Casemiro | United Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Hahahahahaha, he's 30 years old too unless he's a stop gap for 3 years.

not happening

Rolaholic

Would be a godsend for us as he's still the best DM in the world but why would he leave the reigning Spanish and European champions to join us??

He's still an unquestioned starter there

Last edited:

DeGea’sFeet

Last year they signed Ronaldo and it worked to shut up the fans. This year I feel like Arnold, Murtough and the Glazers have a list of known players that they randomly select to link to the club in order to shut up the fans. Then at the end they can say, the money was there but we just couldn’t get the players to come.

DeGea’sFeet

Sad thing is there’s probably a generation growing up in South America who associate Manchester with Manchester City, and if they are aware of United think of us as “that other club that’s always getting beaten badly”

Tallis

Can Madrid be nice to us and loan him for 2 years ? They have Camavinga and Tchouameni to fill in.

Charles Miller

Would be a godsend for us as he's still the best DM in the world but why would be leave the reigning Spanish and European champions to join us?

He's still an unquestioned starter there
Tchouameni, World Cup year and Fabinho.

Tallis

Why would he want this. Surprised he's only 30. Not a chance.
He has already won 4-5 champions league and handful of la Liga. He is looking for a fresh challenge and wants to help us finish in the top 10.

Last edited:

Rolaholic

Tchouameni, World Cup year and Fabinho.
Tchouameni is far from ready to fill his shoes just yet...Ancelotti admitted it himseld on the weekend.

Casemiro is still the unquestioned starter there and he'll be the unquestioned starter for Brazil as well

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Tchouameni is far from ready to fill his shoes just yet...Ancelotti admitted it himseld on the weekend.

Casemiro is still the unquestioned starter there and he'll be the unquestioned starter for Brazil as well
yeah watching Casemiro, modric, kroos morph into Tchouameni, Camavinga, Valverde whilst we probably continue with mcfred for the next couple of years is going to be painful

Alemar

Why would he want this. Surprised he's only 30. Not a chance.
Not all the clubs are as shit at selling players as we are. Madrid understands when to sell - now is a great time to monetise Casemiro. Next year he would probably yield only half the fee, if that.

Rolaholic

Not all the clubs are as shit at selling players as we are. Madrid understands when to sell - now is a great time to monetise Casemiro. Next year he would probably yield only half the fee, if that.
They do but he's coming off a season where he ended up on the Ballon D'Or shortlist and is still an integral part of their squad, they won't move him this summer. Their manager would never sanction it and I doubt the player would want to leave either.

Maybe next year when Tchouameni has more experience and if he has a dip in form, absolutely can't see it happening though even if we weren't a dumpster fire currently

Madridista2000

Supports
Real Madrid
There is no way in hell Casemiro is going to be sold this season.

Modric and Kroos get's lot's of praise along with Benzema. However Casemiro is as important if not more. Casemiro was the first proper replacement for Makelele and he came one decade later.

Real Madrid first choice defensive midfielder is Casemiro. And he is still miles better then Tchoumeini. Maybe in 2-3 season he will be sold.

There is no point in selling Casemiro for 50-60 million. You can't get anything decent these days for that kind of Money.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Get Modric and Kroos while at it. Go from the worst midfield to the best.

lex talionis

Casemiro might have been interested in joining United (under the present circumstances at Real) had we demonstrated that we're something of a force to be reckoned with this season and next. But no one opts to leave the CL holder to a bottom-dweller like United, even if it is United.

Laurencio

There's no way Casemiro is having any of it.
I don't think there's anything to it, but the Glazers wouldn't be beyond doubling his wages if they sense a crisis that would make the club's value plummet.

He's making 215k euros at Madrid? I could see us offer 400k gbp a week on a 4 year contract with performance bonuses. He's 30, has won everything and could be thinking about how to maximize his income in his final career years.

Again, I think it's a non story, but I doubt anyone else would be paying him as much as we would be prepared to. That is a lot of retirement money after all.

the_cliff

Don't want this to happen. I've watched Madrid a lot over the last 3-4 years, he's a brilliant player but if he does come it would be to collect retirement money which is not what's needed, we need young and hungry midfielders right now not this.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Isn't this just his people doing a Ramos? Link to gullible incompetent United and shazam: new contract.

Rolaholic

Don't want this to happen. I've watched Madrid a lot over the last 3-4 years, he's a brilliant player but if he does come it would be to collect retirement money which is not what's needed, we need young and hungry midfielders right now not this.
We need quality in midfield and he would be the absolute best/top of the class option we could get at that position.

Unfortunately I think it's even more pie in the sky than De Jong at this point.

On the last part, the young and hungry midfielders aren't looking to join us anymore nowadays...

Laurencio

I disagree. A young hungry midfielder would be swallowed alive by the shit mentality of our senior players. Like Sancho who is clearly being dragged down by their nonsense. We need leaders who can drag us out of the loser mentality.

Rolaholic

De Bruyne is fast becoming one of the best midfielders the PL has ever seen before our eyes recently so yes would be hard to put Modric ahead of him.

Doesn't take anything away from him though, Modric is an all-timer and his resume will stack up with anyone ever when he's done.

the_cliff

I disagree. A young hungry midfielder would be swallowed alive by the shit mentality of our senior players. Like Sancho who is clearly being dragged down by their nonsense. We need leaders who can drag us out of the loser mentality.
My thinking is it would take somebody to come in and want to win and change the whole culture of the team. Casemiro coming in at 30 on sky high wages having already won it all may not have the right incentive to want to change things as much.

We need quality in midfield and he would be the absolute best/top of the class option we could get at that position.

Unfortunately I think it's even more pie in the sky than De Jong at this point.

On the last part, the young and hungry midfielders aren't looking to join us anymore nowadays...
One thing about Madrid is they do seem to get rid of their players at the perfect time. I can see them accepting a big bid for Casemiro now Tchouameni and Camavinga are there.

I disagree with the bolded, we could easily get Caicedo from Brighton or a Bennacer from Milan.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
He's 30 and signed a new, 4-year contract last summer. He's unlikely to go anywhere given those circumstances.

Rolaholic

One thing about Madrid is they do seem to get rid of their players at the perfect time. I can see them accepting a big bid for Casemiro now Tchouameni and Camavinga are there.

I disagree with the bolded, we could easily get Caicedo from Brighton or a Bennacer from Milan.
If it was so easy we would be able to do it but I can't remember the last time we got a hungry young player off of a PL rival. Maybe Lukaku but we know how that turned out.

I'd bite Brightons hand off for Caicedo but I don't see it happening

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I mean, if you offer us something in the region of €100M, sure, maybe we might sell

Status
Not open for further replies.