky ones. Got to wait for those antibody tests I guess?
I hear what you're saying - I'm incredibly powerful and probably invincible.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
We decided today we probably don't have it as we've been isolating since the 21st really and have felt ok. Only shopping trips.

Did a big shopping trip today and even though there's an improvement, there's still the odd few people just completely ignoring the rules and coming right up next to you to grab something off a shelf. Pisses me right off that people will probably die because of these dumb fecks. I guess the isolation counter resets again now since everyone loves being all up in my space.

Woodzy

Not feeling amazing at the moment. No cough, but very slight temperature and general lack of energy.

It makes you so paranoid though, i'd say on average I get some sort of 'bug' 3/4 times a year so it could be anything really, but the slightest moment of not feeling right and you automatically worry you have this killer virus.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
We decided today we probably don't have it as we've been isolating since the 21st really and have felt ok. Only shopping trips.

Did a big shopping trip today and even though there's an improvement, there's still the odd few people just completely ignoring the rules and coming right up next to you to grab something off a shelf. Pisses me right off that people will probably die because of these dumb fecks. I guess the isolation counter resets again now since everyone loves being all up in my space.
I wouldn't go that far, Solius. Maintain your end of the social distancing, that's all. Isolation is only something to consider if you've had or are definitive high risk exposure.

Oldyella

Had flu a couple of weeks back, and I'm unsure if it was covid or not but have never had flu like it before. Had a cough for a few weeks beforehand and then It peaked for around 3 days where I was a zombie, barely able to move or hold a conversation. Still have a slight cough now that cant quite shake but that aside feel much better.

Saw my gp when it started getting worse as this was in build up to getting really serious in uk and they didnt think it was covid but weren't keen on getting close enough to check me after initially asking me to come in. Friend is a nurse on frontline of covid support who thought it was. "If theres a global pandemic and you have all the symptoms, chances are that's what it is" was his thinking.

People feeling generally lethargic need to remember being locked inside 24 hours a day will do that to you.