g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

CFR Cluj v Manchester United

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Any idea what Uk channel this is on?

wr8_utd

:'(
Giggs to be rested for this and played at the weekend. Pretty sure Rooney and Welbeck will start this and hopefully we win this.

Godfather

-----------------DDG----------------

Rafael------Rio-------Evans----Büttner

------Cleverley-----------Anderson-----

--Nani--------Rooney---------Kagawa

----------------RvP--------------------

That's what I'd like to see.

Doubt RvP will start though and I think Fletch will start ahead of either Clev or Anderson. Not sure Kagawa will start neither. Probably SAF decides to put Welbeck out wide again.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Expecting a strong lineup, although our injury prone/old players to be left at home.
De gea
Rafael Evans wootton buttner
Anderson Cleverley
Nani Rooney Kagawa
Welbeck

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
If I were SAF I would have chosen exactly the same team, with maybe Fletcher in place of Carrick.
That was really my only doubt tbh, I had Fletcher in there first but then changed to Carrick as he should be fitter. But either choice would be deployed in that defensive role to provide further support for Wootton as he settles in.

But then Fergie never seems to agree (quite rightly) with my fantasy line-ups :lol:

Forget the league, I want this trophy the most (at the moment anyway),
I think we have a better chance of winning the league, but after last year I'd prioritise getting out of the group and into the next round. After that then maybe switch the focus onto at least finishing in the top three in the league. If our FA cup fixture curse has moved on to the league cup, then maybe that will become a target also.

But Sir Alex will of course go for all three (four with the league cup with we get past Chelsea at Stamford Bridge), and quite rightly so.

Cold_Boy

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is demanding his players are at their best for the Champions League encounter with FC Cluj.

Ferguson, intent on redemption after United’s humiliating pre-Christmas exit last season, will persist with a no-risk selection strategy in the hope of adding more points to the three collected against Galatasaray.

He said: “There’s no chance I’ll be going with kids in this one. We will play the experienced players.

“Cluj knocked out Basle over two legs in the qualifier — that shows where they are.

“To win in Braga takes some doing. It’s not an easy place to go. We are taking it seriously.

“They think they can qualify now. They have a home game against United: get something from it and are in a good position with back-to-back games against Galatasaray next.

“Galatasaray against Braga is an interesting one. That’s going to be a big game for their ambitions to reach the knockout stage.”

prateik

Giggs and Fletch to start then
Plenty of experience there.

----------de gea
Rafael---Rio---Evans--Buttner
-----------Fletch
------Clev-----Anderson
Chico-----------------Giggs
---------Rooney

RedThaiDevils#7

Married with Manchester United, In love with Giggs
Please just don't field Giggsy in MF, he's positioning and movement is too much like a CM nowadays it just wouldn't work. I'd even play a fit Brady to be fair. We shouldn't have sold Park as he'd be the perfect fit to play when all our wingers have been poor. Missing out on hazard and Lucas means I'm sure SAF is scouting some potential wingers too. Anyway it's an away match, we haven't played that well thus just Nani Valencia and Rooney should be enough to counter attack and play ando clev fletch/Carrick to press in MF. Should go out applying high pressure and using our pacey wingers to counter attack

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
De Gea

Rafael---------Rio---------Evans-------Buttner

Fletcher--------Anderson

Welbeck-----Rooney--------Giggs

Hernandez​

Revan

Assumptionman
Schmeichel

Neville Ferdinand Bruce Irwin

Beckham Charlton Scholes Giggs

Cantona Cole

A lot of experience :devil:

Longlivekeano

----------------------------------De Gea-----------------------------------

---Rafael----------------S.Wooton---R.Ferdinand------------Buttner--

----------------------------------D.Fletcher--------------------------------

-----------------------Cleverly------------Anderson----------------------

-------------Welbeck-----------Hernandez---------------W.Rooney-----

Prediction:1-3Hernandez hattrick

girish

I too love women...for their shoes.
Since Giggs only played 45 minutes and This being a rather small team I expect him to start. But hopefully with Clev, Ando, Rooney, Fletcher all getting some time.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
----------------DDG

Rafael-------Rio------Evans-----Buttner (note I thught Evra was decent against Spurs)

----------------Carrick

--------Cleverley------Anderson

----Rooney--------------------Kagawa

-------------------RvP

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Definition of clunge

Clunge

Noun: Vagina. (UK slang)

Example: I saw that girl's clunge when she got out of the taxi.

I am now 1 word smarter, thanks to the Caf!

manusteve

I wouldn't have Giggs anywhere in the first team at the moment. Scholes, Carrick? Yes fine, but not Giggs.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Gemma Thompson ‏@gem7thompson
Travelling squad: De Gea, Lindegaard; Büttner, Evans, Evra, Ferdinand, M.Keane, Rafael, Wootton...

Gemma Thompson ‏@gem7thompson
Ando, Cleverley, Fletcher, Lingard, Nani, Powell, Tunnicliffe; Hernandez, Kagawa, Rooney, RVP, Welbeck. No Giggs, Scholes, Carrick, Valencia

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
Strange that neither of them are in the squad.

Could this be SAF's way of saying "listen cuntos, playing like you did vs Spurs isn't on?"

If so, I'd suggest he tried playing them in a system which at least has a remote chance of them functioning within it.

dejans

He said: “There’s no chance I’ll be going with kids in this one. We will play the experienced players.
Very youthful travelling party:

De Gea, Lindegaard; Büttner, Evans, Evra, Ferdinand, M.Keane, Rafael, Wootton; Anderson, Cleverley, Fletcher, Lingard, Nani, Powell, Tunnicliffe; Hernandez, Kagawa, Rooney, van Persie, Welbeck.
Not that i'm against it, but it does look very youthful :houllier:

Fergie's mind games?

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Carrick didn't train this morning apparently, so probably has a knock.

jeston

Our answer to the defensive injury crisis..

...Silvestre?!

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
He's starting as a CB vs Cluj I hear.

He's always been a surefire repellant to clunge.

Havak

Pokemon master
He's not going to get a deal unless Ferdinand suddenly gets injured again, and even then I'd fancy Wootton to be given the nod. We just need to make it to the international break without further injury, then Smalling should be able to lighten the load on Rio and Jonny.

Cluj tomorrow and Newcastle Sunday should be fine for Ferdinand and Evans, then we've got two weeks before Ferdinand may need to play again against Stoke at Old Trafford. Just wrap him up for that time... Probably sub on Smalling against Stoke for Rafael, or the other way around. I think Stoke and Braga at Home will be ideal for Smalling to get some minutes in before he's benched for Chelsea in the League (then he can start against Chelsea in the League Cup too).

All of this is provided we don't suffer further injury... Surprised to see no Giggs in clunge though. From that squad, I'd fancy:

de Gea
Rafael Ferdinand Evans Büttner
Fletcher
Cleverley Anderson
Nani Rooney Welbeck
--
Lindegaard; Wootton; Tunnicliffe, Powell, Kagawa; van Persie, Hernandez​

It will probably be Evra over Tunnicliffe on the bench purely to make it look stronger, but the substitutions would probably be attacking ones anyway, so we should be looking at the attacking four towards the end of that bench :)

After some substitutions, I reckon we'll end up with Cleverley on the left wing and Kagawa or Powell behind Rooney (who will probably get replaced by Hernandez too).

The personnel and potential formation does look a bit odd though as I can see Cleverley, Kagawa, and Powell all wanting to play behind the striker, it's difficult to see which one would start and who will be forced to play out of position. So, I reckon Cleverley out wide, Powell deeper, and Kagawa in the middle at some stage.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
Club 18-30 rules for this CL match.

Carrick, Scholes and Giggs all left at home. :)

Probably just resting them up ahead of the next torture session in the league unfortunately.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
Realised that taking the 3 older midfield players on a trip to Romania when he's probably going to play all three at the weekend isn't the best idea.
Playing them isn't either but we shouldn't look a gift horse n the mouth i suppose.

SATA

Thought Giggs would have been very useful in a European game, especially after only playing 45 mins at the weekend. Scholes deserves a little break after the shift he put out there