Carabao Cup 2020/21

edcunited1878

Spurs will have a tricky game against Brentford, who probably should have been promoted last season.

Also, Spurs have only won one match in 90 minutes thus far, that was today. Their 3rd and 4th Round games went to penalties. Funny old game.

edcunited1878

City haven’t scored more than a goal in a game in the league in 9 out of their last 11 games. They are better defensively, but they are lethargic and have no balance in their midfield.

There should be no fear playing them at the moment. They are nothing special.
Aguero should be fitter for them even if they haven't been as dynamic going forward, but they are still a very, very talented team and will cause problems in the semi-final.

retired_muppet

I want to win this comp. That first trophy really could be the difference.
The league cup trophy in 2006 kick started the Rooney Ronaldo era. Sir Alex wanted his team to taste silverware as soon as possible.

He even subbed in Vidic and evra in the final minutes of the final so both of them can get a taste of silverware early in their career at United.

el3mel

When did they make it one leg instead of 2 by the way, or is this just thanks to COVID ?

MichaelRed

Might aswell have a transparent bowl & colour-code the balls to help Bent even more.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Aguero should be fitter for them even if they haven't been as dynamic going forward, but they are still a very, very talented team and will cause problems in the semi-final.
Still no reason to fear them. We can cause them as many problems and have more players on form than they do. We can definitely beat them and should go into the game confident. They are not the same City.

Eriku

When did they make it one leg instead of 2 by the way, or is this just thanks to COVID ?
Dunno, but it’s a welcome change for me. The League cup adding two games to a congested season always made me want us to crash out before the semis.

el3mel

Brentford might be up for a surprise in this cup by the way. It seems everyone is overlooking them down and won't surprise me if Spurs turned on with a cocky attitude against them and got punished.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Might aswell have a transparent bowl & colour-code the balls to help Bent even more.
Stop fecking moaning. It's the luck of the draw and nothing else .... just like every previous cup draw since the year dot.

el3mel

Dunno, but it’s a welcome change for me. The League cup adding two games to a congested season always made me want us to crash out before the semis.
Having the semi final alone to be 2 legs while the whole cup is only 1 match was a little bit weird anyway.

BorisManUtd

Jose was never knocked out in semi-finals of domestic cups I believe. Hardly ever loses finals either (except in 2018 against Chelsea). Maybe I'm wrong.

el3mel

Jose was never knocked out in semi-finals of domestic cups I believe. Hardly ever loses finals either (except in 2018 against Chelsea). Maybe I'm wrong.
That FA cup final with us was actually his only loss in a domestic English cup final.

He also lost a cup final with Porto and the very famous Copa Del Rey final against Atletico 2-1.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
This Pep City team are not the team of 2/3 seasons ago. They aren't all that anymore, we can do them. Bring it on!
Better defensively but fairly toothless upfront.
We fanny around with it and try to score perfect goals instead of just putting our foot through it.