Liverpool - H
Bournemouth - A
Newcastle - H
Burnley - H
Crystal Palace - A
Arsenal - H
Brighton - A
Sheffield Utd - H

Need at least 8 wins from 12 and 2 draws which is 26 points so finish on 70, that might get you 5th could get 4th but doubt it ?

The reality from these 12 games is probably 6 wins 1 draw 5 defeats. Which is 19 points so 63 finish and that’s 6th or 7th place, same way that we are running out of games to catch Villa, is the same way the teams bellow us have to make up 5 or 6 points it means that’s Newcastle, Chelsea, Wolves, West Ham and Brighton would need to probably get 25 points from 12 games or 28 from 13 in Chelsea case that’s 8 or 9 wins…..can’t see any of them getting that in the same way I can’t see United wining 8 or 9 of our last 12.

The Fulham game was a must win!

United Beyond Manchester

Money where mouths are: where will end up according to your projections?

To be revisited in May! Will be impressive if you nail a significant swing from our current position.
5th. Tottenham are bound to implode. However to reach it, we will definitely need to be healthier…

redmanx

How long are we going to say that it's the players binning the managers?
We've gotten rid and brought in quite a few over the years.. results have always been about the same (garbage compared to the the SAF years).
When Mourinho fell out with Pogba just about everbody sided with Pogba, but then Ole and Rangnick had problems with him and finally Ten Hag got shot of him. And Pogba has done nothing since. The same happened with Lindgard and then Martial, Shaw, Rashford, Van De Beek, and again they were not to blame, it was the managers fault they were not performing. A toxic atmosphere had formed at Old Trafford where certain players thought they were bigger than the club, and it didnt stop when Pogba and Lindgard went, the rot had set in and soon Sancho would be whining and whinging, and again it was all the managers fault, but now on loan to Dortmund it seems that Sancho is not impressing anybody there either. The rot set in several years ago and though some has been cut out theres more to do because we still have players who still think they are too big to be concerned about such trivial matters as results, the same players who didnt want to come in for training on Sunday, senior players, the reports Ive read claimed though no names have been mentioned, but theres little doubt who these "senior players" are. No manager can get results from players who, to put it simply, dont care.

Longlivekeano

Don’t care with position.

Just want us to play with positional discipline, good attacking football, patterns of play and get rid of all the deadwood (Lindelof, Onana, Maguire, Rashford…list goes on…)

reddyornot

Obviously City will be relegated, Liverpool will be done for overuse of Asthma treatments.
Arsenal will be Arsenal. as will Spurs for being Spurs.
So I won't get carried away, and say only second to Villa.

redshaw

6th

Could get 4th but we're too reliant on 3-4 players that are often injured or very young and risk being overused. Our playstyle is also knackering, we just don't have enough to slog it out unless those collapse around us. Really see us in a 5th to 7th range and the extra CL spot not coming to England.

The Fulham game was just appalling. Can barely think of any time we've played well expect maybe Villa second half albeit suicidal tactics from Emery and away to Spurs first half but couldn't find the net. The belief lost early in the team, fatigue and injuries just make this season a dead rubber and time for a clean sweep of Decrepit FC

Redstain

6th place on the premise of this summers activity including the potential purchase of Hojlund. Mount, Hojland and Onana not enough improvement on last season considering the weakness was the attack. It's smug of the club because it's basically saying Rashford's form will need to carry the team again which I don't see happening.
Called it back in July (23), transfer window didn't move the needle of the first team quality and what I didn't anticipate was the lack of balance tactically via the teams performances.

didz

Well let's see... We've won 77% of our games and it's a 50-50 split among the remaining 23% as to whether they were draws or losses. We have 12 PL games remaining. So the 2024 maths proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that we'll win about 9 and a quarter games, so about 27.75 points there, and get a draw and a bit from our remaining 3 matches. So call it about 29 points, which leaves us on 71 and should be enough to bag us top 4. Piece of piss really.

Throw in our inevitable FA Cup triumph and it's clear that we'll have had a great season so long as we can actually make it to the end with 11 fit players.

Andersons Dietician

Start of the season thought it would be a struggle to be top 8 and we’ve actually probably been better than I thought we would so I’ll say 6th.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
City - A - Loss
Everton - H - win
Brentford - A - Loss
Chelsea - A - Draw
Liverpool - H - Loss
Bournemouth - A - win
Newcastle - H - win
Burnley - H - win
Crystal Palace - A - win
Arsenal - H - loss
Brighton - A - draw
Sheffield Utd - H - win

My prediction 6 wins, 2 Draws, 4 losses

Doracle

City - A
Everton - H
Brentford - A
Chelsea - A
Liverpool - H
Bournemouth - A
Newcastle - H
Burnley - H
Crystal Palace - A
Arsenal - H
Brighton - A
Sheffield Utd - H

14 more points maybe?

Wins: Sheffield, Burnley, Newcastle and Everton

Draws: Palace and Bournemouth

Losses: City, Brentford, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal and Brighton

Would see us on 58 points, which was 10th last year.

Robertd0803

5th at best.
Relistically 6th.
More than likely 7th.
Anything below that I dont care and the only bonus is no Conference League.

That Fulham game killed everything. Win that and I have said pushing for 4th at least.

eire-red

Look nailed on for 6th at this stage. Next question:

Will we finish with a positive GD? I think likely low single digits, which is an even more damning stat against EtH and this team than our results and league position.

Devil81

We've got an horrific run of fixtures coming up. I think it's going to get worse given a lot of these players have shown previously once the season is over they really couldn't care less where they finish.

7th

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
What is the criteria for European qualification?

1-4 (or 1-5) - Champions League
5th (or 6th) - Europa League
6th (or 7th) - Conference league

Carling Cup winners - Conference League
FA cup winners - Europa League

Is this correct?

Devil81

Everton - H - win
Brentford - A - Loss
Chelsea - A - Loss
Liverpool - H - Loss
Bournemouth - A - Draw
Newcastle - H - Draw
Burnley - H - win
Crystal Palace - A - Draw
Arsenal - H - loss
Brighton - A - loss
Sheffield Utd - H - win

Bloody hell I just filled that out quickly with my genuine thought on each game and it has made for pretty scary reading. I genuinely think this lot will completely down tools and start their summer holidays early.

Hughes35

Look nailed on for 6th at this stage. Next question:

Will we finish with a positive GD? I think likely low single digits, which is an even more damning stat against EtH and this team than our results and league position.
Wow, finishing with a negative goal difference is a record that could stand for decades. Really would be a magnificent achievement.

Hughes35

Everton - H - win
Brentford - A - Loss
Chelsea - A - Loss
Liverpool - H - Loss
Bournemouth - A - Draw
Newcastle - H - Draw
Burnley - H - win
Crystal Palace - A - Draw
Arsenal - H - loss
Brighton - A - loss
Sheffield Utd - H - win

Bloody hell I just filled that out quickly with my genuine thought on each game and it has made for pretty scary reading. I genuinely think this lot will completely down tools and start their summer holidays early.
I think we will lose away to Bournemouth tbh

Dan_F

14 more points maybe?

Wins: Sheffield, Burnley, Newcastle and Everton

Draws: Palace and Bournemouth

Losses: City, Brentford, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal and Brighton

Would see us on 58 points, which was 10th last year.
We’re currently ahead of 9/12 of those teams in the table. It would take a big downturn in form to only take 14 points.

Doracle

We’re currently ahead of 9/12 of those teams in the table. It would take a big downturn in form to only take 14 points.
I think big downturn is an exaggeration. Three of the teams below us who we play away have already beaten us at home and the others are Brentford and Chelsea, which are never easy grounds for us. It’s a tough run of fixtures and there’s no real sign that our form is improving. If anything, we are outperforming our expected results over the season so far, so some balancing over the remaining matches might be expected.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Don't really have any expectations regarding final position now. Just show up in the Liverpool games to feck over Klopp's farewell parade.

Dan_F

I think big downturn is an exaggeration. Three of the teams below us who we play away have already beaten us at home and the others are Brentford and Chelsea, which are never easy grounds for us. It’s a tough run of fixtures and there’s no real sign that our form is improving. If anything, we are outperforming our expected results over the season so far, so some balancing over the remaining matches might be expected.
We’ve currently got 44 points from 27 games. 1.62 points per game.

You’re expecting 14 from 12, which is 1.16 PPG.

That’s a big downturn considering we were missing Casemiro and Mainoo for a chunk of that, and Hojlund wasn’t scoring. I don’t think you can simply say we lost to teams previously, so therefore we’re likely to lose again. Football never works like that. You’d have to look at who have midweek cup games before fixtures, form etc.

Doracle

We’ve currently got 44 points from 27 games. 1.62 points per game.

You’re expecting 14 from 12, which is 1.16 PPG.

That’s a big downturn considering we were missing Casemiro and Mainoo for a chunk of that, and Hojlund wasn’t scoring. I don’t think you can simply say we lost to teams previously, so therefore we’re likely to lose again. Football never works like that. You’d have to look at who have midweek cup games before fixtures, form etc.
Our expected points per game this season is 1.26 and the fixtures we have coming up look harder on average than we’ve had to date, plus factoring in that the team are likely to start to regard themselves as having nothing to play for. Sure, we may do better but I think my current predictions are reasonable given the current performance levels.

James35

I went 6th at best in the beginning of season. Still think that. We aren’t winning the FA Cup either.

Looking forward to the summer with hopefully a new manager and certain players put up for sale.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Spurs could collapse, I suppose.

Don't think Villa will (which sounds crazy, but there you are).

So, maybe 5th provided others actually collapse.

But more likely 6th or even 7th.

Old man Jim needs to read the above, by the way.

This is where Manchester United find themselves these days.