Champions League — quarter-finals and semi-finals draw

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I think I'll watch Bayern Arsenal. Got a feeling City will dismantle Real.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Last nights results were not good for City being stopped, Barcelona and atletico would be tougher opposition for City than dortmund and psg
Why? I could maybe understand Barcelona over PSG, but Atletico? They are C-R-A-P outside their stadium. BvB at least have had some decent results away

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
If we start losing and City are in fact dismantling Real, I might just switch :D
My feeling is that you'll put Arsenal out tonight. The first leg has influenced my thinking on that. I was expecting more from Arsenal to be honest.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
My feeling is that you'll put Arsenal out tonight. The first leg has influenced my thinking on that. I was expecting more from Arsenal to be honest.
I mean I very much hope so, but our options from the bench are pretty much nonexistent today. If plan A does not work there's not much to be done.

tomaldinho1

Bayern/Arsenal I think could go either way, think that's the one to watch.

Can't see much else than a City win versus this Real team, hope I'm wrong.

Todd

City/Madrid is the de facto final. As a neutral, it's a shame this matchup happened in the quarter-finals.

I think City win it, beat Bayern comfortably over two legs, and then uncharacteristically struggle in the final but eventually scrape by Paris.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Is Rodrygo underrated ?
Everytime I watch him I'm super impressed.
Needs more consistency and take the game like Vini does. He is still young and mainly been playing out of position though.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Needs more consistency and take the game like Vini does. He is still young and mainly been playing out of position though.
What's his favoured position and could you see him moving on if Mbappe does finally arrive ?

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
What's his favoured position and could you see him moving on if Mbappe does finally arrive ?
His best position is clearly on the left, where Vinicius plays.

If Mbappe arrives Rodrygo will have less minutes. I don't think he would leave immediately but will probably look for more of a leading role in two years time.

Imo he is an amazing super sub.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Most likely to move I think yeah, maybe not right away but in a season or two. Perez has a tendency to sell in order to balance the books.

Unless we switch to a 433, but then he would still not be able to play in his favored LW position. Unless Carlo magically makes it work. Vini has been playing more centrally and it took some time but he seems to grow in the role. Rodrygo remains best on the LW. We’ll see.

Hoping for the best today, kinda unlikely as City are simply the better team.

Jeffthered

Shame about Atletico, not sure what happened there.. you score that many goals and lose a tie? Poor result.

Not sure who will win this all.. will not be Dortmund though. Any of the rest. Mbappe may win it on his own if he makes it to the final.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
No idea how this lineup will look on the field

5 defenders, unless Guerreiro starts on the wing... or Kimmich in midfield, which seems unlikely.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I fancy Madrid to beat city. City haven’t been at their best this year so if Madrid turn up at the best they can, they can do it

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

5 defenders, unless Guerreiro starts on the wing... or Kimmich in midfield, which seems unlikely.
If Tuchel's ideas had a better track record with Bayern I'd say it's a pretty interesting lineup, he can transform the shape quite drastically just by moving around Mazraoui, Kimmich and Guerreiro.
And either way: Guerreiro is more midfielder than defender anyway, so it's not so crazy to play him as a LM, at least as long as there's movement around him.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
I fancy Madrid to beat city. City haven’t been at their best this year so if Madrid turn up at the best they can, they can do it
Don't get fooled by our domestic results, we grind out results, our football has been very average for quite a while now.

City's top level is quite a bit above ours.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Back to the usual formula, City boys on the bench and Tomiyasu/Jorginho coming in. I just hope he has enough rythm and can last the whole game.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96

Kicker also lists it as a 4231 with Guerreiro as LW, just like you suspect.

BarryWinks

I fancy Arsenal in that one. I don't think Bayern will have as much quality going forward with a fullback as LW. Also don't think Bayern are all that generally.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
I'm quite curious how Goretzka's role will look today. Lately he often played very deep (sometimes even played as a makeshift CB), but one of his strength is powering forward into the box. Musiala drifting wide left to open space for him and Guerreiro (who also can play DM) covering Goretzka's position when he runs into the box could be a pattern today.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
City - Madrid 4-1
Bayern - Arsenal ....ah what the hell, 1-3

There. You're welcome, you degenerates