Gaming Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (PC, PS4, Xbox One)

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
How does one get into open beta or is that done now?

Paxi

Mightily impressed with this so far. The gameplay will be perfect with few minor tweaks. It’s definitely the best CoD since WaW and Modern Warfare 4 imo.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Downloaded the beta ready for 6pm then got called to go into work at 6pm! Wankers!

First COD I've been even remotely excited for since black ops I think. Shit at FPS games too but feck it!

Paxi

Downloaded the beta ready for 6pm then got called to go into work at 6pm! Wankers!

First COD I've been even remotely excited for since black ops I think. Shit at FPS games too but feck it!
It’s the best COD since MW4 imo. It’s fantastically fun without all the gimmicks.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
It’s the best COD since MW4 imo. It’s fantastically fun without all the gimmicks.
Yeah all the future shit in FPS games really put me off, hated wall running and these super power things.

Did enjoy Titanfall for some reason though.

Paxi

Yeah all the future shit in FPS games really put me off, hated wall running and these super power things.

Did enjoy Titanfall for some reason though.
Honestly, I’d take the beta as the full game for £25 quid. It’s so much fun — you’ve got hardly any campers. You’ve got revolving game modes and and only two or three maps to familiarise yourself with. I’ve not used tilting or sliding once yet but I’ve used double sprint a few times to get a tactical advantage. I’ve gotten amazing 3 kills in space of 1/1.5 seconds a couple of times in one night in that map with the railway tracks.

SMGs feel a bit overpowered whilst there’re isn’t much difference between an M4 and AK in terms of stopping power and accuracy but AK is noticeably different to carry, its longer to aim down the sights as well. They’ve definitely got the right idea but they need to tweak some things. Feel like flashbangs are the most satisfying kills again.

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
I'm really enjoying it and I'm a Battlefield vet, my most satisfying kills is randomly placed claymores catching people out.

Paxi

I'm really enjoying it and I'm a Battlefield vet, my most satisfying kills is randomly placed claymores catching people out.
It’s very rainbow six Vegas. Just set them up for a an instant kill. It does feel very ‘Battlefieldie’ if that’s a thing? Weapons systems have way more recoil, way slower to aim down the sights.. which is actually wrong because it should only be slightly slower for LMG to aim down the sights. Rifles and SMGs are absolutely negligible as they pretty much weigh the same and are the same in length. What should be changed is the fire rate but it would be incredibly hard to get it right imo. Still I love this beta and there is absolutely no question that’ll be getting this.

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
It’s very rainbow six Vegas. Just set them up for a an instant kill. It does feel very ‘Battlefieldie’ if that’s a thing? Weapons systems have way more recoil, way slower to aim down the sights.. which is actually wrong because it should only be slightly slower for LMG to aim down the sights. Rifles and SMGs are absolutely negligible as they pretty much weigh the same and are the same in length. What should be changed is the fire rate but it would be incredibly hard to get it right imo. Still I love this beta and there is absolutely no question that’ll be getting this.
You're more than welcome to join me

hobbers

Terrible game. Even for a Cod.

Kill times shorter than ever before, maps are hilariously bad, campy mess.

Castia

Just downloaded the open beta on pc

First CoD game in years for me, I'll report back later.

Castia

Anybody playing on PC?

Playing on high at around 80 fps but it seems blurry to me?

1440p resolution yet looks about 720. I cant seem to fix it.

Marcelinho87

Anybody playing on PC?

Playing on high at around 80 fps but it seems blurry to me?

1440p resolution yet looks about 720. I cant seem to fix it.
Yeah it's blurry as hell and it's been talked about all over, no fix I have found.

Also think the game is exactly the same as it has ever been and the Ground War is just a B-tech BF conquest.

Not for me I am afraid.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Ground War is absolute chaos. Not sure if in a good way, or bad. Only had two games of it, but it was nuts.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
I've not minded it so far.
TTK does definitely feel low and headshots are just insta kill but I've quite liked it.

The one thing that does just frustrate me is jump and drop shotting

binary bot
Ground war is fun. Basically a less clunky/more unrealistic Battlefield. Youre screwed if you have a shit team or squad.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Does this mean that we might get a World At War remake, or am I the only person who liked that game?

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Ground war is fun. Basically a less clunky/more unrealistic Battlefield. Youre screwed if you have a shit team or squad.
Once one team gets the upper hand it's completely over anyway, too many killstreakr before the other team can gather themselves.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Amen to that. Setting up bouncing betties and feeling elite with the M1 Garand rifle.
God yeah, I loved betties :lol:

I loved the gritty feeling of WaW.
The latest titles have all just looked so 'clean' and plastic. Maps just looked so artificial.
This new one has a gritty look to it, so I've got some hope.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
It was great, I remember buying the special edition to get the day 1 flamethrower - loved that game. I still had the huge tin box until I moved halfway round the world.
I remember putting off uni work a few times because I was hosting and racking up tons of kills. Good times.

Castia

I’m really enjoying it

I’ve never been a CoD plater and admittedly I’ve turned my nose up at it in the past but this one feels great. I’m not bothered about the other modes outside of team deathmatch and I’ll play the story, I’m gonna pre order.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I’m really enjoying it

I’ve never been a CoD plater and admittedly I’ve turned my nose up at it in the past but this one feels great. I’m not bothered about the other modes outside of team deathmatch and I’ll play the story, I’m gonna pre order.
How do you play without preordering? I thought the beta was for those who've preordered only.