g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Champions League — quarter-finals and semi-finals draw

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
There is zero chance Kroos would pick Utd over Real Madrid.
It actually wasn't so much about chosing at that point. United for once didn't wait until the end of the window and were ahead of the curve. Kroos himself has said that Moyes had been at his home and everything was agreed in principle. But then Moyes was sacked and both sides put everything on hold. It's not confirmed if LVG directly vetoed the signing but he was less interested and Kroos himself was also sceptical about playing under him after his time at Bayern. Only then did Real Madrid enter the picture.

Telsim

Real Madrid comfortably the better team. That's some achievement at Allianz Arena, regardless of Bayern's current state.

Bole Top

I don't really see Bayern getting more than draw here. Madrid look so comfortable containing them.

MexicanCowboy

Supports
Barcelona
You're a... Barcelona fan???

Quick poll United fans: Liverpool or PSG?
Rivalr
You're a... Barcelona fan???

Quick poll United fans: Liverpool or PSG?
I dislike PSG on a different level. Real Madrid got money from the Spanish government in 2000 but other than that they are a team that earns the money they have. PSG are owned by Qatar and don't really deserve to be where they are.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Well, better than what we showed against City at least. Still not a fan of this setup as the likes of Rodrygo and Jude need to work so much off the ball they are gassed by the time they do get the ball.

Hope we hold on but also need to be better on the ball going forward. Bit sloppy.

tomaldinho1

If that's the case, then I wonder how he survived in Italy. Just weird.
Yeah it was one of the resident Bayern fans I think, maybe more the system they play means you have to be speaking more than how he played in Napoli but something went badly wrong on that goal and there was no reason for him to push so high, it made it so easy for Vini.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
You have Louis van Gaal to thank for that.
And Moyes eyeing up unrealistic moves for Bale or Ronaldo and trying to lure Fabregas cost the club Thiago who SAF had lined up for the summer.

Think about that... Carrick, Kroos and Thiago controlling United's midfield for a while. Sigh.

Could possibly have allowed to push Carrick into defense perhaps.

redshaw

Pretty tame encounter so far. It's more like teams stumble their way to these now, the Inter/Milan semi final last year was poor as well.

Makes it even more frustrating we can't even get in the mix for 10 years now.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Very easy. One more peck in the second half and this is over. Does Kimmich usually play this close to the flank? Mendy is very secure on that side.
I'd like to see Brahim

RoyH1

Bayern came out guns blazing and pressing high but lost their edge and Madrid has been comfortable after that. Only City can keep up a press all night long

E-mal

Tuchel is a bum, what is Guerrero doing in midfield? Take him to left back, Mazroui to RB and Kimmich to MF
This is madness playing with one midfielder

Tom Van Persie

No relation
And Moyes eyeing up unrealistic moves for Bale or Ronaldo and trying to lure Fabregas cost the club Thiago who SAF had lined up for the summer.

Think about that... Carrick, Kroos and Thiago controlling United's midfield for a while. Sigh.

Could possibly have allowed to push Carrick into defense perhaps.
That was the summer before. Moyes had Kroos lined up for summer 2014 but of course he was sacked and LvG said no to Kroos which opened the door for Madrid.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
I'm watching in Turkiye, and the commentator here is fantastic. Can't understand a word, but his voice and tone is infectious and engaging.