Gaming Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare II

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
What’s it about?

Bosws87

Looked very much like the environment from the first mission on COD 4.

Well passed being interested in Call of Duty, i'm sure it will be as stupidly popular as ever though.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Looked very much like the environment from the first mission on COD 4.

Well passed being interested in Call of Duty, i'm sure it will be as stupidly popular as ever though.
There was a tanker sort mission in the second one as well, it looked like a mix between those 2 i think.

Deery

Dreary
Never bought Vanguard as it didn’t look great but will get this, Call of Duty Warzone is basically all I play, will be good to get some decent multiplayer again like in MW. I hope the grind isn’t to bad and they bring out another City map for WZ.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Never bought Vanguard as it didn’t look great but will get this, Call of Duty Warzone is basically all I play, will be good to get some decent multiplayer again like in MW. I hope the grind isn’t to bad and they bring out another City map for WZ.
Same things I'm hoping for basically. And I'm pretty sure it's what they'll go back to as it's what was successful for them. Engagement numbers dropped massively with Vanguard and Caldera

Swedish_Plumber

I really hope they give this game a chance before the inevitable attention swing to Warzone 2.

MW 2019 multiplayer was good fun but hardly any changes were made to it in the wake of warzones popularity.

Would be a shame to see multiplayer take a back seat on a a game where it’s original version was the peak of Cod multiplayer.

P-Nut

I really hope they give this game a chance before the inevitable attention swing to Warzone 2.

MW 2019 multiplayer was good fun but hardly any changes were made to it in the wake of warzones popularity.

Would be a shame to see multiplayer take a back seat on a a game where it’s original version was the peak of Cod multiplayer.
Warzone2 is rumoured for this year so can't see that being the case. It'll be a quick grind and then over to warzone for most people

Swedish_Plumber

Warzone2 is rumoured for this year so can't see that being the case. It'll be a quick grind and then over to warzone for most people
I think you’re right there. Shame as the inevitable remade MW2 maps have some serious potential.

I did love Verdansk myself. But Warzone 2 is gonna have to be significantly better than Caldera for me to stick with it.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
Caldera is fecking rubbish. Bring back Verdansk. When we play Warzone now (not nearly as much as we used to) we mostly play rebirth.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Not played COD for years, got a few on sale and never bothered, couple off ps plus I think too. MW2 does look good though.

Tbh, I'm not a multiplayer gamer anyway as I get battered so just generally go through the campaign for some quick fun.

Love coop games though and this has something like spec ops to coop?

AaronRedDevil

Not played COD for years, got a few on sale and never bothered, couple off ps plus I think too. MW2 does look good though.

Tbh, I'm not a multiplayer gamer anyway as I get battered so just generally go through the campaign for some quick fun.

Love coop games though and this has something like spec ops to coop?
Only the MW series is worth getting. The rest is rubbish. I did hear this MW2 is gonna have spec ops. Dunno if it’s online co op too. I hope it is. Loved the spec ops in the old MW2.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

It will work alongside it though. Most people play the mp to easily level the guns for wz anyway. Or they did with MW and CW. I reckon it dropped off massively for Vanguard.

ShinjiNinja26

The last COD I properly played was Black ops 2, I feel it’s went right downhill since then. I also hate that war zone shite which now seems to be the main focus of the game. Will wait and see what it’s like upon release though and decide if it’s worth picking up.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
I don’t think I could go back to COD after playing Insurgency - I so much prefer a more measured, ‘realistic’ experience.

I bought Hell Let Loose but haven’t been able put any time into it yet.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I don’t think I could go back to COD after playing Insurgency - I so much prefer a more measured, ‘realistic’ experience.

I bought Hell Let Loose but haven’t been able put any time into it yet.
Been meaning to try insurgency, think you were the one who recommended it in here before

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Beta out tomorrow for Xbox and PC.

Looking forward to this as enjoyed the last MW. All the other ones since have been pap.

jasT1981

Got to play it last weekend without a pre-order as Sky VIP were giving away codes.

Really enjoyed it, will be playing more from tomorrow. Feels like COD again, Vanguard really put me off and I stopped after season 2.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Are they literally just remaking the same games now?

I mean they were pretty much already doing that tbf but they really being brazen with it now it seems.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Are they literally just remaking the same games now?

I mean they were pretty much already doing that tbf but they really being brazen with it now it seems.
It's a fair bit different like. And IF's COD is way better than any of the others, imho. They're made by someone different each year and run on different engines. The last MW by IF came out in 2019. Black Ops and Vanguard, both made by different developers, were turd. This will hopefully be good again.

Last edited:

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
It's a fair bit different like. And IF's COD is way better than any of the others, imho. They're made by someone different each year and run on different engines. The last MW by IF came out in 2019.
IF? I vaguely remember Infinity Ward games being the betters ones back when I played, I think Black Ops 2 was the last one I played, I just got bored with it.

I tried to go back and play online once but felt like I’d just picked up a controller for the first time in my life and was playing against professionals so quickly got fed up with that again.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
IF? I vaguely remember Infinity Ward games being the betters ones back when I played, I think Black Ops 2 was the last one I played, I just got bored with it.

I tried to go back and play online once but felt like I’d just picked up a controller for the first time in my life and was playing against professionals so quickly got fed up with that again.
Can be hard but you get up to speed. The matchmaking was pretty strong in the last one. Too strong to be honest, so if you did well you'd sometimes end up struggling the next game, but if you do shit it should be easier. The key is playing with mates who are a bit turd to bring the lobbies down :lol:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Got to play it last weekend without a pre-order as Sky VIP were giving away codes.

Really enjoyed it, will be playing more from tomorrow. Feels like COD again, Vanguard really put me off and I stopped after season 2.
That's good to know. Yeah Vanguard was crap. Only played it on F2P weekends. Black Ops also dire for me too.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Can be hard but you get up to speed. The matchmaking was pretty strong in the last one. Too strong to be honest, so if you did well you'd sometimes end up struggling the next game, but if you do shit it should be easier. The key is playing with mates who are a bit turd to bring the lobbies down :lol:
:lol:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Only played a couple games but I’m not sure about it at all. The movement feels awful. Lack of smoothness with speed and with sliding being so crap you now have everyone jumping like idiots around every corner.

It doesn’t feel or look like Modern Warfare to me. Closer to Black Ops without everything that was slick about MW.
Concerning that WZ2 is going to play like this.

I’ll give it some time, but not a great first impression.

P-Nut

Only played a couple games but I’m not sure about it at all. The movement feels awful. Lack of smoothness with speed and with sliding being so crap you now have everyone jumping like idiots around every corner.

It doesn’t feel or look like Modern Warfare to me. Closer to Black Ops without everything that was slick about MW.
Concerning that WZ2 is going to play like this.

I’ll give it some time, but not a great first impression.
I'm the opposite I'm glad they've slowed the movement down and stopped the people snaking around the map at turbo speed.

I've always been more of a S&D player than an all out rusher so it suits my style more. It is a big change though so I expect there to be a lot of complaints.

P-Nut

My own complaints is how on earth you level up guns. I've got some guns to max level within a couple of hours, but there is loads still locked on the gun

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I'm the opposite I'm glad they've slowed the movement down and stopped the people snaking around the map at turbo speed.

I've always been more of a S&D player than an all out rusher so it suits my style more. It is a big change though so I expect there to be a lot of complaints.
I’ve played it more now and got on with it a little more. With a few changes it could be decent. Did play some Rebirth afterwards though and it’s so much smoother. It’s a shame they’ve made it less slick.

One problem, with effectively removing sliding, slide cancelling, as well as reducing movement speed making it difficult to manoeuvre out of trouble, everyone that’s decent is just bunny hopping everywhere, which is going to get old fast.

My own complaints is how on earth you level up guns. I've got some guns to max level within a couple of hours, but there is loads still locked on the gun
The whole UI is a but a nightmare. Because of that I can’t tell if guns not levelling is a bug or I’m doing something wrong.

The Hurricane SMG is v good. Have you tried that?
Heard the Lachmann 556 is very nice too.

mitChley

The thing I'm most hopeful/excited for. Nothing more annoying that playing against controller players slide cancelling around maps while the aim assist locks onto you.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Started the early access campaign last night. Pretty good so far. Anyone else on it?

Plays well and looks lovely on PS5 version, great lighting and atmospheric effects.

RedDevilRoshi

Started the early access campaign last night. Pretty good so far. Anyone else on it?

Plays well and looks lovely on PS5 version, great lighting and atmospheric effects.
Is it just the campaign you can play this early and all the other modes are locked until next Friday?

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Is it just the campaign you can play this early and all the other modes are locked until next Friday?
Yeah but that's ok, something new to play and practice before the MP takes over my life :)

I've been hammering the old (2019) MP for the last few weeks and remembered how addictive it is!