Carabao Cup 2020/21

Not many teams play with a number 10 anymore which is an issue - PSG if rumours are to be believed are interested in him.
Agreed. He could be brilliant in the right system, but he’s not a second striker and he’s not a midfielder. He’s really a player who needs to play in the right system, and that no 10 role suits him best.

I hope he finds the right club and can prosper.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Agreed. He could be brilliant in the right system, but he’s not a second striker and he’s not a midfielder. He’s really a player who needs to play in the right system, and that no 10 role suits him best.

I hope he finds the right club and can prosper.
The other problem he has is he's lazy and doesn't work hard enough when not in possession. Hard to accommodate a luxury player there when he can't even be arsed to press effectively.

kidbob

Kane has some big balls. Every player before him - 8 counting both sides - goes to the keeper's right, so Kane goes left. The only player in the whole shootout to do so.
Jorgihno went that side before him, Lloris dived the right way too.

Supports
England
Jorgihno went that side before him, Lloris dived the right way too.
Oh shit. My bad. Still, though, first Spurs player to risk it after 4 did the opposite. It was a ballsy move. I was fully expecting the keeper to anticipate it.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Mourinho saying that he played Lloris instead of Hart because he wanted the players to believe they could win. Not a lot of confidence in Joe then...
Why on earth has he demoted as a decent number 2 in Gazzaniga for Hart? So odd, i thought he was going there to be third choice.

ti vu

Why on earth has he demoted as a decent number 2 in Gazzaniga for Hart? So odd, i thought he was going there to be third choice.
In hope Joe Hart may get polished to regain some of his first choice GK quality to be a good back up option. I know Hart is far from his best, but it's a worthy gamble.

Gazzaniga never was safe hands be second choice. Even at his best, he doesn't give the players in front of him confidence. May be harsh, but if I have to describe it, I would say Gazzaniga ain't capable to pull any difficult save, no presence in aerial situation, and easy to beat 1vs1. His best ability lies with ability to play with the feet, but that's not priority for Mourinho.

Last edited:

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I reckon it must be something to do with the homegrown situation. At one point, both of our backup keepers were taking up a non-HG spot, which is just an appalling use of those slots.

Having said that, Hart has been shite for a while now so guess we have to hope Lloris doesn't get injured much this season....

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
First real test tonight. Expect West Ham to put out a strong side so if we use our weaker side again it could be a tough game. Would be nice to keep the winning run going.

Ludens the Red

Christ on a bike :lol:
Walker, Fernandinho, Mendy, De Bruyne, Sterling, Mahrez, Rodrigo all playing for City. Just hand Liverpool the title why don’t you?

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
José talked about the players being too nice so he read some medieval history and liked the idea of having a whipping boy around which Hart fits nicely.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Christ on a bike :lol:
Walker, Fernandinho, Mendy, De Bruyne, Sterling, Mahrez, Rodrigo all playing for City. Just hand Liverpool the title why don’t you?
Aside from Steffen and Palmer, arguably Fernandinho that’s a first choice City side.

Mad. Leeds will be licking their lips at the prospect of playing them on Saturday.

RashyForPM

What a shocking team City put out given the circumstances. No need for KdB, Sterling, Laporte etc. Chuck the game away. Now watch them hammer Burnley and then lose, possibly comfortably to Bielsa’s attacking, energetic Leeds on Saturday, going 9 points behind Liverpool already. Title over.

I’m certain Pep targets the Carabao Cup just to gloss over shit seasons and not get sacked. Otherwise, it’s stupid.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Both us and West Ham playing half strength teams. I don't think people want to let up on momentum.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Pep - We have no fit players, also Pep 9 first teamers in the Carling Cup.

Nickosaur

Do Everton have a really shallow squad, or are they just taking the Cup seriously? Seems a bit risky playing all of Digne, Allan, James, DCL and Richarlison.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Do Everton have a really shallow squad, or are they just taking the Cup seriously? Seems a bit risky playing all of Digne, Allan, James, DCL and Richarlison.
Both. Short at CB but I think it makes sense to play some first team players as it fuels momentum / chance of a trophy.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Imagine being a professional footballer and taking a penalty like that.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
He just leant back and blasted it into the sky. Dreadful pen.
I was actually meaning the Newcastle one - at least the losing pen was someone playing in league two!

padr81

Supports
Man City
Sean Dyche trying to break the record for most swears on tv.