Champions League — quarter-finals and semi-finals draw

E-mal

I don't have any dog in the race or a personal beef with Man City. I'm just here to enjoy football.

Atlético just ruins the fun and I'm glad to see them out of the picture.
I think Simeone has gradually faded, his style has completely gone out of vogue. He has failed to evolve

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
They were second best 11 v 11 with a terrible midfield that Barca could get by time and time again. They were also out coached in the first leg. It’s just a baffling, baffling take.
Playing for 70 minutes with 10 men against one the best teams in Europe and losing is a baffling take?

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Thoughts go out to that middle aged security woman failing to keep the hordes of photographers from Mbappe and team.

She was doing her job bless her but quite funny to watch the futile attempts.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
Nonsense penalty to see you through to the knockouts, and even though you landed in 2nd place, you got the easiest opponent imaginable in R16.

Congrats on semi final, but lucky stars for sure are with you this season.
Looks like PSG got the semi final 2nd leg at home,

So i think they make the final

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
I think Simeone has gradually faded, his style has completely gone out of vogue. He has failed to evolve
His style served Atlético well in La Liga and the EL for more than a decade, no matter how horrible to watch it is. It still does domestically, although I didn't follow it closely enough recently to say if Simeone adapted or not. But it undeniably failed in the CL even at Atletic's peak.

I still think that he's one of the best managers out there and one of the greatest of the last decade.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
PSG-City final. There are no winners. Just football being the loser.

It was always going to come to this eventually.

E-mal

His style served Atlético well in La Liga and the EL for more than a decade, no matter how horrible to watch it is. It still does domestically, although I didn't follow it closely enough recently to say if Simeone adapted or not. But it undeniably failed in the CL even at Atletic's peak.

I still think that he's one of the best managers out there and one of the greatest of the last decade.
Oh sure, to win 2 la liga in a decade or so against those two giants is commendable. Important not to forget that he has also been backed.
I just feel that he has decided to play this way because for him that is the only way his side can compete with the big sides.
I try to catch their games when I can and he has tried to be more expansive but that 442 diamond just makes them very narrow and not expansive. They don’t know how to kill games off when on top and often revert to type.
They are currently trying to remain in top 4 in the league

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
The so called "Group of Death" really proved to be the strongest group. Both Dortmund and Paris in the CL SF and Milan still in the EL QF (although will probably not reach the SF). PSG again against Dortmund should be fun.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
I have no idea how PSG and Dortmund will cock this up, I just know they will

You weren't that far off with PSG tbf, Lewandowski is useless, unfortunately.

All he had to do was pass the ball...

Redivy

I think it will be a Bayern - PSG final.

Mbappe could literally change his legacy by winning a UCL this season. No Messi, no Neymar, and probably the weakest PSG team in a decade. It would also stop a lot of the critics who bring up his failure to win it with PSG.

On the other side, Kane would have a chance to save himself from being a laughing stock this season.

tentan

Poor man's poster.

Mbappe could literally change his legacy by winning a UCL this season. No Messi, no Neymar, and probably the weakest PSG team in a decade. It would also stop a lot of the critics who bring up his failure to win it with PSG.

On the other side, Kane would have a chance to save himself from being a laughing stock this season.
Written in the stars that Mbappe will face his new club in the final

Stig

You'd fancy treble treble next season too. Let's see what they do in the market this summer.

Of course the quadruple comes back in and a possibility next season too :nervous:

Along with expulsion, forfeiture of all trophies and relegation to the Northern Premier League.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
As weird as it sounds, it’s good that PSG made it through. The way I see it, someone like Mbappe having a big performance is one of the more likely things to foil City (or even Arsenal) should they make the final.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

More likely Haaland vs Mbappe imo, with the former having a huge advantage of course

Ghirahim

Barca were unlucky to get a man sent off. I don't think that was a red.

MrWilliams

For the final, if it’s

PSG-Madrid - I want Madrid to win
PSG-City - I want PSG to win
PSG-Bayern - I want PSG to win
PSG-Arsenal - I want Arsenal to win

Cholo really fell his hand here. ATM had a clean path to the final and in a one off game, I’d fancy them against everyone outside Real Madrid.

Dortmund is not making the final

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Maybe it’s PSG turn to finally win a CL, took city a while. Enrique is the manager who could do it and Mbappe will be leaving as a CL winner

erikcred

Maybe it’s PSG turn to finally win a CL, took city a while. Enrique is the manager who could do it and Mbappe will be leaving as a CL winner
City in the middle of a treble of trebles. Mbappe has to wait his turn.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
For the final, if it’s

PSG-Madrid - I want Madrid to win
PSG-City - I want PSG to win
PSG-Bayern - I want PSG to win
PSG-Arsenal - I want Arsenal to win

Cholo really fell his hand here. ATM had a clean path to the final and in a one off game, I’d fancy them against everyone outside Real Madrid.

Dortmund is not making the final
In all those finals I'd rather PSG win. They're irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. Those other teams have fans and City are just City.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

Why is Kane a laughing stock ? Not winning a title has little to do with his own performances

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
You weren't that far off with PSG tbf, Lewandowski is useless, unfortunately.

All he had to do was pass the ball...
why the feck did you want barcelona to win?!?!?

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
That Barcola assist to Dembele. Nothing of that sort ever comes from our left side.

SonOfFergie

Delighted Barcelona are gone. They struggle when they have a ref who's not on their payroll.
I had a warm feeling of satisfaction watching Barcelona unravel yesterday. Self entitled pricks had most of the decisions going for them for far to long. A clean red, a clean penalty. Xavi crying during and after the game. Sweet sweet salty tears. :)

Henry was quite objective in his commentary in studio. Don't give a ref a chance to make such decisions. Cancelo diving in in that area was as stupid as it gets and then playacting as if he did nothing wrong. Araujo red same. It was a tight angle let keeper deal with it and don't get sent of.

Also a perfect way to round it of was that Atletico was also eliminated. Another dislikeable team with their negative football philosophy.