Casemiro | United Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deathgeoff

If this happens, this is actually a great signing. Surely you folks are happy about this?

KeanoMagicHat

I believe this is a great signing. Panicked but still great. Can't believe we've got him or he's coming here. Understand people being like "there must be something wrong with him for coming to this toxic club" but a coup is a coup. Transfer fee is a bit too expensive, wages are a bit too high. But he's miles, miles better than what we have in that position. He's a generational defensive midfielder arriving at a club with a set of defensive midfielders that are more suited to a lower mid-table team. The fact he plays with Fred for Brazil is a win also in terms of settling down quickly. The first bit of optimism this summer.

Nights

He's a completely different player to De Jong who was Ten hag's number one target, surely we still need someone who can dictate the game? Am I missing something?
Because ETH is going to sell playing with Casemiro rather than the McTominator as a selling point to FDJ.

At least that’s what my inner muppet says.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Have I missed something here. Why on earth would he leave Madrid for us?
Suits Madrid, he wants a new challenge and gets a long contract on lots of money.

Everybody happy. (until he plays for us :p )

Woodzy

I really want to moan about this signing but I can’t. It’s not really a panic buy but more of a ‘where the feck did that come from’ buy.

fergosaurus

This doesn't feel real. We'll be so much more solid in the middle and he brings a winning mentality to the squad. Replacing McTominay with this guy is surely one of the biggest upgrades in football history. Great signing!

pseudo_canadian

People complaining about fecking Casemiro of all players because he’s 30 are being utterly ridiculous

We’re signing the best DM in modern football who has plenty of years in him in a position we desperately needed. Get a grip.

El-Manos

Do you remember that thread: predict your starting 11 post transfer window.
I bet you nobody had Casemiro in :lol:

BuzzKillington

Defensively think he's good positionally, makes good interceptions and is generally good at pressing the opposition. He's better on the ball than what we have in midfield but my impression is that he's probably not the prototype DM ETH would have in playing out from the back and progressing play.
Tackles, interceptions, aerial duels, positioning, pressures in the defensive third, short passing are all excellent. Medium and long passing is good, but he’s got Modric and Kroos next to him so not often do you see him do that. Not much of a dribbler and doesn’t run with the ball a ton, but again because Madrid transition quickly with the likes of Vinicius. If I was to single out his best attributes, his positioning and intelligence in reading the game, defensively, are second to none.
Thanks. So in short would you say he’s good enough that we could play him in a two with someone like Bruno or Eriksen?

Tiber

get 1 more CM in and get both parts of McFred as far away from the club as possible and we might make real progress

saik

No more Mctominay :')
This is the thing I'm most excited about. He will be the first one out of the team if we make any midfield additions. Can't take anymore of those yellow card because he can't control a ball.

DevTheRed

Yep although can see Fred involved too
From what I’ve read Ten Hag likes to have a connector from the midfield to the forwards.. I can see him doing this pretty well. He’s at his best when he plays further forward too.

BorisManUtd

That probably confirms we're not getting de Jong and will try for some other player as we'll still have some money after paying for Casemiro.

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
Have I missed something here. Why on earth would he leave Madrid for us?
Don’t overthink it, unlike some of OUR fans , some still have huge respect for the club and want to join and take us back to the top.

KeanoMagicHat

People complaining about fecking Casemiro of all players because he’s 30 are being utterly ridiculous

We’re signing the best DM in modern football who has plenty of years in him in a position we desperately needed. Get a grip.
Exactly, Makelele was 30 when he came to Chelsea in 2003. And he ended up having the role named after him. Makelele had come to Chelsea for a "pay day" (Abramovich money) and had won a CL already too.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Where are all the king Muppets from the De Jong thread? Can Muppets only focus on 1 transfer at a time?

FatTails

Thanks. So in short would you say he’s good enough that we could play him in a two with someone like Bruno or Eriksen?
In theory, yes, but I think neither can fully do what Modric does. Many don’t realize how insanely good Modric is at all sorts of passing, and at progressing the ball.

He might not be enough on his own, but he’ll help us immensely.

izec

get 1 more CM in and get both parts of McFred as far away from the club as possible and we might make real progress
Maybe Casemiro can guide Fred, like with the NT. I would not write him off completely yet, as he can be a bit more attacking now and not play the holding role.

Status
Not open for further replies.