Callum Hudson-Odoi

Maccataq

I was puzzled by Sarri's decision to replace Azpilicueta with Zappacosta with 10 mins to go (the comparisons with LVG are piling up!), you're 2-0 down in a cup game and you make a like for like defender substitution? He should have been throwing attackers on the pitch. I can see why CHO wants to leave - Chelsea have never demonstrated a pathway to the first team for young players but quite happy to stockpile young players and win all the youth competitions.

Thisistheone

Would be an exciting signing for us but guess he's already on his way to Bayern in the summer.

Gasolin

Most expats of Anglo-American descent don't speak the language, even if they've spent the last 10 years or more here...it's simply not required to get by perfectly.
In a Bayern Munchen team whose requirement #1 is to have the team speak German good enough to communicate? I mean, I don't think it's all lost because even Ribery who is terrible in French managed to speak a little German, but I think it's an extra pressure that a young player may not need. Just my opinion though.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
In a Bayern Munchen team whose requirement #1 is to have the team speak German good enough to communicate?
Requirement #1 is delivering on the pitch. As long as this is met, everything else is deemed as rather unimportant.

Gasolin

Requirement #1 is delivering on the pitch. As long as this is met, everything else is deemed as rather unimportant.
Did Bayern Munchen change since I left Germany or what? :lol:.
Anyway, in Germany, especially in Bayern, not being able to communicate is going to be a big issue. If Sancho doesn't learn the language, you can be sure he will struggle too.
Again, you managed to teach German somehow to Ribery so I am impressed, but we will see. For young players, it's one more thing to worry about.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
Anyway, in Germany, especially in Bayern, not being able to communicate is going to be a big issue. If Sancho doesn't learn the language, you can be sure he will struggle too.
Again, you managed to teach German somehow to Ribery so I am impressed, but we will see. For young players, it's one more thing to worry about.
As if it'd so hard to communicate in English over here...

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Yes he has played for Chelsea this season......but his best position is 100% on the left wing.......for example Martial can play on the right wing too but his best position is easily as left winger.
Ah ok

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
In a Bayern Munchen team whose requirement #1 is to have the team speak German good enough to communicate? I mean, I don't think it's all lost because even Ribery who is terrible in French managed to speak a little German, but I think it's an extra pressure that a young player may not need. Just my opinion though.
He has 6 months to learn, Several hours a day spare and I'm sure he can afford a tutor... Probably a really hot slutty one

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
He has 6 months to learn, Several hours a day spare and I'm sure he can afford a tutor... Probably a really hot slutty one
Dale Jennings
"Luck wasn't on my side," he says. "I had a couple of injuries, didn't realise how big a move it was at the time, I wasn't professional enough, I didn't do things right.

"I could have learned the language and took a bit more time to adapt to living in Munich. But I was a bit immature at the time. Being only 18 I didn't understand how big it was really."

https://www.skysports.com/football/...ngs-i-was-too-immature-for-bayern-munich-move

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
I don't understand Sarri. He praises Hudson-Odoi yet doesn't play him. He rotates Willian and Pedro on the right while Hazard plays 90 minutes on the left. The biggest problem I see is his 4-3-3 system. He needs to switch to a 4-2-3-1. There is no way in hell that Kante should be playing as a #8. He shouldn't be in front of Jorginho, he should be beside him. Let Jorginho make the passes while Kante does the dirty work. Just like Gattuso and Pirlo back in Milan's glory days. Then you can have Hazard playing in the #10 where Kaka used to play. ANd never mind having Kavicic and Barkley subbing for each other. Get them both off the field. Now you have Willian, Pedro and Hudson-Odoi rotating with each other for 2 positions...

crossy1686

career ending
I don't understand Sarri. He praises Hudson-Odoi yet doesn't play him. He rotates Willian and Pedro on the right while Hazard plays 90 minutes on the left. The biggest problem I see is his 4-3-3 system. He needs to switch to a 4-2-3-1. There is no way in hell that Kante should be playing as a #8. He shouldn't be in front of Jorginho, he should be beside him. Let Jorginho make the passes while Kante does the dirty work. Just like Gattuso and Pirlo back in Milan's glory days. Then you can have Hazard playing in the #10 where Kaka used to play. ANd never mind having Kavicic and Barkley subbing for each other. Get them both off the field. Now you have Willian, Pedro and Hudson-Odoi rotating with each other for 2 positions...
He's shit and a massive fraud. There isn't much to understand past that point. CHO won't get any game time past this point because Sarri's job is now on the line, he'll leave in the summer anyway. He'd be daft not to go to Bayern now.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Dale Jennings
"Luck wasn't on my side," he says. "I had a couple of injuries, didn't realise how big a move it was at the time, I wasn't professional enough, I didn't do things right.

"I could have learned the language and took a bit more time to adapt to living in Munich. But I was a bit immature at the time. Being only 18 I didn't understand how big it was really."

https://www.skysports.com/football/...ngs-i-was-too-immature-for-bayern-munich-move
Jennings moved from league 1 with Tranmere
Odoi has been playing at England youth level and has been at Chelsea... I suspect he knows exactly what the opportunity is... Allegedly turning down more money at Chelsea for the opportunity ... Plus he's good friends with Sancho so he probably has a bit of insight as to what it takes to adapt ... Plus as I say he's got 6 months to prepare, plenty of spare time and lots of opportunity to learn the basics of the language

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Dale Jennings

Jennings main issue wasn't language. It was being a shit footballer.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Jennings moved from league 1 with Tranmere
Odoi has been playing at England youth level and has been at Chelsea... I suspect he knows exactly what the opportunity is... Allegedly turning down more money at Chelsea for the opportunity ... Plus he's good friends with Sancho so he probably has a bit of insight as to what it takes to adapt ... Plus as I say he's got 6 months to prepare, plenty of spare time and lots of opportunity to learn the basics of the language
Yeah Hudson-Odoi is an actual top talent the Dale Jennings signing was just strange.

Jomini Da Tactician

I can understand why the lad wants a move to Bayern. At his age, when his development is crucial, he needs to be playing games. He can't do that if he is down the pecking order.

Robertd0803

He looked mightly impressed after the Zappacosta sub last night. Wouldnt blame him for wanting out.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
I can understand why the lad wants a move to Bayern. At his age, when his development is crucial, he needs to be playing games. He can't do that if he is down the pecking order.
How far down the pecking order will he be at Bayern? Robben and Ribery are turning 72 and 68 respectively. That only leaves Gnarby, Coman and Alphonso Davies. All young players them self. I guess Muller plays out on the wing sometimes too, but for the most part, It would probably be Coman and Hudson-Odoi starting because Gnarby is shite and Davies is still very young and raw (though I do want my fellow Canadian to do well)

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Was Ole tapping up young CHO?:D

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
How far down the pecking order will he be at Bayern? Robben and Ribery are turning 72 and 68 respectively. That only leaves Gnarby, Coman and Alphonso Davies. All young players them self. I guess Muller plays out on the wing sometimes too, but for the most part, It would probably be Coman and Hudson-Odoi starting because Gnarby is shite and Davies is still very young and raw (though I do want my fellow Canadian to do well)
Why is Gnabry shit? Because he couldn‘t cut it at Arsenal as a teen, or is the the result of you studying him over the last two seasons?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Why is Gnabry shit? Because he couldn‘t cut it at Arsenal as a teen, or is the the result of you studying him over the last two seasons?
As I recall Arsenal wanted to keep him but he got tapped up, no?

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
"I'd have subbed you on lad!"

Have that hand grenade Chelsea dugout.
Twinkle eyed Ole with his charming self would certainly convince the lad to go up North:D

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He run his contract down and went to Bayern. Arsenal didn't realise they wanted to keep him until they had no midfielders left and they realised he was alright.
Classic Arsenal.

Ekeke

He run his contract down and went to Bayern. Arsenal didn't realise they wanted to keep him until they had no midfielders left and they realised he was alright.
He actually went to Werder Bremen for 5 million euros. A year later Bayern signed him for 3 million more euros (8 mil)

crossy1686

career ending
He actually went to Werder Bremen for 5 million euros. A year later Bayern signed him for 3 million more euros (8 mil)
That's right! I knew he'd gone to Germany but I forgot it wasn't Bayern right away. He was running his contract down though right? And Bayern did enquire? no?

Ekeke

That's right! I knew he'd gone to Germany but I forgot it wasn't Bayern right away. He was running his contract down though right? And Bayern did enquire? no?
I'm not sure, obviously he didnt want to stick around at Arsenal and the price was a bit low to reflect that

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
Sancho already commented on this

He said he was worried about the language barrier but when he turned up to training most of the players spoke English.

He is not learning the language. He will only be there a year or two max anyway.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
Would be pretty challenging for a PL side to steps him off Chelski tbf.

Worth a punt though.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Ok...he's not shit. Nobody who plays professional football is shit. Thanks for being so "literal". With that being said, he's nothing special...

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I actually wouldn’t be surprised if the team language at Bayern is English
Yeah, a lot of Germans actually use English as a first language. It annoyed me a bit because out there i wanted to learn the language but the natives always resorted to English when talking to me.