Gaming Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (PC, PS4, Xbox One)

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Anyone tried the AUG? Fancy levelling it but not sure it’ll be better than my trusty AMAX. Shame that’s become the out and out meta now because it’ll just get nerfed. Been using it for time before the DMR.

Apparently the Cold War mp5 beats the Mac10 too?

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Anyone tried the AUG? Fancy levelling it but not sure it’ll be better than my trusty AMAX. Shame that’s become the out and out meta now because it’ll just get nerfed. Been using it for time before the DMR.

Apparently the Cold War mp5 beats the Mac10 too?
Not yet but I wanna level up and try the Aug, M16, and FFAR.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Last night we saw a guy trying to pick his mate up in a truck sort of out in the open. Sniped his mate before he managed to jump in. Then the driver jumps out to revive. We couldn't get them because there was a bit of a hill obstructing them while down. So his freshly revived mate tries to jump in the driver's seat and I down him again. This happens two more times with either me or my mate downing one of them and the other going to revive. Like a sketch.

Eventually we kill em both and the guy goes "yep yep, they're definitely cheating".

Felt good yo :lol:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Thoughts on Bullfrog in wz? I used it with stopping power in a stairwell before and it was like playing hardcore.

Santos J

Thoughts on Bullfrog in wz? I used it with stopping power in a stairwell before and it was like playing hardcore.
Just ranked that up yesterday to try it, seems alright, feels like more of a close range AR I'd run with a sniper or something though than an SMG.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Just ranked that up yesterday to try it, seems alright, feels like more of a close range AR I'd run with a sniper or something though than an SMG.
According to this it beats most stuff if you get a headshot in there. CW mp5 might be a bit more usable though.

Also, totally unrelated but this is mad if right, although unsurprising.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
According to this it beats most stuff if you get a headshot in there. CW mp5 might be a bit more usable though.

Also, totally unrelated but this is mad if right, although unsurprising.

I dunno, seems a bit conspiracy to me.

Like surely the people who make purchases are generally more invested in the game than people who don't and therefore probably put a lot more time and effort into it anyway thus would probably be better in general ergo their K/D would naturally be higher than a more casual player?

Put it this way, a lot of the really top teams we come across that trounce usually tend to have those stupid expensive jigsaw or gold man suits or whatever that you have to explicitly pay for.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I dunno, seems a bit conspiracy to me.

Like surely the people who make purchases are generally more invested in the game than people who don't and therefore probably put a lot more time and effort into it anyway thus would probably be better in general ergo their K/D would naturally be higher than a more casual player?

Put it this way, a lot of the really top teams we come across that trounce usually tend to have those stupid expensive jigsaw or gold man suits or whatever that you have to explicitly pay for.
But it’s showing the average kd of the lobbies goes down? I don’t think it’s that wild really. I think it’d be naive to think there aren’t algorithms going on behind the scenes, especially subconsciously and subtly rewarding people spending money.

People have found some interesting stuff in Activision patents too such as on the fly aim assist changes. That’s beyond conspiracy level as it’s in writing. Whether it’s been implemented yet I’m not sure.

It’s all obviously designed to keep as many people playing and spending money as possible, so I definitely think it could be happening. Why wouldn’t it on some level?

What’s weird about all these things and sbmm in general is it causes a lot of frustration, for all levels, but it must work to some extent.

Last edited:

Massive Spanner

But it’s showing the average kd of the lobbies goes down? I don’t think it’s that wild really. I think it’d be naive to think there aren’t algorithms going on behind the scenes. People have found some interesting stuff in Activision patents such as on the fly aim assist changes.
Yeah maybe.. I dunno really to be honest. I've never bought anything other than the original battle pass and it seems fair for me.

Although come to think of it, my absolutely rubbish mate played with us for the first time last week (and his first time therefore he has no purchases at all, and he still doesn't have a kill to his name) and we were getting fecking diamond lobbies regularly which would never normally happen so.. who knows!

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Yeah maybe.. I dunno really to be honest. I've never bought anything other than the original battle pass and it seems fair for me.

Although come to think of it, my absolutely rubbish mate played with us for the first time last week (and his first time therefore he has no purchases at all, and he still doesn't have a kill to his name) and we were getting fecking diamond lobbies regularly which would never normally happen so.. who knows!
That is strange. It should in theory be protecting a new player with sbmm, to keep them interested and hopefully spending money down the line. That’s the whole point of it.

Judging by all the issues with the game I guess it could be shoddily implemented though.

Massive Spanner

That is strange. It should in theory be protecting a new player with sbmm, to keep them interested and hopefully spending money down the line. That’s the whole point of it.

Judging by all the issues with the game I guess it could be shoddily implemented though.
Yeah that's what I thought, here was me bracing in for a piss easy night of games and we got slaughtered :lol:

Bosws87

Standard practice that if a very low player is with higher ranks you will face higher opponents to eliminate the chance of boosting a player way below easily. It’s like that in nearly all ranked competitive games

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Standard practice that if a very low player is with higher ranks you will face higher opponents to eliminate the chance of boosting a player way below easily. It’s like that in nearly all ranked competitive games
That’s kinda the whole point of sbmm though. And games get noticeably easier when my 0.32 mate plays with us. At least in trios. Quads is too much to carry someone that bad most of the time.

Unless in this case it’s to stop someone using a new account to reverse boost.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Someone showed it in the patent

https://patents.google.com/patent/US20160005270A1/en

This part clearly isn't working:

To fine-tune the matchmaking process, the system may include an analytics and feedback engine that analyzes player and match data to determine whether a given match was good. A match may be deemed “good” when a player is determined to have enjoyed gameplay associated with the match based on one or more quality factors that are used as a proxy for player satisfaction. The quality factors may include, for example, a duration of a gameplay session (e.g., via analysis of player historical data), player psychological state (e.g., frustration level), and/or other information.

This bit is weird:

According to one aspect of the invention, the matchmaking may be used to manage NPCs. For example, the system may be used to select/generate a NPC to fill a gap in a clan or team, generate a team or clan of NPCs, analyze NPCs post-game session to identify successful NPCs, and/or perform other actions with respect to NPCs.

Last edited:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
@Massive Spanner this part could explain why your mate made things worse

For instance, the system may match a more expert/marquee player with a junior player to encourage the junior player to make game-related purchases of items possessed/used by the marquee player. A junior player may wish to emulate the marquee player by obtaining weapons or other items used by the marquee player.

Massive Spanner

@Massive Spanner this part could explain why your mate made things worse
Could do, I would have thought they'd only do something like that for randoms though, not when I explicitly invite a friend?

Like I said, none of us had anything other than battle pass gear ourselves anyway!

Or wait do you mean the marquee player is the player we are up against? How confusing!

Santos J

Someone showed it in the patent

https://patents.google.com/patent/US20160005270A1/en

This part clearly isn't working:

This bit is weird:
It's dodgy but it's old news so not a WZ specific thing and the patent specifies more of a "pay to win" type entice to buy thing than just a cosmetic one, thankfully there's no buying actual guns and shit in this otherwise no doubt it''d have a massive effect. It was with Destiny that people first found it and Activision did deny it, not that that really means much.

Santos J

Quick someones out the window let's all have a look

Diamond 4 lobby apparently but not sure about that one :lol:

Santos J

Don't want to start another pistol thing after the diamatti's got nerfed but used these for a laugh and they're actually ridiculous :lol:

Slevs

Quads game. Guy snipes me 600m headshot while im flying in the air.

Of course, hackers. One has 44 kills, the other 33, the 3rd guy 29, and the 4th 37.

One guy's name was literally "THEY CAN'T BAN ME"

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Quads game. Guy snipes me 600m headshot while im flying in the air.

Of course, hackers. One has 44 kills, the other 33, the 3rd guy 29, and the 4th 37.

One guy's name was literally "THEY CAN'T BAN ME"
But redlambs said it’s just your imagination

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
When I'm playing Zombies 'The Five' on the network on my PS3, am I only playing with people on other PS3 or can newer consoles access those servers?

Slevs

But redlambs said it’s just your imagination
It just drives me mad tbh.

One of the virgins, upon getting abused by practically the entire lobby at the end, said "feck you all, if I get banned I'll make a new account and feck you all again."

How much of a dickhead or abused as a child does someone have to be to end up like this?

Sanchez7

Ran into hackers in 4 out of the 10 games yesterday. One of guy's name was just "Hacker" :lol:

I play on PC due to higher FPS and FOV but also own a PS5. A few of the guys in my squad are getting a PS5 soon and we are looking forward to playing with crossplay off. I am also convinced that apart from obvious aim bots, there are players with wall hacks etc that aren't so obvious.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
It just drives me mad tbh.

One of the virgins, upon getting abused by practically the entire lobby at the end, said "feck you all, if I get banned I'll make a new account and feck you all again."

How much of a dickhead or abused as a child does someone have to be to end up like this?
Yeah it’s so weird. Especially when they love making it obvious and being a cnut. I sort of get that some want to feel good at the game, or cheat in the tournaments where there’s money on the line, or just look better on stream where there’s money involved (like they’re shithouses still but I can see how they get there), but when they just revel in being a massive cnut...it’s very odd.

It’s shit that we can’t turn crossplay off on Xbox. Sure, there’s still probably loads of Cronus users but it’s better than wallhacks and aimbot

Slevs

Ran into hackers in 4 out of the 10 games yesterday. One of guy's name was just "Hacker" :lol:

I play on PC due to higher FPS and FOV but also own a PS5. A few of the guys in my squad are getting a PS5 soon and we are looking forward to playing with crossplay off. I am also convinced that apart from obvious aim bots, there are players with wall hacks etc that aren't so obvious.
Just look at FB streamers getting exposed all the time.

Or the bot lobby cheating topic that came up a few weeks ago, after which activision amended all accounts to become private (surprise surprise).

I saw a guy streaming live on fb with aimbot and wall hacks. Sad thing was he had 1.3k people watching.

This game and any "competitive" aspect to it is a farce. Just try to enjoy it as much as you can. If people are making money off it, kudos. Its not clean money for most of them and what goes around comes around.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
This game and any "competitive" aspect to it is a farce. Just try to enjoy it as much as you can. If people are making money off it, kudos. Its not clean money for most of them and what goes around comes around.
Didn’t that nickmercs just quit tournaments because there’s too much cheating?

Have you that symphuny bellend? He’s clearly cheating yet has a whole horde of followers sticking up for him constantly. He wins big money in tourneys as well.

Santos J

Didn’t that nickmercs just quit tournaments because there’s too much cheating?

Have you that symphuny bellend? He’s clearly cheating yet has a whole horde of followers sticking up for him constantly. He wins big money in tourneys as well.
I can't stand him but Symfuhnny ain't cheating

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I always see people say he just does flicks all the time and gets lucky. No way that’s true. No one can do that. He started doing random flicks when he started to get called out, to cover it up. He plays up to it now and people fall for it.

If it were legit all the best players would be doing similar, so he’s either the best, most aware player in the world with a six sense or something is awry.

Last edited:

Santos J

I always see people say he just does flicks all the time and gets lucky. No way that’s true. No one can do that. He started doing random flicks when he started to get called out, to cover it up. He plays up to it now and people fall for it.

If it were legit all the best players would be doing similar, so he’s either the best, most aware player in the world with a six sense or something is awry.

Yeah I've seen all the videos and stuff but there's really nothing that screams blatant hacks, he's just good and has good aim, all the "best players" who play on PC do just as similar stuff. I know loads are convinced he does and stuff but playing on PC and seeing a lot of it it's pretty obvious he doesn't.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Yeah I've seen all the videos and stuff but there's really nothing that screams blatant hacks, he's just good and has good aim, all the "best players" who play on PC do just as similar stuff. I know loads are convinced he does and stuff but playing on PC and seeing a lot of it it's pretty obvious he doesn't.
I’ve never seen anyone who he’s competing with in tourneys doing that locking on behind walls like that though. Surely they’d be the same level and also doing it? Most of them play on pc as well

Santos J

I’ve never seen anyone who he’s competing with in tourneys doing that locking on behind walls like that though. Surely they’d be the same level and also doing it? Most of them play on pc as well
It's not snappy enough to be aim lock in the first one. Yeah most play on PC but 75% use controller so it's not really the same, there's just people who are good aimers like him and Shroud on other games, Beaulo on R6 etc who do shit like that all the time, when it happens it does look dodgy at times but really if you're used to M&K and good it's pretty normal and doesn't look weird to someone else who's used to it.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
It's not snappy enough to be aim lock in the first one. Yeah most play on PC but 75% use controller so it's not really the same, there's just people who are good aimers like him and Shroud on other games, Beaulo on R6 etc who do shit like that all the time, when it happens it does look dodgy at times but really if you're used to M&K and good it's pretty normal and doesn't look weird to someone else who's used to it.
Even if we ignore aimbot, how does he know exactly where everyone is standing behind walls and why is he flicking to them even when he can't hit them sometimes?

Santos J

Even if we ignore aimbot, how does he know exactly where everyone is standing behind walls?
Not seen any where it really looks like he does, the last video half of them are pretty standard "game sense" spots they'd be in or you could hear them and the others he misses about 5 times prefiring random spots before hitting once and people just ignore that and focus on the 1 that hit by the looks of it.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Not seen any where it really looks like he does, the last video half of them are pretty standard "game sense" spots they'd be in or you could hear them and the others he misses about 5 times prefiring random spots before hitting once and people just ignore that and focus on the 1 that hit by the looks of it.
The first clip in that last video - he doesn’t know someone is in the middle of the building. Why would his aim jump there instantly?

Having watched a fair number of streamers recently who play on mnk, I’ve never seen anyone doing that?