Casemiro | United Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
To earn de Gea level monies maybe? We may pay him 50% more than Real does, maybe even 75% more.
Well, according to a quick Google, he's already earning pretty well whilst playing in a world class team that's winning top trophies. No chance this is anything other than contract negotiation tactics, or just made up rubbish.

Laurencio

My thinking is it would take somebody to come in and want to win and change the whole culture of the team. Casemiro coming in at 30 on sky high wages having already won it all may not have the right incentive to want to change things as much.
I agree, but players with strong collective mentalities who have the merits to force players to respect them is a lot better at doing that than a young kid trying to prove himself. We have a bunch of very senior players with loser mentalities- Shaw, Maguire, Rashford, Bruno (wake the feck up man), etc. Winners want to win - regardless of what is going on.

From the players we have been linked with, regardless of how realistic it is, Casemiro and de Jong are the only ones who fit that bill. Casemiro led Brazil during the debacle of the Copa America and de Jong is performing exceptionally despite the president of his club having launched a media smear campaign against him.

It is unrealistic that we get them, but we most definitely shouldn't discount them if we can get them.

Alemar

From the players we have been linked with, regardless of how realistic it is, Casemiro and de Jong are the only ones who fit that bill. Casemiro led Brazil during the debacle of the Copa America and de Jong is performing exceptionally despite the president of his club having launched a media smear campaign against him.
In order to rectify the situation, we actually need to sign both de Jong and Casemiro. Then it will be a very good functional midfield

Robertd0803

Id question why players even use us a ploy for contract renewals at this point, I imagine the club would just laugh it off at the thought of us buying a player from them.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Seems highly unlikely of course given his quality and the current state of United, but you do wonder how exactly Real are going to guarantee significant minutes to all of Casemiro, Modric, Kroos, Tchouameni and Camavinga...

(I left Valverde out as I realise he is playing wide-right at the moment)

worldinmotion66

I'd rather throw everything at Valverde. Not that he or anyone else would want to join us right now.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
A double pivot of de jong and casemiro is a tantalizing prospect indeed!

De jong casemiro
Eriksen(or bruno)
Shame there's no chance of it happens but a man can dream.

Alemar

Will never happen
Why? I think 150m pounds would be enough to get both - and it would be monies well spent (besides we will then be able to offload McTominay to recoup 10% of the above, making it even better).

croadyman

Why? I think 150m pounds would be enough to get both - and it would be monies well spent (besides we will then be able to offload McTominay to recoup 10% of the above, making it even better).
Where we getting that from

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
De Bruyne is fast becoming one of the best midfielders the PL has ever seen before our eyes recently so yes would be hard to put Modric ahead of him.

Doesn't take anything away from him though, Modric is an all-timer and his resume will stack up with anyone ever when he's done.
KdB is fantastic.

And I’d still take a 37y old Modric over him.

Alemar

Where we getting that from
Well, 100m euro would be enough for de Jong (including covering wages), and it’s about 85m pounds. Then we have 65m pounds left - it’s more than 75m euro. Real may sell Casemiro for these monies considering his age and their squad depth

croadyman

Well, 100m euro would be enough for de Jong (including covering wages), and it’s about 85m pounds. Then we have 65m pounds left - it’s more than 75m euro. Real may sell Casemiro for these monies considering his age and their squad depth
Pipe dream frustratingly

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
178 posts!

It’s the hope that will kill anyone thinking this has the remotest possibility of happening unless we do something dumb, even for us.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Actually with Tchouameni & Camavinga both eyeing that DM spot (although Camavinga will probably play a bit further up) I wouldn't be surprised if Real would let Casemiro go. They can be quite brutal in letting players go when they feel like they're already on the brink of decline (and Casemiro's playing style is heavily reliant on his physique) but still retain ~peak monetary value. So if United were to offer some stupid sum...

Why would Casemiro want to go to us is another question though.
One season too early — but as for why; on£ reason only, right?

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
One season too early — but as for why; on£ reason only, right?
In an open market, you’d wonder how many clubs would be in for him; oil clubs that can outright outbid us; teams with serious CL aspirations. It’s not just why would he come here: he’d have his pick of stellar clubs, and rightly so.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Not a chance Real would sell or he would want to come. Some journalists are really quite stupid

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
When he says talks over Casemiro, he probably literally means Murtough and Arnold are spitballing, and one says to the other “what about Casemiro?”. I don’t believe either Real or the player would be up for it.

Hoof the ball

What the feck kind of bullshit is this? We're struggling to get Juve outcast Rabiot, so our Rabiot back-up plan is the current best DM in the game today? I mean, what? :lol:

Deal for Sesko broke down. Looks like we'll have to move for Benzema instead.

2 man midfield

What the feck kind of bullshit is this? We're struggling to get Juve outcast Rabiot, so our Rabiot back-up plan is the current best DM in the game today? I mean, what? :lol:

Deal for Sesko broke down. Looks like we'll have to move for Benzema instead.
Hey that’s not supposed to happen until 2029.

Laurencio

When he says talks over Casemiro, he probably literally means Murtough and Arnold are spitballing, and one says to the other “what about Casemiro?”. I don’t believe either Real or the player would be up for it.
There are internal discussions considering preparing to make a bid. :lol:

Idxomer

At this point, I think they are deliberately trolling the fans.

Are they Liverpool and City fans in disguise?

2 man midfield

There are internal discussions considering preparing to make a bid. :lol:
Deliberating over whether or not to consider monitoring the player with a view to weigh up assessing whether or not we should prepare an offer if all conditions are satisfact...oh feck he’s signed for someone else.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
I can see it now, we'll waste the rest of the window chasing this instead of buying a realistic option and be left with nothing.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
This is a crazy rumour. No chance of this at all :lol:

He wouldn't even think of coming here either.

Status
Not open for further replies.