Callum Hudson-Odoi

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
They didnt think Chelsea would reject that offer for someone who barely got a look in
I don't think we'll sell him this window, would leave us pretty short with no time to replace him.

The annoying thing about this is that he is actually getting more minutes than any 18 year old academy graduate at Chelsea I can remember. I can't think of another (just turned) 18 year old getting regular game time at a top 4 club. This guy is a year younger than your own Chong!

If Bayern come calling though I can't blame him.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
I don't think we'll sell him this window, would leave us pretty short with no time to replace him.

The annoying thing about this is that he is actually getting more minutes than any 18 year old academy graduate at Chelsea I can remember! If Bayern come calling though I can't blame him.
He should see that pedro and willian are 30 plus and both declining, has a real chance of breaking in the team if he knuckles down.

steakpie

We should definitely be in for him. I don't know what club he supported as a child but imagine if it was United.

duffer

Scout
He should see that pedro and willian are 30 plus and both declining, has a real chance of breaking in the team if he knuckles down.
History does not really show that we ever give them the chance though. I won't hold any ill feelings towards him if he goes to Bayern Munich.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
He should see that English talent are going to Germany and bossing it. Going to Germany is probably best for him and best for the national team.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
And then he remembers Chelsea spent huge on Pulisic.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
He's off. A few of our reporters confirming it. Fifield, Kinsella and Twomey, Doesn't want to be here. Head turned. Cheerio. Bit late in window to replace so on that note, be interesting if club agree to sell him to bayern, but in the summer like they've done with Pavard

georgipep

And then he remembers Chelsea spent huge on Pulisic.
The thing is, if he cannot displace Pulisic and force himself in the Chelsea team, he will also struggle to get game time in Munich. I hope for his development's sake he has calculated his chances pretty well, as Bayern rarely allow themselves to have limited options. If he doesn't want to be the lesser part of their rotation he has to prove himself a better option than at least two of Coman, Gnabry and Davies. And that's assuming Bayern don't buy/promote anyone else.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Thats assuming eden is here next season.
Selling Eden means Chelsea will replace him with a top player. You don’t lose your best player and replace him with a teenager who hasn’t even play much in professional football and putting the pressure on him.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
The thing is, if he cannot displace Pulisic and force himself in the Chelsea team, he will also struggle to get game time in Munich. I hope for his development's sake he has calculated his chances pretty well, as Bayern rarely allow themselves to have limited options. If he doesn't want to be the lesser part of their rotation he has to prove himself a better option than at least two of Coman, Gnabry and Davies. And that's assuming Bayern don't buy/promote anyone else.
That’s correct. But Bundes Liga seems to be easier league tha EPL and has proven that a lot of English young players can actually getting game time there than EPL. Nelson & Sancho are two examples recently.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima

The annoying thing about this is that he is actually getting more minutes than any 18 year old academy graduate at Chelsea I can remember. I can't think of another (just turned) 18 year old getting regular game time at a top 4 club. This guy is a year younger than your own Chong!

Even then, the game time given has been pretty low.

duffer

Scout
Even then, the game time given has been pretty low.
Sure, he could have played more but he only turned 18 a couple of months ago. When was the last time a 17 year old was a regular for a top 4 side? Fabregas maybe?

CHO is a special talent but I really don't think Chelsea have massively miss-handled his development. He has just seen how all the other kids before him struggled to get in the side, how Sancho has done in Germany and also has Bayern fecking Munich whispering in his ear! Like I said, I can't blame him if he moves.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

He's getting games because Chelsea are desperately trying to keep him, if Bayern weren't sniffing around CHO wouldn't himself be getting a sniff of game time

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Be interesting to see how the club react to his transfer request. Will probably be dealt with right at the top... Normally I would think making a request like this could be pretty counterproductive.

Let's see if he's in the squad tomorrow.

Hoof the ball

There's serious competition at Bayern, though. Even more so than at Chelsea. Perhaps it's just simply a case of being enamoured by joining a club such as Bayern, reputation and all.

duffer

Scout
There's serious competition at Bayern, though. Even more so than at Chelsea. Perhaps it's just simply a case of being enamoured by joining a club such as Bayern, reputation and all.
There's also rumours of RB Leibzig being interested. He'd have a far better chance of breaking into their side and Lookman is already there.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Played 37 league games for Flamengo. I don't watch Brazilian football but I bet at least 1 of them was as a starter!
The transfer was completed 10 days after his league debut. He had to stay in Brazil until he was 18 since he was only 16 at the time.

RedDevil5

Criminal IMO if Chelsea let him go. He's such a good talent. Does he just want out completely?

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
Sure, he could have played more but he only turned 18 a couple of months ago. When was the last time a 17 year old was a regular for a top 4 side? Fabregas maybe?

CHO is a special talent but I really don't think Chelsea have massively miss-handled his development. He has just seen how all the other kids before him struggled to get in the side, how Sancho has done in Germany and also has Bayern fecking Munich whispering in his ear! Like I said, I can't blame him if he moves.
Rashford has been a regular aged 18

Alli has been starting for Spurs since he was 19

Great talents usually force themselves into the team because they are really good at a young age, more often than not it is the club‘s policy of youth and squad development that is holding them back.

There are other examples as well like Alexander-Arnold, Wilshere...

Deleted member 101472

It’s a mad price but if CHO and Alphonso Davies live up to expectations, Bayern will have spent approx 50m on very good Robben and Ribery replacements