Casemiro | United Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I think we need him so much more than Frenkie. Happy to see the official announcement!
Clearly Ten Hag absolutely sh!T himself realising how physically weak we are in a lot of positions. This certainly helps that no end.

lex talionis

Would be very annoying if he's the only CM we sign as we'll still have nobody to progress the ball up the pitch effectively. We still need a De Jong type player.
Indeed we do, but Eriksen is a solid acquisition for us in such a role.

Wal2Fra

I believe this will be as influential a signing as RVP (difference between 2nd and the title).
With Ronaldo last year, the buzz was more around having CR7 back at United. With Varane, it was about having someone to get more (or paper over the cracks of Maguire) but this one really feels like it will take us up a level from where we are.

The backline will be under less pressure, the forwards will spend more time with ball in attacking positions as opposed to chasing back all game. More freedom for Bruno or Erikson to create and take risks, knowing we have a player capable of winning the ball back.

Others will see Casemiro here, his desire to for a new challenge and will hopefully see the potential in the project under ETH.

Dazzmondo

Really hoping this signing is as good as it should be on paper. Realistically should have everything we need in a dm, even if it is quite short term.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Never in a million years did I expect us to sign Varane and Casemiro from Madrid. These types of transfers simply never happened before. Granted, they aren't spring chickens but they still were big players for Madrid.

We are hearing said players are leaving because they want 'new challenges' but I do think it's a combination of factors including money/contracts, a new challenge and playing for the biggest club in England, which alongside Madrid, looks incredible on your CV.

There is still a hell of a lot of appeal in playing for Manchester united. Let's get it right.
When Ronaldo, Ramos and Varane left it was mostly to all of them demanding higer wages. Last season Varane had only one year left on his contract and he was offered a new contract on higher wages but he wanted to get paid the same amount as Alaba. The club didn't wanted to get rid of him but in that situation it was best to sell him if there was a good offer for him.

With Casemiro it has been more surprising as he is the younger in our midfield trio and he wasn't demanding higher wages or anything, in fact he had contract until 2025. He hasn't created a fuzz and it has been something very sudden, so in his case I do believe he really fancies to test himself in the premier league while he still has a few years left at his peak.

Semper Fudge

Adds nothing to the discussion
Casemiro is holding a farewell press conference with Perez on Monday morning at Madrid’s place so you’d imagine he’ll be on an afternoon flight to Manchester to catch the Scouse match live at Old Trafford.
Christ, can we not convince him to delay it until Tuesday?!

Hughie77

On the website as agreed in principle so I take its done, he won't be ready for Monday unless his work permit can get sorted quickly and he's trained at least 1 session.
I know this guy is 30 but he's DM and we haven't had one of these for a while. Fred or Mctom game time is less. As for MCtom he can play CB as he does for Scotland. Right back now please.

Andersons Dietician

Really hard to get excited about this. He’s a decent player but the reported 70 mil + add ons is an absolute joke. Real laughing all the way to the bank and Casemiro making a quick exit probably realising his playing time was about to get reduced due to Camavinga and Tchouameni.

United are a complete joke. Recruitment is absolute piss. I hope he does well but see Him becoming another expensive mistake.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Really hard to get excited about this. He’s a decent player but the reported 70 mil + add ons is an absolute joke. Real laughing all the way to the bank and Casemiro making a quick exit probably realising his playing time was about to get reduced due to Camavinga and Tchouameni.

United are a complete joke. Recruitment is absolute piss. I hope he does well but see Him becoming another expensive mistake.
How about, shut up.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Absolutely brilliant signing but we need another player to come in to play alongside him. Someone with the craft and guile to thread the lines and open up passing angles in a deeper role.

Ten Hag has a huge upgrade on the existing options at his disposal and Casemiro is also a huge upgrade on Edson Alvarez who was the DM at Ajax. We now need the Gravenberch profile.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Needed a proper enforcer in midfield. The better teams always do it, City and Scouse foul when a dangerous counter is on to reset correctly. It’s smart play, something our lads couldn’t do as we constantly got steamrolled.

the end of McTom and Fred playing so deep, for the best.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Absolutely brilliant signing but we need another player to come in to play alongside him. Someone with the craft and guile to thread the lines and open up passing angles in a deeper role.

Ten Hag has a huge upgrade on the existing options at his disposal and Casemiro is also a huge upgrade on Edson Alvarez who was the DM at Ajax. We now need the Gravenberch profile.
You are right but Erickson isn't bad at that either. Of course, someone with more playmaking would be appreciated. If only Bruno was more sensible with the ball he would be perfect against Casemeiro. Heck, he still might be!

Tiber

Good player who I am glad to have on board. Have been craving a top level defensive midfielder since before Fergie retired.

But I'm still unclear how Casemiro ended up as the plan B to De Jong. He is hardly going to be at the heart of our passing game like De Jong would have been.

Rather feels like the plan went out the window when De Jong didn't want to sign up for this clown show and we just signed the most appealing individual player we could get our hands on.

slored1

I am of the same opinion. Literally no excitement about this sadly.

Dazzmondo

With somebody who actually understands how to play the dm position, I think Eriksen could play that 2nd cm role tbh. He's very good at progressing the ball. Don't see us getting anyone else for cm before end of this window so best to just be happy we've finally got a dm.

Wezzaldo

Good player who I am glad to have on board. Have been craving a top level defensive midfielder since before Fergie retired.

But I'm still unclear how Casemiro ended up as the plan B to De Jong. He is hardly going to be at the heart of our passing game like De Jong would have been.

Rather feels like the plan went out the window when De Jong didn't want to sign up for this clown show and we just signed the most appealing individual player we could get our hands on.
Maybe EtH realised after first couple of games that a ball winning, tenacious leader type was more important? I still think we would of been too open and battered in transition with De Jong, whereas I feel a bit safer with Casemiro

Flexdegea

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

AlexUTD

You know that you arent in the Rabiot thread right? :lol:

saivet

When I saw Whitwell's tweet, I did wonder whether he had mistakenly put £ instead of €. Clearly not as the fee is being reported to be higher than we we were led to believe in the past few days by both British and Spanish journos.

Dazzmondo

This is one of the best midfielders of the last decade you clown :lol:

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
:houllier:Takes a redcafe poster to call Casemiro “decent”.

Status
Not open for further replies.