Celtic would be top 6 in the Premier League

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Obviously not. Arsenal are 6th but they'll comfortably beat Celtic I reckon.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
I would like to see Celtic and Rangers in the PL, would be great for the league

WhoDaGOAT

They could finish as high as Stoke do i.e. 8th/9th

Some of their players are of Premier League quality; Sinclair, Dembélé, Gordon, Tierney, Roberts.

Wiltord02

Supports
Arsenal
I would say Celtic would be a bottom half Premier League team.

Rangers, Aberdeen and Hearts would be Championship level. The rest are no better than League 1.

Deleted member 101472

maybe in 5 years they'd push into the top 10, amazing fan base + 60000 seater stadium plus all the extra revenue im sure they'd attract a premiership worthy squad

RedMaestro

Some of their players are of Premier League quality; Sinclair, Dembélé, Gordon, Tierney, Roberts.
Plus they'd be able to attract better players as well if they played in the PL...

Shady

Right now no chance in hell. Sinclair was a nothing player in the PL for years and is now their main man more or less.

But given the PL TV-money and the ability to attract bigger players, I don't think he is far off. Celtic is a massive club with great potential. Limited by a very poor league that no one outside of Scotland really cares about.

Not sure how you would do it, but I wouldn't mind seeing Celtic in the Premier League. Would be far more interesting to follow than many clubs currently in the top half.

BlueMoonOutcast

Rag in Disguise
Supports
Manchester City
What is the obsession with the Premier League for Celtic and Rangers?

It's like the Fleetwood Town manager telling the media they'd finish top six in La Liga.

It's a pointless none statement.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Nah. They'd do better than a lot of previous Celtic sides in recent years and would be somewhere between mid-table/bottom half I reckon. They've got some very good players, but then their star attackers wouldn't be quite so dominant in a league with stronger defences.

The CL mostly revealed that Celtic wouldn't be quite so strong in the PL: despite two very good results against City they still limped out in a manner most decent PL sides in the Champions League wouldn't.

Some of the defensive frailties which tend to come with a Rodgers side would also no doubt be exposed. They're very strong in attack and don't have to worry about defending too much in Scotland because they tend not to have to play defensively all too often.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
He can't help himself, the poor sap. Just shut up and accept the deserved plaudits for a job well done this year. A man determined to hoist himself by his own petard.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129

Sinclair is a good example of how terrible the league is. Shite for Aston Villa last season and overall in the Premier League scored a grand total of 13 goals from 111 games. In Scotland he looks like Messi and scores 18 from 27 league games.

WhoDaGOAT

Sinclair is a good example of how terrible the league is. Shite for Aston Villa last season and overall in the Premier League scored a grand total of 13 goals from 111 games. In Scotland he looks like Messi and scores 18 from 27 league games.
Sinclair has always had ability. Many a player have had theirs careers ruined by joining City. Delph and Rodwell are two other examples.

He is good enough to score 8-10 PL goals a season in the right system, under the right manager i.e. Rodgers.

Remember that the three best seasons of his career have all come under Rodgers.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Wonder if he pleased himself sexually in front of his own portrait today.

As for the top 6, just no, pure delusion as per usual from the deluded beaver.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
maybe in 5 years they'd push into the top 10, amazing fan base + 60000 seater stadium plus all the extra revenue im sure they'd attract a premiership worthy squad
I think this is a fair statement. All the nastiness aside the Premier League would benefit from having 2 Old Firm clashes every season, if Rangers also were in the top level.

Moot point, given that any club that wishes to enter the English football system should start from the semi-professional level and work their way up.

Last edited:

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Celtic would be lucky to stay up never mind finish top 6. I honestly think the likes of hull, palace, Burnley etc could beat them. The rest of the spl wouldn't even survive in the championship

TheReligion

Abusive
Celtic would not be top 6.

They would have a good record at home though and cause a few upsets but I'd rank them as a Burnley type side of this season.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
He's just pandering to the Celtic and Scottish fans, who love to bring this argument up.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
They'd be about 13th and still be a fairly exciting team.

endless_wheelies

feeling dizzy
They'd fight relegation initially but could easily mutate into a title chasing team within a decade or so of joining the Premier League, they really are a sperm whale in a pond.

Eire Red United

They'd fight relegation initially but could easily mutate into a title chasing team within a decade or so of joining the Premier League, they really are a sperm whale in a pond.
Yeah I agree, huge support, great stadium and some handy players at the minute except they are hindered by the fact that its difficult to attract top players to the scottish league. The team they have now would probably be good enough to finish around 12th-15th and in a few years like you say they'd be up there with the big boys.

Skills

Snitch
They wouldn't. Who the feck wants to play in Glasgow of all places? Even Liverpool struggle to get talent to Anfield, and they're much bigger than any of the old firm clubs.

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
Celtic fans sing Irish songs and wave Irish flags, which is no problem, but if they ever decide they don't want to play in the Scottish league any more it's pretty bleeding obvious they should apply to join the Irish league, not the English.

WhoDaGOAT

Celtic fans sing Irish songs and wave Irish flags, which is no problem, but if they ever decide they don't want to play in the Scottish league any more it's pretty bleeding obvious they should apply to join the Irish league, not the English.
They didn't vote for independence, so they are still British. You're stuck with them, pal.

WhoDaGOAT

Unfortunately for them, and fortunately for us, they can't vote themselves into the EPL though, can they? Both Celtic and Rangers, that is.
So not stuck with them at all then.
You didn't really get the sentiment from that post.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Scott Sinclair is their best player. It's just something he says to make the Celtic supporters feel grand. They would progress more in the PL as they have the supporters base to do so but on current level they're not close to cracking Europe in the PL.

theralyst

I think they'd teeter around 15th place. They had two handy draws against City this season, but that is a hardly a barometer, otherwise Plymouth would do well. Or Wolves. What I'm saying is that I think Liverpool should be relegated.

Reactions: Snowjoe

Frank Grimes

He was talking more down the line if they had the same revenue as the PL clubs, don't think he meant his current side would be top 6. Also he has done a really good job there, he might love himself but he is a fine coach.