Can you see Diogo Dalot stating a serious claim for the RB-position?

EngimaMK

What?!? Drop Luke Shaw, who has been amazing, for Dalot at LB? MENTAL

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
I think against the lower teams he could be valuable. Much better attacking than AWB, and could overlap nicely with Sancho.

Otherwise, would start Aaron more often than not.

Matthew84!

Sorry he's just not good enough, might make a better winger than defender, he'll get bored by the end of the season and ask to leave again.
I hope he plays well enough in the cup games so he still has value at the end of the season.
Let's all hope he proves me wrong.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Scouting reports suggested he was one of the best young RBs in the world before we signed him. I cant remember any match he played for us where he lived up to that billing.

arthurka

Don't know what to make of him but clearly not good enough defensively. Don't see it happen.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Development trajectories aren’t linear, so he has time to turn it around IMO but you’d have to think it’s unlikely, having watched him for us before. Here’s hoping though! Would be great to have some competition for that spot.

DevTheRed

In short no.

He’s got a decent cross on him but the lack of pace, dribbling ability, defensive ability really let’s him down. I think he’s good enough to be a decent back up to AWB but not good enough to make a claim for the starting spot.

Hope I’m wrong because there was so much hype around him when we first signed him.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
He’s not very good

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Honestly he’s not fit to lace AWB’s laces. The difference in quality is massive.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
No, I'll be satisfied if he does better than Williams to the point we can give AWB the occasional rest.

The criticism of AWB last season was overly harsh considering we played him into the ground.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
No I cannot unfortunately.

JB7

Nope. Happy enough if he develops into a reasonable backup but don’t see him improving on that.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
I'd love him to prove me wrong but I think there's no chance whatsoever. I don't even see him as a reliable squad player.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
He’s 22 and football has seen more unimaginable turnarounds, but so far it’s hard to see how exactly he’s going to do that. His defensive positioning is as bad if not worse as Wan-Bissaka’s, his one-on-one defending ability is simply incomparable and his attacking, which is supposed to be his main strength, is really nothing to write home about — I mean, he is kinda decent at it, but that’s about it.

Wan-Bissaka still has a lot to learn, but he at least has one world-class ability and defensive positioning is something that players usually improve on with age. His attacking is never going to be good enough for a top side and his stats have been boosted by the fact that no one even bothers to cover for his overlaps, preferring to double down on our attackers... but maybe with Sancho now he would be able to play in a more comfortable role and keep improving at what he’s good at.

Gandalf

I doubt it, he just does not know how to defend and despite a few random moments I am not sure he has done much to earn the reputation of being better in attack than AWB. He would need to improve significantly this season just to justify continuing as a backup.

Tallis

I don’t think he will be better than AWB (who I think is very underrated). However, he has good physical attributes and is good on the ball so if he can work on his defending, can become a solid backup to AWB. He also sounds like a great lad - saw some news about how he helped some kids from his old club after he moved to Utd so I wish him all the best.

KcB32

I don't see why we should write him off so quickly. He has a good touch, seems quite confident on the ball and has a very good cross on him. I think he's a good backup and solid option as a wing back.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I hope he can which means we will have 2 very good RBs and improves our squad depth but I don't think he will.

Baneofthegame

He’s 22 and football has seen more unimaginable turnarounds, but so far it’s hard to see how exactly he’s going to do that. His defensive positioning is as bad if not worse as Wan-Bissaka’s, his one-on-one defending ability is simply incomparable and his attacking, which is supposed to be his main strength, is really nothing to write home about — I mean, he is kinda decent at it, but that’s about it.

Wan-Bissaka still has a lot to learn, but he at least has one world-class ability and defensive positioning is something that players usually improve on with age. His attacking is never going to be good enough for a top side and his stats have been boosted by the fact that no one even bothers to cover for his overlaps, preferring to double down on our attackers... but maybe with Sancho now he would be able to play in a more comfortable role and keep improving at what he’s good at.
Pin this post and move on.

mu4c_20le

No, cash in and bring in Trippier, then keep tabs on the next young talents

villain

Hates Beyoncé
The underrating of AWB continues, the guy is a great RB and will look even better with Varane at CB and Sancho/Greenwood at RW.
Dalot is a decent option for rotation in cup games, he'd have to raise his game significantly to take the spot.

LazyRed-Ninja

Dutchman, who could have chosen any tagline.
I’d be very surprised if he manages to turn his United career around. He only played 20 games in two seasons at United. I can not see him play more games consistently if Wan Bissaka keeps developing like he does. Is he good enough to be an extra option? I doubt it, but the reports of him trying to fight for his place are positive.

OmarUnited4ever

The thing with Dalot is he was very unlucky with the long injury layoff of 2 years that robbed him of his formative years, he is still young enough to turn it around, but he needs to step up big time to get Ole's confidence in using him as a rotational option in the RB position. For now I can only see him being an ok option against minnoews in cup games.

dal

AWB’s attacking was fine last season, yes there are better but I thought he made big strides, couple that with his defensive game and I think he’s been very very good for us.

His attacking game will keep improving. He won’t have a TAA cross but will be one of the best in the league next season.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I'd rather give another chance to Williams, who had a good spell on the left once. Surely RB would be more even more natural to him.

Strats

Thought he was shite against Brentford with his usual stepovers that led to nothing. Showed no signs of improvement whatsoever.

People are getting ahead om themselves thinking he's good enough just because he got a goal against Everton.

Withnail

Never say never but I don't really see it happening for him at United.

He hasn't really shown anything that would give you confidence that there is a United player in their apart from some brief flashes in his debut season.

JPB

No, because Wan Bissaka is the best RB in the league. He can clean AWB's boots at half time though.