Casemiro | United Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gavinb33

Horrible signing. A 30 year old who is on premium wages on a 5 year contract. We never learn from past mistakes. Brazilians also tend not to age well in their playing years in their 30s. Any 30 year old should be given a max 3 year contract.
Things Silva is what 38, Fernandinho was 36/7 when he called it a day these are 2 very clear examples

Cafu won the CL at 37 also

Oranges038

Horrible signing. A 30 year old who is on premium wages on a 5 year contract. We never learn from past mistakes. Brazilians also tend not to age well in their playing years in their 30s. Any 30 year old should be given a max 3 year contract.
Thiago Silva is currently strolling through the league at CB he's 37/38.

Fernandinho bossed City's midfield up to last year, he was 36.

Not saying Casemeiro will do that, but if he can give at least 3 good years he'll be worth it.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Hey there!

I’m a Real fan and I just signed up because I wanted to congratulate you about this signing.

Casemiro is not 2nd string, he is the 1st one without any kind of doubt. Our Manager, Ancelotti, is worried, even with Tchouameni, not just because the player we are losing, but the person

Don’t worry about his age, he is in his prime, and he is very wary about his physical condition. At least he has 4-5 year as a top player.

You are not just signing a midfielder, you are signing the best one. He is a fecking monster. And aside from other Brazilian football players, he is very humble and a one of the “captains” we had, doing an awesome job with our Brazilian players teaching them what Real Madrid means (Vinicius, Rodrygo, Militao) and supporting them in every way in order to make them improve.

I can only wish him the best of the lucks and let you know that you just have gain another MU fan, can not wait to see him playing in your team.
Thanks for providing all this information. Nice to hear he has a great mentality and is a good professional.

I am happy with this signing, especially for what he might bring to our terribly unprofessional dressing room.

fergosaurus

Of all the things you could've chosen to moan about, you decide to focus your attention on us signing a brilliant DM in Casemiro.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
People bringing up De Brunyne, Scholes, KDB is not comparing apple to apply.

They're 30+ and performing but they've been in their respective clubs for years, moulded and customed their way of playing to their strenght.

Meanwhile we're having a heart bypass with a broken team plugging Casemiro in there won't mean shite.

Varane the world champion moved to us and become impotent overnight.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Casemiro is a better fit for the current squad vs De Jong.
A De Jong type would be in addition. Imho De Jong would work best with a more stable set up.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Catching up with this thread has you going through some wild posts. :lol:

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
I'm gonna stick my neck out and predict he'll be meh, He'll be exactly like Varane now. Glimpse of good play, goes missing all the time, mysteriously injured and not fit and somehow fade into obscurity.

Come 33 we'll be having the "he used to be class but his legs are gone"

You can quote me on it

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Don't get me wrong, I share the incredible frustration of people that the club ditched a vision of building something for the long haul so quickly, especially after last summer's Ronaldo and Varane haul proved to be so problematic. That they can't build for a more sustained competitive future and keep falling into short term fixes is so damn annoying, while other clubs hoover up young talent.

But hey, here we are. Again.
Has the club ditched a vision of building long term? Building long term doesn't mean that you exclusively bring young players. And it's not as if we haven't brought a fair amount of players that are in the early days of their careers like Sancho, Malacia, Lisandro Martinez or Amad.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
I'm gonna stick my neck out and predict he'll be meh, He'll be exactly like Varane now. Glimpse of good play, goes missing all the time, mysteriously injured and not fit and somehow fade into obscurity.

You can quote me on it
So you can revel in the fact that you told us so? That would be a lot more satisfying than him being fantastic for us wouldn't it?

Schnappo

Completely agree - I'd love FDJ but I think if we can only sign one then Casemiro would be my pick. I’d actually be excited to see a Casemiro, Fred, Eriksen/Bruno midfield. As we saw under Rangnick, Fred pushed further up the pitch is a very effective player.

Laurencio

They're 30+ and performing but they've been in their respective clubs for years, moulded and customed their way of playing to their strenght.

Meanwhile we're having a heart bypass with a broken team plugging Casemiro in there won't mean shite.

I don't think it's fair to judge Varane on last season. Did anyone of our players perform anywhere near to their ability? We were badly coached, our tactics were a mess and our midfield couldn't keep organised for longer than a couple of minutes at a time. I reckon we'll see massive improvement from him this season. Especially if Casemiro comes and we add another top class midfielder.

TonyShneak

Can't help but feel this is just another Di Maria/ Sanchez. Big name signing in the wrong half of his career on obscene wages we'll be saddled with when his form falls off a cliff within the first 2 years. But god do I hope I am wrong. Also hope this isn't the only midfield signing, we need another, a young box to box type.

Real Name

You can quote me on it
Please tell us how you really fell. I'm not entirely sure.

spiriticon

Plugging De Jong in there probably won't mean shite either because our team is that bad, but hey ho 1600 pages of muppetry apprarently!

The rebuild has to start somewhere, and this is a good start if we can't get De Jong.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I'd probably apologise and delete that before the banhammer hits. Casual racism isn't cool.

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
I’m guessing Edemilson, Thiago Motta(switched to Italy) Emerson( Roma one) Maicon, Dani Alves, Cafu, Gilberto Silva, Thiago Silva, Fernandinho, Lucio aren’t all Brazilians. They all played at a high level past their 30s but go ahead and make up stuff. This is a great signing, best DM in the world and adds balance and protection to the team.

Pronewbie

Peep
Completely agree - I'd love FDJ but I think if we can only sign one then Casemiro would be my pick. I’d actually be excited to see a Casemiro, Fred, Eriksen/Bruno midfield. As we saw under Rangnick, Fred pushed further up the pitch is a very effective player.
Yes I was pleasantly surprised with what I saw from Fred when he played as a roaming CM.

devil99

why ? makes no difference to anybody on here how much they are paid.
Same here. I don’t care anymore about getting good deals saving money for Glazers. I would rather get the players who will make fans looking forward to the weekend rather than dross getting served now.
If Barca can pull few levers we can too if it comes to that stage

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
You can't win with our fans.

Just a week ago, before any sort of leak on this one, there was a thread on this same forum saying is he the best holding mid ever!

Now we have the chance to sign him, and upgrade an area with McFred only, then suddenly people are slating it!? Unreal.

Highfather_24

Casemiro would be amazing, but we desperately need another midfielder. One injury to him, and we are fecked again. We need more quality, and we should sell VdB if we need funds.

Woodzy

I don’t see how anyone can moan about this tbh.

Let’s moan about how the feck we ended up here in the first place, but somehow regardless how we got here we have played a blinder.

3-4 years of not having to worry about a DM is a pretty good feeling when the rest of our team also needs gutting.

Salford_Red83

Hey there!

I’m a Real fan and I just signed up because I wanted to congratulate you about this signing.

Casemiro is not 2nd string, he is the 1st one without any kind of doubt. Our Manager, Ancelotti, is worried, even with Tchouameni, not just because the player we are losing, but the person

Don’t worry about his age, he is in his prime, and he is very wary about his physical condition. At least he has 4-5 year as a top player.

You are not just signing a midfielder, you are signing the best one. He is a fecking monster. And aside from other Brazilian football players, he is very humble and a one of the “captains” we had, doing an awesome job with our Brazilian players teaching them what Real Madrid means (Vinicius, Rodrygo, Militao) and supporting them in every way in order to make them improve.

I can only wish him the best of the lucks and let you know that you just have gain another MU fan, can not wait to see him playing in your team.
This thread is filled with a lot of doom - sayers.
What a refreshing take your post is. Thank you.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Nah. Our biggest problems are in possession, even more so as we try to turn into an ETH style side that increases the demands on the players in that regard. And FDJ does far more to address those issues that Casemiro does.

There's a reason FDJ was ETH's main summer target.

MinGin

I didn't say break the bank but if you buy Caciedo at 40m for example at a quarter of the wages, he would be a better long term fit than Casemiro considering we are rebuilding. Makelele was forced out of Madrid and was motivated to prove them wrong. In addition, he was already joining a strong team in Chelsea who had younger quality players around him. Chasing Top 4 and playing the EPL could mean Casemiro loses that 5-10% motivation to play to his best, I mean he's already assured of his retirement package from what we will be paying him. Kone is highly regarded but even him and Caciedo end up being busts, they will likely still have resale value due to them being young. We could be stuck with Casemiro's on the decline in 2 years but still be on De Gea wages. Look how much trouble we had with Sanchez, rinse and repeat
Why do you think 40m can buy Caciedo from Brighton when they just sold a LB with 65m ? 40m+ for a unproved 20 years old player who just played 31 matches European football is a risk when they develop not that well afterwards and have a bigger contract.
Also, do Caciedo adopt to provide what we need immediately compared to Casemiro? Yes, i agree Caciedo may has a high potential but his potential needs time to grow (at least not this year) and We need battle ready players to bring us back to better league position NOW.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
Reading some replies on here to pessimistic posts, it's almost like I'm living in some parallel universe where every single signing we have made the last 10 years has been an undeniable success and that these cautious and negative posters are being unreasonable :lol:

Face it, 95% of the signings we have made, even supposedly world class ones, have not worked out. So I think people can be forgiven for being skeptical, rather than being shut down and told to accept just how great this signing is going to be

DevilRed

You can quote me on it
To be fair, if we don't have a successor and/or FDJ in place by then, we deserve it.

All focus should be on getting the glazers out, but it doesn't take a genius to work out that our midfield needs a major revamp. This is just the start hopefully.

Salford_Red83

Oh, go away

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
I don't think it's fair to judge Varane on last season. Did anyone of our players perform anywhere near to their ability? We were badly coached, our tactics were a mess and our midfield couldn't keep organised for longer than a couple of minutes at a time. I reckon we'll see massive improvement from him this season. Especially if Casemiro comes and we add another top class midfielder.
How's it not fair to judge one of the best defender in the world suddenly playing like lost puppies.

As a defender it should be very easy to show your class. Your team might still lose, granted. But a good defender would always shows his value.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
So you can revel in the fact that you told us so? That would be a lot more satisfying than him being fantastic for us wouldn't it?
It's crazy how many people seem to be hoping that he fails for us – just so they can say that they were right. I guess if you want to see anything as negative, then you will sometimes be proven correct in your thoughts.

But a hell of a depressing way to exist.

AdNani

Nah. Our biggest problems are in possession, even more so as we try to turn into an ETH style side that increases the demands on the players in that regard. And FDJ does far more to address those issues that Casemiro does.

There's a reason FDJ was ETH's main summer target.
Our biggest issue for the last year has been how easy it is to play through our midfield and there being no protection for the CB's.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
I’m guessing Edemilson, Thiago Motta(switched to Italy) Emerson( Roma one) Maicon, Dani Alves, Cafu, Gilberto Silva, Thiago Silva, Fernandinho, Lucio aren’t all Brazilians. They all played at a high level past their 30s but go ahead and make up stuff. This is a great signing, best DM in the world and adds balance and protection to the team.
This guy is just thinking of Ronaldinho and Adriano the party boys and R9 where injuries done him along with his hyper thyroidism.

Ignnorance to fit a narrative without doing proper research is extremely common.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
You can't win with our fans.

Just a week ago, before any sort of leak on this one, there was a thread on this same forum saying is he the best holding mid ever!

Now we have the chance to sign him, and upgrade an area with McFred only, then suddenly people are slating it!? Unreal.
Just a couple of days ago people were saying sign anyone now weve almost signed one of the best DM in the World people are saying hes too old hes past it :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.