Callum Hudson-Odoi

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
What? He played for 6 months before he was sold, so are you saying he wasnt at his best under Rafa?
He peaked under Robbie/early Rafa, second half he was still good but was a shadow of his previous level and it was Hazard that was the main catalyst to us securing top 4 and Europa.

I don't think he ever returned to his 2012 self, had that version faced us Monday night we'd have been looking at 4-0.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He peaked under Robbie/early Rafa, second half he was still good but was a shadow of his previous level and it was Hazard that was the main catalyst to us securing top 4 and Europa.

I don't think he ever returned to his 2012 self, had that version faced us Monday night we'd have been looking at 4-0.
Remember he was superb under Rafa. His stats were insane too and if I'm not wrong he won player of the year award. I would go with that.

Also early Rafa? He took over in last week of November, so you are implying he had one good month or 1 month at his best under Rafa. Well I disagree. mata had his best season and time under Rafa.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Remember he was superb under Rafa. His stats were insane too and if I'm not wrong he won player of the year award. I would go with that.

Also early Rafa? He took over in last week of November, so you are implying he had one good month or 1 month at his best under Rafa. Well I disagree. mata had his best season and time under Rafa.
Mata was a back to back Chelsea player of the Year (voted for by the fans) when Mourinho came in so that would suggest he was equally as good under Benitez as he were under AVB/Di Matteo

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Still find it strange that Smith-Rowe and Brewster are rated higher than Gomes, but ultimately it doesn't matter.
Brewster got a huge amount of rep from the wider footballing world because of his world cup hat tricks.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Mata was a back to back Chelsea player of the Year (voted for by the fans) when Mourinho came in so that would suggest he was equally as good under Benitez as he were under AVB/Di Matteo
A great first half and good second is often enough to win the award, it's not like he was up against prime versions of the old guard. He was still a deserved winner despite tailing off a bit.

The POTY can be decided based on certain blocks of time (Willian won the award based on a few free kicks). Mata's super first half of the season combined with the fact he won the hearts of the supporters made his vote inevitable unless someone unleashed their inner Messi. I was on a 10 week work break with little Internet between February and April and the first thing i clocked when i came back and binge watched the games i missed was that Mata's form dropped.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Yeah, he had his best season under Rafa is how I remember.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
I hope we try to turn his head.

I would love to see us sign him, Sancho, Rice and Maguire.

I’d shit my pants with that.

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea

Mata was absolutely ridiculous for us before Mourinho. His performances that season are up there with the best I've seen from anyone for this club. I can even remember a dip for the life of me because there were many games at the end of the season where he was truly superb. The two FA cups legs against United, and the PL home game against Spurs (whom he had absolutely annihilated away as well), and the league match at Old Trafford where he scored the only goal were all at the end of the season, and he was excellent. Something like 19 goals and 35 assists in all competitions in the end for us!

Bwuk

Mata was absolutely ridiculous for us before Mourinho. His performances that season are up there with the best I've seen from anyone for this club. I can even remember a dip for the life of me because there were many games at the end of the season where he was truly superb. The two FA cups legs against United, and the PL home game against Spurs (whom he had absolutely annihilated away as well), and the league match at Old Trafford where he scored the only goal were all at the end of the season, and he was excellent. Something like 19 goals and 35 assists in all competitions in the end for us!
Agreed. Mata was ridiculous at Chelsea.

It's a shame it hasn't ever truely worked out for him here, for whatever reason. Love him but no denying he was better for Chelsea.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
How good is this guy? As good as Sancho? Serious question as i have never seen him play.

In Rainbows

How good is this guy? As good as Sancho? Serious question as i have never seen him play.
He's more athletic than Sancho, and Sancho is slightly more technically gifted. He could end up better because of the athleticism, as his technique is really good. And you can see that with some of his dribbling today. Sancho was the bigger talent at youth level though.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
The most impressing thing about him is his talented ball control. It’s glued to his feet. From there the world is yours in how you develop your mental game. Even on that point I think he’s on a good path. He has a sense for the tempo of the game and how it should be played. Sky’s the limit.

haram

The most impressing thing about him is his talented ball control. It’s glued to his feet. From there the world is yours in how you develop your mental game. Even on that point I think he’s on a good path. He has a sense for the tempo of the game and how it should be played. Sky’s the limit.
More to football than the ball being glued to your feet beyond just the mental part...

ash_86

Chelsea aren't keen on selling abroad .What makes you think they'll sell to English rival?
If he is not sold in the summer, next jan he can talk to who even he wants with 6 months remaining. Chelsea will try to sell for a good enough offer if he's not committing.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
At least City fans have the consolation of having Sane and Sterling. Chelsea fans must be pissed he's off.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Brewster got a huge amount of rep from the wider footballing world because of his world cup hat tricks.
He's been injured for more than a year now and won't be back this season. It's anyone's guess if he'll make it after that.

Nick7

He's been injured for more than a year now and won't be back this season. It's anyone's guess if he'll make it after that.
Damn didn’t know that. Such a shame when that happens to young players.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Very raw player, needs game time so can see how good he could be or not. Has shown quality in patches.

MuFc_1992

Yeah, once you've go ball control that good you can not even bother and still end up as a solid top 6 level player. A lot of managers give Hazard stick even though he's almost always the best player on the pitch because they know that he still has a gear or two to go but decides to go easy instead.

Grande

I hope we try to turn his head.

I would love to see us sign him, Sancho, Rice and Maguire.

I’d shit my pants with that.
I’m a bit unsure about how you and others view buying young players like Rice, Sessegnon, Hudson-Odoi and Sancho (which are mentioned alot here).

I’m thinking about the young players we have in Angel Gomez, Tahith Chong, Marlon Greenwood and James Garner. How do these rate in comparison is one question. Another is: How many youngsters do we have space for blooding in at the same time? And thirdly, even if our own not as good as the aforementioned, if they are even close to the same level, is it worth spending huge amounts on players at the cost of players who are already half bedded in, tied to the club and familiar with the playing style, people at the club and the city?

izec

It will bite them massively in the arse if Hazard leaves and he tears it up at Bayern, while they overpay for half as talented players like Pulisic. Chelsea 2019.

crossy1686

career ending
The guy has played about 18 minutes of PL football and a couple of games against far inferior opposition. I can remember a handful of times Chadwick, Obertan, Bellion, the late Liam Miller and Possebon all looked like they'd take over the world.

There's a fair old amount of sensationalism going on in here.

izec

The guy has played about 18 minutes of PL football and a couple of games against far inferior opposition. I can remember a handful of times Chadwick, Obertan, Bellion, the late Liam Miller and Possebon all looked like they'd take over the world.

If you cant see the difference between him and some of the names you mentioned...You could have also said the same for Sancho when he moved to Dortmund. This lad is highly rated and Bayern made a 35m offer or whatever it was. The players you listed where nowhere near his level or Sancho. Pretty sure everybody was stunned we signed crap like Obertan or Bellion.

crossy1686

career ending
If you cant see the difference between him and some of the names you mentioned...You could have also said the same for Sancho when he moved to Dortmund. This lad is highly rated and Bayern made a 35m offer or whatever it was. The players you listed where nowhere near his level or Sancho. Pretty sure everybody was stunned we signed crap like Obertan or Bellion.
Just because Bayern made a bid doesn't mean he's going to be the next Pele. People, including pundits, have been telling us Loftus-Cheek is the next best thing for a while now, heir to every throne going, how's he doing these days?

I don't see the clamour for a player that no one had heard of before January now being the hottest thing in football. There's no reason why we should be in for him based on other clubs interest, especially since we've probably scouted him from a young age in the reserves anyway. We'd be all over it if we felt he would actually add anything to our team or if he was better than anything we've already got in the reserves/first team.

Nick7

He's going to be a CAM/Striker.
Notice the name in the post above mine.

Some stunning revisionist history there.

cyberman

Just because Bayern made a bid doesn't mean he's going to be the next Pele. People, including pundits, have been telling us Loftus-Cheek is the next best thing for a while now, heir to every throne going, how's he doing these days?

I don't see the clamour for a player that no one had heard of before January now being the hottest thing in football. There's no reason why we should be in for him based on other clubs interest, especially since we've probably scouted him from a young age in the reserves anyway. We'd be all over it if we felt he would actually add anything to our team or if he was better than anything we've already got in the reserves/first team.
Posters on here are obsessed with Bayern though, as if they have the perfect system in place.
Their squad is really poor at the minute but you couldn't tell on here with all of the creaming themselves over how efficiently they signed player x when they make a signing.

crossy1686

career ending
Notice the name in the post above mine.

Some stunning revisionist history there.
So he's the next saviour of the game or he's being overhyped because he's available and Bayern made a bid? You didn't even know who he was before January so how good is he really?

izec

If you never heard something from him before January, that is your thing. I am sure people have heard of him way before. I have seen the u17 WC, and he was pretty amazing.

What i wanted to say with Bayern is, they wouldnt bid so much for a rubbish player. You compared him to guys like Bellion or Obertan ffs.

We are not in for him because Chelsea wont sell him to us, quite simple. They are reluctant to sell him abroad, nevermind here. Same reason why Sancho didnt up here, although we had interest in him. You view on youth players is so simplistic.

Pace Abuser

Chelsea aren't keen on selling abroad .What makes you think they'll sell to English rival?
The fact he's actively forcing a move and he holds a lot of leverage with his contract entering its final year means there's a great chance of acquiring him. Something United should try. Chelsea can hardly cry about it given they barely give him minutes. He's clearly cottoned on that signing a contract means going out on loan or sitting on the bench.