Carrick

RedThaiDevils#7

Married with Manchester United, In love with Giggs
People calling him shit or useless have very short memories though he must get his act together soon.

QUOTE]

I mean, he just lost us three games in a row and it was for a meaning, he has been poor at the start of the season.. peaked vs arsenal then he began to turn into utter shite again. FFS let him get a bashing for once in a while.

Also, the refs in the last two games have been shocking. Drogba Offside ? Rafael first yellow ? Sry... videos replays are needed.

Transfer United Till I Die

I am totally in the know, honest
I can't defend him anymore. He's been largely shit for 18 months and whilst everyone else has contributed to the season in little bursts he's offered nothing and cost us big time. I doubt fergie will tolerate it much longer.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
He needs shooting, if i was Fergie now i would be tearing his contract up and telling him to piss off.

I know a people are emotional and it is easy to criticise but carrick warrants all the abuse, i'm sure his missus will be having a go at him nevermind us or Fergie.

Shimo

yep.

cant support him anymore. pathetic today. could have (should have?) stopped both the goals but didnt.

blame him more than rafael
I too am at the moment unable to support him. I think he's done great but, when it mattered most and needed to be strong - he let us down.

Not only that but, he had a great opportunity from a corner to bury the game and failed.

I thought he started the game quite well but, in the end has let us down, even more than Rafael did.

SittingBull

That's great and all, but what is Sergio Canales u
At United, we strive for perfection, and if we fai
I think he has grown self-satisfied. He doesn't have the same mentality as Giggs, Scholes, Neville etc. I believe he thinks hes proved to the world how good he is. He doesnt seem to realise that in football you are only as good as your last few games

Tbh, he was always the 2nd tier of midfielders even in his prime. The way some of us lauded him as a better player than Alonso, etc etc was ridiculous. He did put in some magnificent performances during his time with us, but most of the time, when he is up against the best, he is always found wanting. In the league though, he tend to outperformed most of the mediocre ones on a consistent basis, and that with Ronaldo and Rooney, tends to overplay his contributions a litlte.

johnmufc

Why are people blaming him for the first goal? Where were Rio and Vidic? Rafael was caught well out of position as well. Shocking defending on all accounts but at least Carrick got back and tried to do something...

The sitter he missed from the corner kick was worse. Can't believe he missed that.

Tumbling-Dice

Caf Nostradamus
Roy Keane has five kids, partly because of his Iri
He was poor and it's so disappointing to see because he's proven in the past he's so much better than this.

People calling him shit or useless have very short memories though he must get his act together soon.

Our best performance of this season was at the Emirates in which Carrick outshone Fabregas and created two of our goals.
:lol:

Might have known you'd jump to his defence.

You're fecking blind and clueless.

I've been calling this for months now and the thing is it gives me absolutely no pleasure to say I told you so. I'm gutted, mainly because he could be so much better than he has been lately but you are blind and I highlighted this weeks ago and you mocked me. Saw this coming a mile off.

OneUnited24

and then he could have blocked the robben shot but chose to save his body
Well in slow motion we can look at it and say he should have opened his body up but he was rushing over and had he flown in he would have walked/gave a pen away.

But really since that away leg to Inter last year WTF has happened to Carrick?

Moriarty

Why are people blaming him for the first goal? Where were Rio and Vidic? Rafael was caught well out of position as well. Shocking defending on all accounts but at least Carrick got back tried to do something...

The sitter he missed from the corner kick was worse. Can't believe he missed that.
In his defence, he was the first United player to realise the danger from Robben just before he scored. He almost got in the way of the shot.

Tumbling-Dice

Caf Nostradamus
Why are people blaming him for the first goal? Where were Rio and Vidic? Rafael was caught well out of position as well. Shocking defending on all accounts but at least Carrick got back tried to do something...

I personally think he was slightly fouled for the first goal .. slightly.

But typical of Carrick lately, absolutely no bollocks, went down so so soft. That's why he is being blamed.

Eriku

:lol:

Might have known you'd jump to his defence.

You're fecking blind and clueless.

I've been calling this for months now and the thing is it gives me absolutely no pleasure to say I told you so. I'm gutted, mainly because he could be so much better than he has been lately but you are blind and I highlighted this weeks ago and you mocked me. Saw this coming a mile off.
Ridiculous... I hope he steps it up and becomes integral in our retention of the Premiership. He certainly is able of consistently being one of our best midfielders. If he's blind and clueless then Fergie's even more so, having Carricks shititude displayed to him on the training pitch every fecking day.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
and then he could have blocked the robben shot but chose to save his body
Harsh to blame Carrick for that goal.

The first goal, he could certainly have done better, but as someone else mentioned, he was the one player back challenging - no idea where our defenders were.

Personally I will not blame him for issues such as these, but I am frustrated by his inability to take over (or even control) games.

This for me is our biggest concern at the moment - we don't have the presence in midfield who can do this.

nimic

something nice
Scout
People are clutching at straws if they're trying to take something positive from Carrick tonight. I just hope we have the money to replace him if that's what Fergie wants to do.

carpy

Puff the magic dragon
I mean, he just lost us three games in a row and it was for a meaning, he has been poor at the start of the season.. peaked vs arsenal then he began to turn into utter shite again. FFS let him get a bashing for once in a while.

Also, the refs in the last two games have been shocking. Drogba Offside ? Rafael first yellow ? Sry... videos replays are needed.
I'm pretty sure Carrick can't be blamed for the Chelsea loss considering he didn't play.

Carrick's had an extremely poor season though. He did manage to put together a run of games where he was a lot better earlier in the year but a few good games a season isn't good enough. If we're looking at areas where we can improve next season, I'd start with finding someone to replace Carrick as a regular starter.

ntripunovski

Carrick was again today our worst player.... And this is lasting for some months now... Apart from not doing much in the game it was his fault that it was 3-1...

Tumbling-Dice

Caf Nostradamus
Ridiculous... If he's blind and clueless then Fergie's even more so, having Carricks shititude displayed to him on the training pitch every fecking day.
Clueless post.

Look at our injuries and ageing midfielders, we have no other options but to chance him.

He's been, with the exception of odd games, since Rome, utter utter shite and if you can't see it, really that's not my problem.

I hope he steps it up and becomes integral in our retention of the Premiership. He certainly is able of consistently being one of our best midfielders.
This part of your post is excellent, I hope he well and truly rams my words down my throat. I really do.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Honestly wouldn't be surprised if he was sold this summer. Think Fergie might see him as a scapegoat.

Shimo

On the second goal - him cheaply losing the ball in midfield lead to their corners. It wasn't the first time in the game and it's not the first game he's done it. He concedes possession under pressure in dangerous areas.

If he is going to be our holding midfielder, then he can't be losing the ball like that plain and simple. He has to be stronger, maybe work with Fletcher in the summer to really get stronger. Something. Passing wise he is great but, he needs more fire in him, something to help us fight in the midfield more.

kundalini

On a night when nearly the whole side put in big displays, Carrick was poor again; that's got to be a worry now. It is happening far too often. It wasn't just the first goal. He wasn't releasing the ball early enough, instead getting caught in possession. Perhaps he is short on confidence but it was striking that Gibson looked a far better player than Carrick on the night. The problem is we don't have an obvious replacement who can sit deep and nullify the danger.

DLE

Alternative for Docklands Light Rail
I won't say he's crap, I won't say he's been performing below par in quite a few matches this season, I just want to know why he does not learn from his mistakes. Why does he insist on dillydallying in midfield and let opponents rob the ball to create dangerous situations once or twice every 3 games? Why does he play dangerous backpasses putting his keeper in trouble?

He was an amazing threat. To our keeper.
I don't get it either. He's crap, don't be afraid to say it.

OneUnited24

Because he should never have let Olic anywhere near the ball. Rio's positioning was really shit though, why he got sucked out of position I'll never know :(
I might be wrong but Carrick was tracking Olics run from midfield which would mean Rio and Vidic taking over would be pretty stupid given that he has the run on them

Scholesy

On a night when nearly the whole side put in big displays, Carrick was poor again; that's got to be a worry now. It is happening far too often. It wasn't just the first goal. He wasn't releasing the ball early enough, instead getting caught in possession. Perhaps he is short on confidence but it was striking that Gibson looked a far better player than Carrick on the night. The problem is we don't have an obvious replacement who can sit deep and nullify the danger.
I agree. I think Carrick is great when hes on form, but I he has been lost in recent games.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
For what it's worth: I thought Carrick was, for the first 40 minutes, not bad at all. In fact it was one of his better (one half) performances this season, which isn't saying a great deal admittedly.

My point is that he has had worse overall performances this season. He is unfortunate tonight that he made two atrocious, high profile mistakes. After the first one his head dropped and he played shite....which of course leads to the second mistake. It's a horrible downward spiral when you're out of form.

VoetbalWizard

the thing with the geordie bastard is that he's only 28. i don't know who we can bring in that is 'value for money' in his position. i reckon we could break even if not make a profit on selling him to spurs or italy, but to be honest i can't see him being sold.

djemba's arse

Looks like he hasn't got any confidence left. It is worrying because when Scholes and Giggs retires, he should be the senior figure who carries midfield. Not looking very likely at the moment, unfortunately.

johnmufc

Harsh to blame Carrick for that goal.

The first goal, he could certainly have done better, but as someone else mentioned, he was the one player back challenging - no idea where our defenders were.

Personally I will not blame him for issues such as these, but I am frustrated by his inability to take over (or even control) games.

This for me is our biggest concern at the moment - we don't have the presence in midfield who can do this.
That's a fair criticism and one I would certainly agree with. I don't know why people expect him to be some sort of midfield enforcer when he never has been... And it's not going to start at the age of 28. What he is (or should I say was) is a consistent midfielder who's solid defensively and capable of picking a pass. He hasn't been recently, and that's got to change.

Eriku

Clueless post.

Look at our injuries and ageing midfielders, we have no other options but to chance him.

He's been, with the exception of odd games, since Rome, utter utter shite and if you can't see it, really that's not my problem.
I can see that he's been consistently poor... utter utter shite is the kind of hyperbole that doesn't really serve the discussion :\

This part of your post is excellent, I hope he well and truly rams my words down my throat. I really do.
If you do understand that he's capable of doing just that and that it'd be foolish to junk him and start looking for other players, then I've no gripe with what you're really saying. It's just that the way you say it makes it seem as if you think that Carrick lucked his way through the first two seasons (he was excellent up till the last month and a half or so of last season,) which I find to be silly.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Looks like he hasn't got any confidence left. It is worrying because when Scholes and Giggs retires, he should be the senior figure who carries midfield. Not looking very likely at the moment, unfortunately.
looking very likely... I can 100% say for certain that will never happen.