RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
---------DDG-------------
Rafae-Rio-Evans-Buttner
--------Fletcher----------
---Anderson-Cleverley---
Nani------------- Kagawa
--------Rooney-----------

Not much empty space in the middle there.

Havak

Pokemon master
---------DDG-------------
Rafae-Rio-Evans-Buttner
--------Fletcher----------
---Anderson-Cleverley---
Nani------------- Kagawa
--------Rooney-----------

Not much empty space in the middle there.
I like this, but Fergie seems to have a reluctance to play Kagawa out wide.. So I bet it'd be this instead:

de Gea
Rafael Ferdinand Evans Buttner
Fletcher Anderson
Nani Kagawa Cleverley
Rooney​

Although the fact he's taking four strikers makes me pretty sure he's starting two of them, so it'll probably be Rooney or Welbeck in that position on the left instead of Kagawa/Cleverley...

manusteve

De Gea

Rafael
Ferdinand
Evans
Buettner

Fletcher

Cleverley
Anderson

Kagawa

Van Persie
Rooney

For me, the wing play has been appalling this season from the wingers and I would rather have Rafael and Buettner provide the width. Cover would come from Cleverly and Anderson if required and Fletcher sitting. I'm sick of watching the ball break down from Nani (while Rafael is assisting) and Evra and then the opposition are straight down the other end.

I know no Scholes, but we really need to move on. Lou Macari keeps saying that if there was someone who could come into the team and do what Scholes can do, then there'd be no need for Scholes. BUT, if you don't play the younger players consistently, how the feck are you ever going to find out? Short of buying a Schweinsteiger, of course...

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
A quick update to my previous line-up:

De Gea
Rafael---Evans---Wootton---Evra
Cleverley---Fletcher---Anderson
Kagawa---Rooney
Chicharito

Bench: Lindegaard, Buttner, M. Keane, Welbeck, RVP, Nani, Tunnicliffe​

I still want Wootton to start over Rio, but I'm not confident we'll see that. Also we'll probably see RVP start, which should finally give us Rooney and RVP from the start.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I keep forgetting this game is tomorrow and not on Wednesday - it's a great feeling :drool:

Widnes

-----------De Gea-------------

Rafael----Evans----Ferdinand----Buttner

Nani-----Cleverley---Anderson---Kagawa

----------Rooney----Van Persie---------

Devilton

SAF to try something radical and play a midfield pairing who's average age isn't 30+

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Here's the provisional squad for the game:

De Gea, Lindegaard, Rafael, Buttner, Evra, Ferdinand, Evans, Wootton, Keane, Powell, Cleverley, Anderson, Fletcher, Nani, Tunnicliffe, Lingard, Hernandez, Rooney, Welbeck, Van Persie, Kagawa.

bbc

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
I've got a feeling that RVP will start on the bench. Maybe Rooney, Welbeck and Kagawa as the main attacking focus.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Is the caf clock wrong, or has this thread not been bumped in the last 15 minutes. Despite the game kicking off in 12 minutes.

Edit: Ha! I thought it was Tuesday today!

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Is the caf clock wrong, or has this thread not been bumped in the last 15 minutes. Despite the game kicking off in 12 minutes.

:lol:

The U21s match will have to soften the disappointment for you tonight - though it's been pretty dire in the first half :annoyed:

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
Would have expected Rio to be rested along with Scholes. If Rio's out at Newcastle, we might be fecked
Cluj on Tuesday, Newcastle on Sunday and then it's international break, probably without Rio. He'll be okay.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
If SAF doesn't go with the midfield diamond I'd like to see:

De Gea
Rafael Evans Wootton Buttner
Fletcher
Cleverley Anderson
Nani....Chicharito Welbeck​

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons

Please tell me you were joking.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I have a feeling there's a little more to it than what he's playing it down to be. Scholes obviously can't play so often but I reckon Carrick and Giggs had a proper dressing down over their performances. Neither are above that.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
I keep forgetting this game is tomorrow and not on Wednesday - it's a great feeling :drool:
I know, it's better than Thursday morning (for myself as an Aussie).

Just got a text from my mate which I thought was quite witty. "What day are we playing the Clunge this week?.." Although it seems the clunge jokes are old and tired on the Caf..

:lol::lol:

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
I think that quote had to do with leaving Anderson out against Spurs?
The remark about Carrick and Scholes comes across as one of some permanence, that i think is worrying. Even if he wants to play them the least he could do is provide them some help in the the shape of Anderson, Cleverly or Fletcher.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
I wonder if we will play Fletcher at RB and play Anderson & Cleverley in midfield.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
I wonder if we will play Fletcher at RB and play Anderson & Cleverley in midfield.
If Rafael needs a rest he can have one when Smalling and Jones return from injury, for now i think i best to keep things as settled as possible.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
If Rafael needs a rest he can have one when Smalling and Jones return from injury, for now i think i best to keep things as settled as possible.
Jones ain't coming back anytime soon. And Smalling has to be eased in after the international break, so towards the end of October or early November could we properly see Smalling back in action. Not that Rafael can't handle the matches but he is also going to be traveling with the international squad (if I am not mistaken), even though he might not play.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
No Scholes, Carrick or Giggs in the squad? Makes sense. We'll need them to be fresh so they can be ready to use all their experience in our loss to Newcastle at the weekend.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
why Pathetic? thought it was a decent piece, it did not say anything that has not already been said on here.
I was responding to a specific quote that had been copied above by Nick 0208 Ldn - the bit about Anderson not being given more of a chance because of Scholes and Carrick being in good form, and us needing to play wingers.

It seems like the entire world is aware of our problems except the management. The chasing we were given by Spurs on Saturday was an embarrassment.

Carrick didn't bother turning up, while Scholes is an impediment to us blooding the likes of Anderson and Cleverley. It's frustrating that SAF doesn't see it in the same way as far as I'm concerned.

I worry - sure I'm not the only one - that Scholes, Carrick and Giggs being rested for Cluj means they'll feature against Newcastle. If they all do, we'll get battered.

pauldyson1uk

I was responding to a specific quote that had been copied above by Nick 0208 Ldn - the bit about Anderson not being given more of a chance because of Scholes and Carrick being in good form, and us needing to play wingers.

It seems like the entire world is aware of our problems except the management. The chasing we were given by Spurs on Saturday was an embarrassment.

Carrick didn't bother turning up, while Scholes is an impediment to us blooding the likes of Anderson and Cleverley. It's frustrating that SAF doesn't see it in the same way as far as I'm concerned.

I worry - sure I'm not the only one - that Scholes, Carrick and Giggs being rested for Cluj means they'll feature against Newcastle. If they all do, we'll get battered.
OK I can see that now,I also agree with everything you said.

Ash_G

Really can't understand his thinking, wanting to play wide is fine but then you need players who are actual wingers and players who can cover in the middle, giggs isn't a winger anymore. Playing scholes is fine as well but then you need to give him more protection and adapt the system for tougher games. I dunno if he's being honest there then it's quite odd and if giggs and carrick have been dropped from the squad as punishment I think it's harsh on them, giggs is being asked to do a role that by fergies own admission he can't do anymore and carrick is being expected to cover a whole midfield.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Really can't understand his thinking, wanting to play wide is fine but then you need players who are actual wingers and players who can cover in the middle, giggs isn't a winger anymore. Playing scholes is fine as well but then you need to give him more protection and adapt the system for tougher games. I dunno if he's being honest there then it's quite odd and if giggs and carrick have been dropped from the squad as punishment I think it's harsh on them, giggs is being asked to do a role that by fergies own admission he can't do anymore and carrick is being expected to cover a whole midfield.
We concede a lot of control in Europe to even average teams these days because of our insistance on playing 4-4-2. It's not the formation that's the problem but, as you say, the fact that we don't have the personnel to play it effectively. We're embarrassingly easy to play through in that system.