Casemiro | United Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
It would be a good signing for Manchester United but I would not sell him just yet. We apparently are loaded in his position but overall the team still lacks reinforcements in other areas and Kroos is already on his last legs, and specially I don't think the team is going to sell him this late on the window.

Anyway I'm sure he's not that much interested unless United plans to put him on obscene wages.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Really excited about this one. Would definitely expect him to improve us a lot.
Hopefully this is an exception to high profile signings not working out at United. Really tired of seeing teams walking past our midfield while the two clowns who usually play there are either in the attacking third or left on their ass somewhere near the half line.
Whilst you're of course correct that he massively improves us on paper at least.....you do have to wonder about his motives. To leave Madrid for us right now can only be financially motivated. That's a huge concern.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Haha so what he did not watch a utd game before.... clearly we have lacked a quality DM for 5+ seasons, in reality since Keane left
Cant blame a new coach too much for wanting to come in and make his own mind up about players after he coaches them. Plus he might have seen them on the training ground and they may have looked good. Just horrendous under the pressure of a real match.

NewYorkRed

Whilst you're of course correct that he massively improves us on paper at least.....you do have to wonder about his motives. To leave Madrid for us right now can only be financially motivated. That's a huge concern.
Why? He’s won all there it is to win there so he could easily want a new challenge.

Also, if I leave my bank for another one thats offering more money…what exactly is the issue?

danamann

Signing him would end any (however delusional) hope of a coherent transfer strategy.

daba

I understand why people are concerned at throwing so much money at a 30 year old that has won it all, but this really is a necessary signing on so many levels.
  • He’s got a fantastic attitude and work rate- he won’t be coming to United to take it easy!
  • We are in desperate need of a player with Casemiro’s presence and shithousery. We have become a team of softies that teams don’t fear.
  • We’ve tried signing up and coming players and it’s not worked out. We need a couple of experienced heads to steer us in the right direction.
  • A signing of this calibre will attract a lot of interest and make our club more attractive again for the likes of De Jong.
  • He’s a winner- the more you can get the better.
  • His positional sense and reading of the game should allow him to play at a high level well into his thirties!
Completely agree. Plus maybe just maybe, it could put us in a position for De Jong in January. Or have I gone too far?

acnumber9

It is the nature of the club, that we weren't even talking to this player until the last 48 hours. We have no plan, the scattergun approach we have seen over the last few days, back up my view that our recruitment policy is terrible. Casemiro is/has been a great player, but we are going to overpay and give him a long contract that no other club would dream of doing. We are desperate.

Caceido we have scouted for a while, and it was a deal we were interested in doing before, but for complexities of agents/ownership rights. He is 20 years old, and his performance at OT was as good as one for that profile of player as you could hope. He would give us at least 6 years service , so it would be a good investment, and you have the added benefit of his family being utd fans, so money wouldn't necessarily be the overriding factor for being here, whereas other than piles of money, why would Casemiro come here?? Do the math pal, you know I'm right :lol:
You’re advocating signing a player that Brighton will demand big money for on the basis of one performance at Old Trafford. The boat for picking up as a gamble has gone. How much money do you think we’d have to spend on him? If he fails we’re no better off.

His family are United fans? Seriously? You think that plays any role. The player himself being a fan means next to nothing. You are advocating splashing £50m on a gamble on one game and his family being fans. You really can’t claim the intellectual high ground here.

Hackman2210

Why? He’s won all there it is to win there so he could easily want a new challenge.

Also, if I leave my bank for another one thats offering more money…what exactly is the issue?
Dont be naive = its all the money dude, mercenary incoming.

Stretfordender786

We’re getting casemiro
I don’t think you understand
6ft1 Brazilian
The greatest in the land
Alez alez Alezzz

daba

Can't get excited about this at all. Isn't this exactly against what Rangnick said we should be doing? Brazilians aren't necessarily known for their longevity either. Awful planning and management as usual by United.
What a load of guff. Thiago Silva and Fernandinho say hi.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Casemiro
Fred - McT
I'm sure you're taking the piss (and we almost certainly won't actually line up like that even if we get Casemiro), but that genuinely is a 100x better midfield than Fred and McT as a double pivot with nobody else behind them.

TheReligion

Abusive
Personally Id be gutted if we splash £60mil on a 30year old defensive mid. But the clubs in such a state and we are desperate. Thats the word for UTD at the moment - fecking desperate for anything, no patience from the fans either, 2 years from now we'll be complaning cos no one will take casimero off our hands as we are paying him £300k per week. If he was any fecking good RM wouldnt be selling him!!!!!!! That is the bottom line isnt it - it he was that good he wouldnt be getting sold. Pants down gentlemen - time to get buggered again. Angel Di Maria, Varane and now Casimero.
This keeps getting recycled by people who haven’t read the thread and haven’t looked at the deal or player in great detail. It’s pretty tedious.

Dempsey19

I'm sure you're taking the piss (and we almost certainly won't actually line up like that even if we get Casemiro), but that genuinely is a 100x better midfield than Fred and McT as a double pivot with nobody else behind them.
Yes I am 100% taking the piss. If we actually lined up that way Id be fuming. But indeed it does look much better than just seeing McFred.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Personally Id be gutted if we splash £60mil on a 30year old defensive mid. But the clubs in such a state and we are desperate. Thats the word for UTD at the moment - fecking desperate for anything, no patience from the fans either, 2 years from now we'll be complaning cos no one will take casimero off our hands as we are paying him £300k per week. If he was any fecking good RM wouldnt be selling him!!!!!!! That is the bottom line isnt it - it he was that good he wouldnt be getting sold. Pants down gentlemen - time to get buggered again. Angel Di Maria, Varane and now Casimero.
Not a problem I think Cardiff will have. :wenger:

TheReligion

Abusive
Yep he’s been trolling the thread

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Me! Plus Varane vibes - if he was that good they wouldnt be selling him! Club is a dumpster fire - why would he want to come here other than money.........
Wanting more money is not a bad thing though, as long as he plays well and earns that money.

GreatDane

Isn’t Casimero and Fred the goto pairing for the Brazilian national team? If so, shouldn’t that make Fred a resource? Casimero wins the ball, Fred runs and both of them gives the ball to Bruno. All with a Portuguese flavour :drool:
Only for Bruno to lose it, give it to Eriksen and it might work.

royalewithcheese2006

Supports
A Director of Football
Of course if would be financially motivated. I'm just hoping that we finally get someone professional enough to do justice to what he earns at the club. I'm not even thinking about the some of the players whose terrible attitudes might rub off on him. (Well I just did think of it and that gives me the shivers).

Casemiro and hopefully a couple of other mentally strong players, hopefully at rb and in midfield can turn things around. That and us not playing the likes of Shaw who doesn't give a shit would definitely help. Might be wishful thinking but a man can dream.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
It would be a good signing for Manchester United but I would not sell him just yet. We apparently are loaded in his position but overall the team still lacks reinforcements in other areas and Kroos is already on his last legs, and specially I don't think the team is going to sell him this late on the window.

Anyway I'm sure he's not that much interested unless United plans to put him on obscene wages.
You wouldn’t take 60m for a 30 year old player? When you’ve already got his replacement in your squad?

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Of course but Mctominator would not have the same stats playing with them, you cant polish a turd:nervous:
There is another angle to that, because Casemiro joining means we can FINALLY stop playing guys like Fred and McTominay out of positions. This IMO will turn things massively in our favour. And who knows, maybe, maybe if we put McTominay on the right side of midfield 3 and tell him to keep it simple, we might have an useful player.
Obviously, it is far from ideal, but it puts our midfield in a completely different situation.
This is also why I was against buying De Jong since we can't put around him players who would get the best of him. With Casemiro, it's a different story.

Hackman2210

This keeps getting recycled by people who haven’t read the thread and haven’t looked at the deal or player in great detail. It’s pretty tedious.
Why is it? He's coming for a payday! Its an insane transfer and doesnt fit what we are trying to do at all. Young hungry players needed - instead we go galactico again. Its the impatience of fans and the lack of a coherent strategy by the club that has got us into our current mess - this is just extending it. Keep the £60m warm and see who shines at the WC - buy them in Jan.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Casemiro, Fred with Eriksen ahead is someway there to being a top midfield. We do lack a Scholes type to link it altogether. Frenkie would have fit that role like a glove. I hope we’re in the market for another midfielder - someone that can be that glue.

Status
Not open for further replies.