Can a win be a loss?

giggs-beckham

Clueless
It delays the somewhat inevitable. But we can't be out at the group stage this year.

E-mal

Always happy when we win, regardless of the shit performance and our poor technical crew.
Cant understand those who might wish we loss in other to expedite Ole's sacking.

Jibbs

This win will cost us dearly. The absolute disgrace of a management will continue.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
You can have lost faith in the manager and still been desperate to win tonight, and every single time (bar maybe the League Cup).

Edit: Saying this for a friend.

HailtotheKing

Yeah, I'll always be happy with a win but that doesn't mean we can't call a spade a spade. That was the shitshow of all shitshows. One of the worst hours of football I've ever seen us play. So, yay, 3 points, absolutely vital. Yay, to Ronaldo, who had his worst game but still decided it. But holy shit, are we in for a ride with this management if they can't see that we have some serious problems. And I'm absolutely disgusted at Ole's treatment of Donny. MOTM against West Ham and he hasn't played a minute since, despite McTominay stinking the place out for two games straight and not being fit.

Last edited:

rron10

Supports
Sir Alex
This season despite having an easy start and facing weaker teams we played good football for around 3 halfes.

We already lost 3.

We can’t cheat results forever.

stw2022

Victory for the teletext fans. It says on screen we won so we played well. This is how it works

SirAnderson

Tbf, these posts are the extreme minority and should be reported. Using them to spin a narrative doesn't really work.
Yeah sure its a minority, but its a minority that always pops their heads up when shite hits the fan, same thing happened during Jose's time, and I feel even more came out then due to their hatred of what Jose was doing to the club with all that toxicity.

I'd class this "minority" together with those who make insulting and personal attacks on players and managers alike, there should be no place for that. Sure, say you say about why Ole or whoever shouldn't be part of the club but no need to stoop to the level of what we have seen way to often in threads like Ole threads and Pogba ones as well.

Robbie Boy

Yeah sure its a minority, but its a minority that always pops their heads up when shite hits the fan, same thing happened during Jose's time, and I feel even more came out then due to their hatred of what Jose was doing to the club with all that toxicity.

I'd class this "minority" together with those who make insulting and personal attacks on players and managers alike, there should be no place for that. Sure, say you say about why Ole or whoever shouldn't be part of the club but no need to stoop to the level of what we have seen way to often in threads like Ole threads and Pogba ones as well.
Yeah, agreed. Though with Jose, it was slightly different as he was publically shitting all over the club.

I mean, a tiny minority shouldn't be used to reflect the fair, balanced views of a large majority. It doesn't bode well, and is just selecting sample posts to try spin the narrative that sensible debate doesn't exist.

SirAnderson

Yeah, agreed. Though with Jose, it was slightly different as he was publically shitting all over the club.

I mean, a tiny minority shouldn't be used to reflect the fair, balanced views of a large majority. It doesn't bode well, and is just selecting sample posts to try spin the narrative that sensible debate doesn't exist.
I think that's why there is a "Is the United thread safe to go into yet?" Because of late it feels like the entire forum is filled with so many unbalanced views of a large majority and the need to create a space where you don't have to argue with someone that thinks they don't have opinion but fact.

Still, I do hear what you saying. I tend to avoid performance threads and threads in general in the United forum after a loss, because you just know you will get people that are highly emotional and need to vent, but on the whole, I have had many debates that have been balanced when we not coming off from a loss or something.

Robbie Boy

I think that's why there is a "Is the United thread safe to go into yet?" Because of late it feels like the entire forum is filled with so many unbalanced views of a large majority and the need to create a space where you don't have to argue with someone that thinks they don't have opinion but fact.

Still, I do hear what you saying. I tend to avoid performance threads and threads in general in the United forum after a loss, because you just know you will get people that are highly emotional and need to vent, but on the whole, I have had many debates that have been balanced when we not coming off from a loss or something.
See, I actually think there's very balanced debate to be found, if that's what your looking for. If you only focus on the negative posts, then of course the whole place will look like a shit-show.

The absolute worst threads are the match day threads. These are filled with spur of the moment emotional posts, which can often come across really bad. However, at least they're heat of the moment stuff. I do agree that there's overly negative posters. However, plenty of posters have aired grievances for a long while now - that pundits etc are now speaking about - and were rampantly mocked. That's just as counterproductive as anything else seen on here.

klayton88

We'd have got dicked there a few years back. I see a relatively comfortable 1-0 away in Spain as progression.

Chief123

Reading some of the posts in this thread is reminding me of the anxiety and suffering of last season.

MUFC OK

For some people on here, no.
We won tonight but with a massive pinch of salt. Sociedad had no incentive to even get a draw yet had over 3x as many shots as us :lol: That is embarrassing.

BorisManUtd

So this thread was opened after win against Villarreal at Old Trafford. That was embarassing performance but we somehow won. It's not ideal this season either but I just hope not to see another 'Villarreal performance' in a long time. That was dreadful and terrible to watch. Couln't ride our luck forever and punishment came later vs Liverpool.

MUFC OK

So this thread was opened after win against Villarreal at Old Trafford. That was embarassing performance but we somehow won. It's not ideal this season either but I just hope not to see another 'Villarreal performance' in a long time. That was dreadful and terrible to watch. Couln't ride our luck forever and punishment came later vs Liverpool.
Really is time to stop talking about last season in my opinion. It excuses just about everything or anything we could do this year which isn’t helpful.

we have improved, surprisingly perhaps mostly in defence but tonight was no way near good enough. Very conscious of not letting standard slip based on how abnormally awful we were last season. That was and has to be an anomally and not the standard we are comparing ourselves to.

BorisManUtd

Really is time to stop talking about last season in my opinion. It excuses just about everything or anything we could do this year which isn’t helpful.

we have improved, surprisingly perhaps mostly in defence but tonight was no way near good enough. Very conscious of not letting standard slip based on how abnormally awful we were last season. That was and has to be an anomally and not the standard we are comparing ourselves to.
I'm not comparing this season to last one and don't think we have improved that much but still have Vietnam flashbacks of last season and still amazed at how bad we were. It's just that, nothing more.