Call our final position in the PL table

Statue of Limitations

A comfortable 4th as we are too far behind the other 3 and way above the rest, Villa won't stay as high as they are but might grab 6th.

Cloud7

6th

I believe all of city, Liverpool, Arsenal, Villa and spurs will finished ahead of us, while no one behind us will do quite enough to catch up with us

Jezpeza

8th. After a small run of form we will be back to first half of season in my opinion. And I think Brighton and Newcastle have enough to catch us

Dazzmondo

I think Villa will finish 4th now. I do think 5th is possible, but I think we're unlikely to get it if we keep ETH. If we can find a manager willing to join before the end of the season, we could still qualify for the CL imo. Spurs have been massively overhyped this season. If we were playing anyway good at all, 5th would be there for the taking imo (hopefully that will mean CL football next season).

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
We probably have harder remaining fixtures than Spurs and Villa so very unlikely we are finishing above them.

EdinburghDevil

6th. Would have fancied us for 4th had we won yesterday and continued to build some momentum

Overhaul FC

5th but we qualify for Champions League because England gets one extra spot. Spurs to crumble because of a tough fixture list.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Italy still have 7/7 teams left in Europe and I can still Arsenal being knocked out, not looking like England will get the extra spot.
Two leagues will be rewarded with an extra place in next season's Champions League based on performance in Europe this season

This is the top 10 as of Feb. 22.

1. Italy, 15.571
2. Germany, 14.500
3. England, 13.875
4. France, 13.250
5. Spain, 13.187
6. Czechia, 12.750
7. Belgium, 12.400
8. Turkey, 11.000
9. Portugal, 9.833
10. Netherlands, 9.800

Although England remains third in the overall country co-efficient list, behind Italy and Germany, the surprise elimination of Eintracht Frankfurt from the Europa Conference League means there are only five Bundesliga sides left in European competitions, compared to England's six, with three of those teams in the Champions League, where it is tougher to gain ranking points.
As long as we do the business in the league 5th place should be enough.

Last edited:

Michael T

4th seems to be slipping away, but my heart won't let go just yet.
I think we'll still beat one of Spurs or Villa though, so hopefully still some Champions League participation and incoming cash for next season.

Bocca9978

Anywhere outside top 4. It’s offensive to think we should be in top 4.
10 defeats and counting.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Wolves have quite a nice fixture list that they could get quite a lot of wins from.

I can’t see United beating city, Brentford or Chelsea in the next 5 games and Everton is only a maybe with no Hojlund.

7th probably, unless Brighton get their players back and go on a run, then 8th. Absolute shite.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I think 4th is the only thing keeping our season somewhat alive. One we get 10+ points away from it, we’ll look even less arsed than we already do. Genuinely wouldn’t surprise me if we ended up 8th.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
5th or 6th depending on injuries now.

If we get back and keep fit Højlund soon the odds of 5th go up.

But currently we have no LB, no striker and our best CB out (that’s before we even consider no Mount etc)

Ace

6th I think. Plenty of points still to be gained but we’ll definitely drop plenty along the way.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
5th or 6th depending on injuries now.

If we get back and keep fit Højlund soon the odds of 5th go up.

But currently we have no LB, no striker and our best CB out (that’s before we even consider no Mount etc)
Who are the etc?

KGBhoy

6th. We'll have some decent results but not enough of a run to pull above Spurs and Villa.

Kingofwinners

My god I hope and believe 5th and will watch every match hoping for it. What have we become?

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Anything above 6th would be a shock tbh. I'd bet on that unless Spurs do the Spursy and we get 5th.

Given the way this season has gone, I'd expect that to be insufficient for CL but at least we might get our football torturer out of the club