[Castles] Maguire has indicated to #mufc that he would like an English-born/speaker defender

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Dreadful.

Could you imagine the atmosphere in training if this was actually true :lol:

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
He should be banned. Basically a fake news journo who makes stuff up to make living. Pathetic how low profession like a journalist can go, especially in the past 10 years with the emergence of technology and social media when it's absolutely irregulated and especially in England with a strong tradition for tabloid & sensationalist paper. Unfortunately there is still a lot of sheep who will follow the likes of him, click and he can get away with that. Really hate that. I guess for our players the best defence is to keep calm and get going because otherwise it's just giving even more attention to these clowns..

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Maguire to me, despite costing 80m and having a bad experience on a vacation is one of the most dull, blank faced nothing out of the ordinary footballer you'll find these days. Only rivalled by Milner and Werner. The fact someone finds any ambiguity to that perspective is what gets me. Despite media trying to get you involved, thinking of his blank face should simply reset you to have a look at yourself instead, because thinking about him more than 6 seconds means you're ill. I mean that in the most respectful way intended to all parties.

Caesar2290

On a side note, any Brighton watchers can tell me how good is actually Ben White? I've never seen him play often, but on the few occassions that I did he looked pretty solid and tbh I would gladly take him at United. What are your thoughts on him?

Pickle85

Harry Maguire SLAMS Lindelöf and Bailly using FACTS and LOGIC

"I mean, it's just common sense, innit?" We're sitting in a pub of Harry Maguire's choosing. On the table there's a large plate of fish and chips and a few empty glasses that only minutes before were filled to the brim with Carling.

"Look, I have nothing against Sweden or the entire continent of Africa. But it does something with your head when in the heat of the moment on the pitch you have a Swedish prettyboy going all "hurdy gurdy give me the ball hurdy gurdy" or that other guy going all "ooga booga behind you booga". But I guess that's not politically correct to say, right?"

Harry shakes his head, adjusts his poppy and asks for another pint.

"Ooof, these pints are going straight to my head. But then again, so is everything else that applies to the laws of physics. Hah, BANTAH!"
Not sure why - maybe early morning hysteria - but this absolutely cracked me up. Woke my other half up chuckling.

Sparky Rhiwabon

On a side note, any Brighton watchers can tell me how good is actually Ben White? I've never seen him play often, but on the few occassions that I did he looked pretty solid and tbh I would gladly take him at United. What are your thoughts on him?
Isn’t Dunk their best CB though?

NoPace

Isn’t Dunk their best CB though?
Dunk looks to me to have lost a step after already being slow (which is partly why I think they play 3 at the back since centrally you can be slower) and Potter uses Ben White every game, but wherever they need someone to cover a weak spot, be it as Bissouma's partner (since Lallana hasn't been given the job and nobody else seems even remotely up to it, they really would have done well to get Maitland-Niles or Gilmour on loan or bought a long-term solution like Fleck or Winks or a foreign option) or either side of Dunk.

So it's tough to say. But there's certainly a case to be made that White could do well as Maguire's partner. He doesn't look terrible at DM on the ball and seems to read the game well. It would make more sense for us if we didn't have Lindelof I think, who has some similar strengths and question marks.

Perseus

It absolutely does:

“Harry Maguire has indicated to #mufc that he would like an English-speaking or English-born defender to play alongside — who understands the English football culture and can complement him. Ben White has been mentioned as a target by Maguire”

English-speaking
English-born
White

I know who Ben White is. It was a joke. Quite funny imo.
Maguire is not going to move to Brighton, he wants first team football.

Mindhunter

What? Is the journo an idiot or is our captain xenophobic? I will bet on the former.

red thru&thru

I'm surprised that stuff from Castles and his bitch are allowed to be put in here.

I did like listening to his podcast, as it always gave an opposing view, which is fine. However, now they just repeat the same old crap and resort to petty name calling with nothing positive to say.

norm87cro

Don't think that's true for a second and aldo I'm really not convinced in Lindelof he is Scandinavian which means he probably speaks fluid english.

Red00012

Maguire also said he only wants players who wear Adidas boots alongside him.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
What’s Castles bull shit record like? Is he reliable?

It makes sense that he would want an English speaking partner. English born is ridiculous though. Why limit yourself to such a small talent pool? Is there even any English centre backs out there that would upgrade on Lindelof and Bailly? We have Stones, Mings, Coady & Dier in the England squad. If those are the options than I suggest we look elsewhere. Other than Stones, who isn’t gettable, none of those are upgrades.

Cloud7

Harry Maguire SLAMS Lindelöf and Bailly using FACTS and LOGIC

"I mean, it's just common sense, innit?" We're sitting in a pub of Harry Maguire's choosing. On the table there's a large plate of fish and chips and a few empty glasses that only minutes before were filled to the brim with Carling.

"Look, I have nothing against Sweden or the entire continent of Africa. But it does something with your head when in the heat of the moment on the pitch you have a Swedish prettyboy going all "hurdy gurdy give me the ball hurdy gurdy" or that other guy going all "ooga booga behind you booga". But I guess that's not politically correct to say, right?"

Harry shakes his head, adjusts his poppy and asks for another pint.

"Ooof, these pints are going straight to my head. But then again, so is everything else that applies to the laws of physics. Hah, BANTAH!"
:lol:

Well done mate. This is quality.

Crashoutcassius

It makes sense that he would want an English speaking partner. English born is ridiculous though. Why limit yourself to such a small talent pool? Is there even any English centre backs out there that would upgrade on Lindelof and Bailly? We have Stones, Mings, Coady & Dier in the England squad. If those are the options than I suggest we look elsewhere. Other than Stones, who isn’t gettable, none of those are upgrades.
He isn't reliable. A serial liar. Most fans are such idiots that he skates by

big rons sovereign

I'm amazed he could climb out of Jose's arse long enough to write it.

copen1945

In the game against Albania, he clearly was the best England defender, even compared to Stones. Maguire is well on his way of proving right the moniker of the most expensive defender.