Casemiro | United Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
Casemiro is not coming into a well defined system or team though. Even if he comes we still don't know what the best 11 is.
Also, he's a good player but he's playing alongside Modric and Kroos two absolutely outstanding players who can make good players look great. We don't have that.

Now Cas is a good player but we need more than him and he needs more than what we currently have. Bruno with his god-awful erratic passing, Eriksen isn't as energetic as he once was, Fred is so-so and the less said about McTom the better.

If we sign Casemiro good, though I obviously have my doubts, but you need to put him alongside similar class.
How will we have similar class players if we don’t sign them? Casemiro is one so we sign him. Thennnnn put him next to other class signings. We don’t have a defined system? Well let’s build one with Casemiro. There is no zero downside to this transfer.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I'm surprised to see this thread still going. Is he really interested or trying to get a better contract from Real? I mean, why would they sell him?

I just don't see how this is possible at all.

joedirt87

I wonder if ETH would still stick with current set up if they landed Casemiro. Brazil have played in a 4-2-3-1 with him and Fred at the base for quite some time now I believe, but the international game is so much different. He's played in a 3 with 2 absolute class players of this generation in Kroos and Modric. Plus the added speed and physicality of the Prem.

izec

No one doubts Casemiro quality. Giving him 5 years deal on high salary will be ultimate stupidity that'll be cost us a lot. He's 30 years old, for feck sake. Anything more than 30m and 3 years contract will be Real Madrid robbing us again.
70m + 363k a week for 5 years for a 30 year old Brazilian.

Madness

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Fabian Ruiz, Parades, Sangare, N’didi, Tielemans etc
Ruiz has joined PSG, Parades doesn't want to come and he isnt good enough, Ndidi is again 60m + , Sangare just signed a new contract and PSV won't sell now. Tielemans isn't as good as other guys !

Alemar

70m + 363k a week for 5 years for a 30 year old Brazilian.

Madness
It’s better to pay for top talent and play well than to continue this McFred painful suffering. Enough is enough

Jam

So like any level headed person I completely brushed off the initial interest as comical…. But glancing at this thread people seem to think it’s happening?

Have I missed something that moved this from pie in the sky silliness to legitimate possibility?

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I love Casemeiro, he's a bloody fantastic footballer... But with the amount of money he would cost, and the amount of money we'd have to pay him... It doesn't make much financial sense to me.

Kostov

Let’s not do anything stupid now John, I’d rather see Zidane and Savage than watching Casemiro stink up the place by next summer when his inevitable decline hits and all while being on 300k a week.

Fosu-Mens

He is similar to McT in abilities, albeit a lot better. Still, at his age, EtH possessionoriented style of play etc; seems like desperation and panic because he is not what we need at all. We need midfielders that can transition the ball from defence to attack and that can pass the ball.
Casemiro is almost purely a defensive midfielder and not the best at passing or on the ball under pressure.

But hey, why not give him (30 year old player with a lot of miles in his legs, with a style of play dependent on being in good shape and after his last big payday) a 5 year megacontract... Just add another overpaid, unsuited player to our squad...

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I'm surprised to see this thread still going. Is he really interested or trying to get a better contract from Real? I mean, why would they sell him?

I just don't see how this is possible at all.
He's likely interested because he's getting a better contract, a obscene one at that.

bakalhau

I do not dislike the idea of having Varane, Casemiro and Ronaldo playing together again in United.

Butty19

Ruiz has joined PSG, Parades doesn't want to come and he isnt good enough, Ndidi is again 60m + , Sangare just signed a new contract and PSV won't sell now. Tielemans isn't as good as other guys !
yeah but 2/3 months ago they’re situations were different. They are all better than our current midfielders bar Eriksen.

OrcaFat

Unsure why you make the point then? It’s totally irrelevant to the discussion.

£59m is not a huge amount these days and he’s literally the best in class DM in the world.

United still want another CM and still retain interest in De Jong. It’s not one or the other.

It seems you have no idea what you’re talking about.
I agree. That post you replied to was total nonsense.

dbs235

We've been stung so many times by similar signings. But in our current state I'd be absolutely willing to take the risk :lol:

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
If available just buy him. Money is not matter. Have to give ETH enough good tools to make things work.

If player willing to come one of world class at his position at present just get it done.

Nobody guarantees what will happen in future but you have to make present to work out to have a better future.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
The line is genuine. He spoke for El Chiringuito 3 hours ago. This is the source.
That explains it. Thanks for the heads up. I feel like this is kind of sensationalistic, and I'd like to know what gives JFD this idea, especially since Casemiro's also happy enough to stick around at Real Madrid and the club not necessarily willing to sell the player.

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
No one doubts Casemiro quality. Giving him 5 years deal on high salary will be ultimate stupidity that'll be cost us a lot. He's 30 years old, for feck sake. Anything more than 30m and 3 years contract will be Real Madrid robbing us again.
Yes. The mind boggles if we make this mistake yet again.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
I’m at the point now where feck the money the glazers won’t invest it anywhere else anyway so feck it pay up get a world class DM.

I really dislike the club right now.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Too much money, no matter how good he is. These type of wages lead to jealousy and no sustainable development.

I'd still love him in our shirt but before he's here, I prefer doing smarter business.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
The financial outlay on this deal is disgraceful if any of what's reported is true. I hope none of it is true and that its purely being pushed by United as a smoke screen to get Barce to force the De Jong deal through.

I would take Casemiro for €20m on a €200k weekly wage, maximum. Should not be paying a penny more.

J2J

Casemiro-Kroos-Modric is regarded as the best midfield of the last 6/7 years, and he's the youngest of the 3. I'm sure he could play at a world class level for at least another 3 years.

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
The financial outlay on this deal is disgraceful if any of what's reported is true. I hope none of it is true and that its purely being pushed by United as a smoke screen to get Barce to force the De Jong deal through.

I would take Casemiro for €20m on a €200k weekly wage, maximum. Should not be paying a penny more.
Is disgraceful a step up or down from embarrassing?

Status
Not open for further replies.